Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 06-23-2009, 07:14 PM   #239
Ginnalou

Drives: 2010 SIM 2LT/RS !!!!!
I'm in limbo...the dealer says my car is BUILT, but in quality control with 2 others he is waiting on. I called GM (super nice guy I talked with and said call anytime), he checked my order and said my car was NOT built. Any thoughts??????
Ginnalou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 08:26 PM   #240
Ginnalou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginnalou View Post
I'm in limbo...the dealer says my car is BUILT, but in quality control with 2 others he is waiting on. I called GM (super nice guy I talked with and said call anytime), he checked my order and said my car was NOT built. Any thoughts??????
Someone is not speaking the truth
Old 06-23-2009, 08:31 PM   #241
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Someone is not speaking the truth
That would be your dealer IMO. If you're lucky enough to get someone who speaks fluent English at the 1800 number they have no reason to lie to you. If their screen says your car wasn't built, it wasn't built. Did you ask them your current event code and when it was achieved?

My .02
Old 06-23-2009, 08:49 PM   #242
Ginnalou

Not only did the guy at GM speak English...he gave me his direct number so I can call anytime and check status on the car. He didn't give me a status code, just that it was an accepted order. He also said that the dealer would have more information...blah blah blah. The dealer said I was at 3400. Do they just say anything just to shut you up? I HATE this game.
Old 06-24-2009, 01:55 PM   #243
Mmketeer

Drives: '99 Z28 Black w/ T-Tops
Quote:
Not only did the guy at GM speak English...he gave me his direct number so I can call anytime and check status on the car. He didn't give me a status code, just that it was an accepted order. He also said that the dealer would have more information...blah blah blah. The dealer said I was at 3400. Do they just say anything just to shut you up? I HATE this game.
Wow, I don't know if you saw my post just above yours but I am in the same boat. I don't understand why this process has to be so frustrating!

"Stuck at 3400!! Produce the car already GM, I at least need a VIN Number!!!"
Mmketeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 03:18 PM   #244
Ginnalou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmketeer View Post
Wow, I don't know if you saw my post just above yours but I am in the same boat. I don't understand why this process has to be so frustrating!

"Stuck at 3400!! Produce the car already GM, I at least need a VIN Number!!!"
The dealerships must go to the same school of BS! I called the dealer today and he is sticking to his story telling me I am 3400..................
Old 06-24-2009, 03:25 PM   #245
Ginnalou

Quote:
The dealerships must go to the same school of BS! I called the dealer today and he is sticking to his story telling me I am 3400..................
Guess what pal??? You and I ordered from the same dealership! I sure hope we are not waiting on the same car? SIM 2LT/RS....
Old 06-24-2009, 05:55 PM   #246
Rallyman6

Drives: '10 2SS/RS IOM, Wht Stripes, Roof
Hang in there it's worth the wait!

2SS/RS IOM, Wht Stripes, 6MT, IO Interior, Roof, Eibach Sways, BC Coilovers, BMR Swing arms,Barton Short Shift, BBK LT's, GMPP exhaust, Hi-Flow Cats, MAST Stage 2 Cam, CAI = 470RWHP
Rallyman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 07:44 AM   #247
tbarber87

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS CGM Rally Stripes
I received my order # yesterday after being told my car was allocated sometime last week. . .this has continued to confuse me because from what I have been reading, most people received their order #'s the day they placed the order, even before receiving their allocation. All my dealer can tell me is that its now "in the system" but I have no idea what that means, I called the GM help line last night and was further confused.

My order number is NKSX2K or it could be NKSXQK. . .

Black 2 ss/rs with moon roof option and standard transmission

Would someone on here be able to help me out and look to see where my baby is as far as status codes go?

Thanks so much!!
tbarber87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 11:15 AM   #248
BoostedX2

Drives: VR ZL1 #259/Nissan 370Z NISMO
I looked thru the thread but wasn't completely sure...so, I have my 6 digit order code and the dealer says GM has accepted it, and when I called the 1-800 number thaey said the same thing. Will the folks at the 1-800 number be able to tell me what event code it is at? or just the dealership? Because I have some dweeb of a salesman that has to go thrugh his sales manager to get to the order guy and doesn't seem to have a clue. Thanks for the help!
Order Number NKMNBV
BoostedX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 11:21 AM   #249
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgsavujr View Post
I looked thru the thread but wasn't completely sure...so, I have my 6 digit order code and the dealer says GM has accepted it, and when I called the 1-800 number thaey said the same thing. Will the folks at the 1-800 number be able to tell me what event code it is at? or just the dealership? Because I have some dweeb of a salesman that has to go thrugh his sales manager to get to the order guy and doesn't seem to have a clue. Thanks for the help!
Order Number NKMNBV
I think its been said that they will just call your dealer to get the information. might as well save a step and call your dealer.
Old 06-25-2009, 11:23 AM   #250
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgsavujr View Post
Order Number NKMNBV
Most likely just the dealership. Find contact info for their inventory manager; he/she is the person they will all go to anyways to check the status of your order. In my case, that person couldn't have been more helpful and was a great guy to talk to. Keep in mind, I didn't bother him every day either. I probably talked to him 6-8 times throughout the whole time.
Old 06-26-2009, 05:29 AM   #251
BBfan24

Drives: '10 Black 1SS/RS
there's a few of us here in hawaii that know what our VINs are. and we know all our cars were shipped right around the same time, (late may early june)ish. the manager at the dealership i ordered from said my car is at event code 4800, that was last week friday. now we have no clue where the cars are due to the shipping across the ocean issue. is there anybody that could help figure out where my car is? i want to know if it's still docked on the west coast, if it was boarded on to a ship, or maybe with luck already here in hawaii. if anybody can help me, PM me and i'll give you the information you need to track. thanks
Old 06-26-2009, 09:12 AM   #252
Mmketeer

Drives: '99 Z28 Black w/ T-Tops
Quote:
Guess what pal??? You and I ordered from the same dealership! I sure hope we are not waiting on the same car? SIM 2LT/RS....
Really? LOL! Small world. Actually I ordered a Black RS/2SS. I ordered my car on May 10th in Hudson and it went to Broadcast June 5th. When did you order yours?
I think the guy we ordered from is good, just maybe a bit overly optimistic as he was leading us to believe we'd have our car by July. I don't see that happening since it hasn't even gone into production yet. But, if for some miracle he's right, I'll eat my words and sing his praises here like crazy.
Mmketeer is offline   Reply With Quote