Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 08-09-2012, 08:32 PM   #1
angrykiller1

Drives: 2011 2ss inferno orange convertible
lets cost g.m. some money

i am interested in costing g.m. some money because of the neglect they have shown towards not repairing the convertible problems. costing them money will get the attention we need. if you would like to join facebook page i am Dave Cader search "camaro convertible defects and problems"
angrykiller1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 08:33 PM   #2
angrykiller1

Drives: 2011 2ss inferno orange convertible
use what language you want, there will be no edit and all will be welcome. lets get some action!
angrykiller1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 09:10 PM   #3
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
It' amazes me that threads like this exist on this forum. but threads in this section that question how many people actually have problems get deleted. I'm seeing why I don't come on here that often.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 09:29 PM   #4
9072SS/RS

Drives: 2011 camaro 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by angrykiller1 View Post
i am interested in costing g.m. some money because of the neglect they have shown towards not repairing the convertible problems. costing them money will get the attention we need. if you would like to join facebook page i am Dave Cader search "camaro convertible defects and problems"

wow, good luck with that....unless you start a class action and if there are actually that many people with issues then maybe.

just cut your losses and sell your car and never buy anther GM product again and spread the word as you go about your daily business.

and to you guys with issues i hope your getting taken care of.

BTW this thread sucks.
9072SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 10:38 PM   #5
theragtopguy
Lifetime Philly Fan

Drives: 2015 Spring Edition 2SS M-6
Class Action suit? What a joke.....the only one that makes any money are the parasite lawyers!!
Tune by DynoSteve via SCTx4 Tuner

One of 82 GF Ragtops built in '15 out of 811 Total

[/SIZE]

theragtopguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 11:34 PM   #6
Eli

Drives: 2011 Convertible SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9072SS/RS View Post
wow, good luck with that....unless you start a class action and if there are actually that many people with issues then maybe.

just cut your losses and sell your car and never buy anther GM product again and spread the word as you go about your daily business.

and to you guys with issues i hope your getting taken care of.

BTW this thread sucks.
We're not being taken care of, but people being outspoken about gm's indifference keeps others from making the same mistake and costs them sales. Power to the informed buyer.
Eli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 11:37 PM   #7
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
I cost them money already by getting a great deal on my Camaro purchase and hardly driving it so no service charges or trade in anytime soon.
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 12:26 AM   #8
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli View Post
We're not being taken care of, but people being outspoken about gm's indifference keeps others from making the same mistake and costs them sales. Power to the informed buyer.
find a different dealer. Mine was fixed first time. I will say this till the day i die. The ones with the problems will make it out that the problem is bigger then it really is. And generally speaking the ones with out problems will remain silent. Your GM's indifference is more like dealer indifference to customer satisfaction. My dealership bent over backwards to ensure everything was right before returning the car. yes, it took longer than they originally said ,but I would rather it be done right and in the shop 1 extra week then constantly going into the shop.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 06:53 AM   #9
pony

Drives: 2011 2SS Convert; Color RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post
Mine was fixed first time. The ones with the problems will make it out that the problem is bigger then it really is. And generally speaking the ones with out problems will remain silent.
I have to somewhat disagree on your statement. I to originally thought some of the problems were being overstated and overhyped, UNTIL my 5th bow broke out of the blue and my top, (that I originally rejected getting a new one at the TSB) was fraying and developing holes. My dealer(s) have worked hard on fixing these problems and I think they have been fantastic to work with. However, I still have problems with the top (the quarter glass moulding trim) and GM tech support has had 3 different answers of how to fix this based on other threads. I just want some consistency of answers and guarantee that this top will last longer than the 3/36. I have basically been unable to utilize the car as designed since June 26th, and still waiting.
pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 07:06 AM   #10
95birdible

Drives: 2012 1SS Camaro Convertible
I would tend to agree that GM really has no clue as well as some dealerships. They approved my buyback but I still had to take the car out of storage during a Minnesota winter to bring it in and get all remaining problems taken care of. Why? The car is under warranty and shouldn't matter when it gets fixed. I complied and luckily we had an early spring so I could enjoy the old and new car.
"Green Flash"
95birdible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 08:48 AM   #11
SSTOKED

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post
Your GM's indifference is more like dealer indifference to customer satisfaction. My dealership bent over backwards to ensure everything was right before returning the car. yes, it took longer than they originally said ,but I would rather it be done right and in the shop 1 extra week then constantly going into the shop.
From what I've been reading in this forum, I tend to agree. The dealers in the middle and sometimes the GM district manager may be the problem. Although I disagree with GM's approach on a retrofit top kit vs. a whole top assembly replacement, it is painfully obvious the engineers are working to fix the problem. Having a third revision top on the market after being into production only 1.5 years is pretty quick turn around. It takes an act of God to get design changes put through the internal channels, tested and validated.
Complete rebirth 8/27/2012 (new 6/27/2012 revision top installed, new carpet, new tonneau cover and new third brake light)

MODS:
Solo Performance Exhaust: Axle Back with J-Pipes
SSTOKED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 08:52 AM   #12
95birdible

Drives: 2012 1SS Camaro Convertible
I think our cars are the testing and validation!
"Green Flash"
95birdible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 08:52 AM   #13
SSTOKED

Quote:
Originally Posted by angrykiller1 View Post
use what language you want
Dave, no offense but this will not get you anywhere. Put yourself in a customer service position and imagine yourself dealing with an irate customer mouthing off. You would eventually dismiss that customer as someone you could never win back. Being professional and persistent is the key (or lawyer if that is necessary).
Complete rebirth 8/27/2012 (new 6/27/2012 revision top installed, new carpet, new tonneau cover and new third brake light)

MODS:
Old 08-16-2012, 08:53 AM   #14
SSTOKED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95birdible View Post
I think our cars are the testing and validation!
Sad, but seems to be the truth. I always told myself I would never buy a first model year car. But, I couldn't resist this one! Dammit.

MODS: