Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 06-01-2012, 08:19 AM   #1
GoldCartridgeGamer

Drives: 2014 Ford SVT Raptor SuperCrew
2010 1SS/RS or 2013/14 1LE?

I wanted a V8 when I got my current Camaro last year, but could not afford one, bought during year end clearance for 2011's, could not find a decent used SS deal around my area, and my last car was dying so I needed something sooner than later.

Well fast forward to now. I will be graduating in December from college and already have a job lined up (currently interning at place of employment). I am in a financially better spot than I was a year ago.

Well I am always checking out new and used Camaro's in my area via cars.com. I came across this gem: http://www.hyundaiwolfchase.com/Vehi...-TN/1530251803

It has been on the lot since August 2011 apparently. I went and looked at it yesterday in the rain so none of the salesman would bother me. Seemed to check out fine. I can tell it has been sitting on the lot a little while. I am going to look at it again today and ask to test drive. I know that price is too high.

I am hoping for some input from all you C5 members is if I should wait on a 1LE or try to get this (provided price is right). I am excited about the 1LE, but at same time wondering if it is more cost effective to just get an SS and mod it. Thanks for any input.

How to hug your camaro
Buy the car that you would most like to get beat in. The other guy will always be faster.
GoldCartridgeGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 08:22 AM   #2
Birm

Drives: Florida Speed & Power
No chance I would pay 33k for a used 2010. IBM was/is one of my favorite colors on this car but I am sorry. You can get a brandnew 1SS/RS for around that @ Invoice and most dealers nowadays are willing to go below invoice.

Get a 12' or 13' for the same price or get your 1LE for a little more.

As far as SS or 1LE, for what you get suspension wise I think it is worth the additional price...After parts and installation you would be close anyways.....

Just my .02
Birm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 08:26 AM   #3
GoldCartridgeGamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birm View Post
No chance I would pay 33k for a used 2010. IBM was/is one of my favorite colors on this car but I am sorry. You can get a brandnew 1SS/RS for around that @ Invoice and most dealers nowadays are willing to go below invoice.

Get a 12' or 13' for the same price or get your 1LE for a little more.

As far as SS or 1LE, for what you get suspension wise I think it is worth the additional price...After parts and installation you would be close anyways.....

Just my .02
Yea I too know that price is way TOO high. I love IBM and it looks amazing in person. When I go to talk to them today I am going to tell them that I can get a brand new one for that price or even lower and see how low I can talk them down. I figure since it has been on the lot almost a year they've lost almost all value in it.

Thanks for your input!

How to hug your camaro
Buy the car that you would most like to get beat in. The other guy will always be faster.
Old 06-01-2012, 08:30 AM   #4
Birm

Drives: Florida Speed & Power
NP..I would not go anymore then 28.5k OTD....You are almost better off just getting new and if you dont plan on voiding the warranty you will have a full one in tact.

33k on a 10' is outrageous..That is not taking into consideration ANY depreciation or the fact that the warranty is 2/3s gone.
Birm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 08:58 AM   #5
GoldCartridgeGamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birm View Post
NP..I would not go anymore then 28.5k OTD....You are almost better off just getting new and if you dont plan on voiding the warranty you will have a full one in tact.

33k on a 10' is outrageous..That is not taking into consideration ANY depreciation or the fact that the warranty is 2/3s gone.
I was thinking along that price so glad to hear I am not crazy, lol. I will void the warranty just as I have on my current Camaro so not worried about that. If I get a SS the first mod I want is a supercharger.

Yea I think that price is part of the reason why it has sat so long. If they don't wanna make a deal then I'll leave and go to talk to my Chevy dealer to see what they can find for me since they don't have any SS coupes currently.

How to hug your camaro
Old 06-01-2012, 09:00 AM   #6
Bodih
I Got My Orange Crush

Drives: it like I stoles it...
If you have the means, get exactly what you want. Don't settle for any unknowns with a used car. Chevy's learned a lot with the Camaro the last 3 years, and I think it will be evident in the '13 models and 1LE package. It's the one reason I would consider upgrading soon. I think I'll wait and see what the last year of this model will have, and what the 6th Gen will be like before my next purchase.

My love is in league with the freeway. Its passion will ride, as the cities fly by, and the tail-lights dissolve in the coming of night. And the questions in thousands take flight ~Robert Plant - Big Log~
Bodih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 09:13 AM   #7
GoldCartridgeGamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodih View Post
If you have the means, get exactly what you want. Don't settle for any unknowns with a used car. Chevy's learned a lot with the Camaro the last 3 years, and I think it will be evident in the '13 models and 1LE package. It's the one reason I would consider upgrading soon. I think I'll wait and see what the last year of this model will have, and what the 6th Gen will be like before my next purchase.
True that is what I am trying not to do (settle like I had to with my current camaro). I basically want a 1SS/RS LS3 or 1LE/1SS/RS. I've considered a new 2013-? 2SS for only one reason, the new Mojave interior. Otherwise I am not a fan of leather. I prefer cloth seats. I need to see it out in the wild or hear people's opinions on it before hand same with the 1LE.

How to hug your camaro
Old 06-01-2012, 09:23 AM   #8
Magilla gorilla

Drives: 2012 45th Edition 2LT RS,2005 Tahoe
Price is too high for that price you could get a new 2012 as I paid close to that for my 2012 45th.
Magilla gorilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 10:11 AM   #9
GoldCartridgeGamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magilla gorilla View Post
Price is too high for that price you could get a new 2012 as I paid close to that for my 2012 45th.
As said above we all agree on that.

How to hug your camaro
Old 06-01-2012, 10:13 AM   #10
Nessal

Drives: Exige, Miata, Ghia
I would not pay a hair over 28k for it.
Nessal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 10:16 AM   #11
RallySS

Drives: 2011 Rally Yellow RS/2SS Vert M6
Or if the frills of the newer 12 and 13 don't impress you much, go scout a few lots for great deals on new 2011's that they need to get rid of and will cut you a much better price on and possibly get 0% financing. You may even find the same color if it was the last year, can't remember.
Old 06-01-2012, 10:57 AM   #12
GoldCartridgeGamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nessal View Post
I would not pay a hair over 28k for it.
That's the number I have in my head for OTD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RallySS View Post
Or if the frills of the newer 12 and 13 don't impress you much, go scout a few lots for great deals on new 2011's that they need to get rid of and will cut you a much better price on and possibly get 0% financing. You may even find the same color if it was the last year, can't remember.
I don't like the new steering wheel at all nor do I like the faux material on the dashes now. The new rearview rimless mirror and the touchscreen have my interest that are going to be in the 2013's - ?, but I also really like the current headunit in my 2011. There are 0 new 2011's within a 100 mile radius of me that I am interested in. (2LT's or verts) So no luck there. When I search within 100,000 miles of me for a 2011 LS3 coupe they are either way high (50k) or not a color I like (Rally Yellow and Black). So I am looking in the used market now. Hopefully I'll find something or just wait on the 1LE.

How to hug your camaro
Old 06-01-2012, 12:13 PM   #13
StangKiller-SS

Drives: GM products
Think that comes down to a choice of what you can afford when the 1LE's drop. If you know that you can roll with a 1LE and that's what you really want I'd wait for sure. Better to buy the actual right Camaro that you want than to settle and buy the right now Camaro.
StangKiller-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 02:45 PM   #14
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lgndryhr View Post
I wanted a V8 when I got my current Camaro last year, but could not afford one, bought during year end clearance for 2011's, could not find a decent used SS deal around my area, and my last car was dying so I needed something sooner than later.

Well fast forward to now. I will be graduating in December from college and already have a job lined up (currently interning at place of employment). I am in a financially better spot than I was a year ago.

Well I am always checking out new and used Camaro's in my area via cars.com. I came across this gem: http://www.hyundaiwolfchase.com/Vehi...-TN/1530251803

It has been on the lot since August 2011 apparently. I went and looked at it yesterday in the rain so none of the salesman would bother me. Seemed to check out fine. I can tell it has been sitting on the lot a little while. I am going to look at it again today and ask to test drive. I know that price is too high.

I am hoping for some input from all you C5 members is if I should wait on a 1LE or try to get this (provided price is right). I am excited about the 1LE, but at same time wondering if it is more cost effective to just get an SS and mod it. Thanks for any input.
The new 2012 1LE is going to be mind blowing! Its features and benefits are endless.

The Camaro1LE features an exclusive Tremec TR6060-MM6. Paired with a numerically higher 3.91 final drive ratio, the close-ratio gearing of the transmission is tuned for road-racing performance. As with the ZL1, the 1LE transmission features a standard air-to-liquid cooling system for track use. The 1LE also features exclusive, monotube rear dampers instead of the twin-tube dampers on SS models. The new hardware allowed engineers to tune the 1LE suspension to focus on optimal body-motion control while preserving much of the ride quality and wheel-motion control of the Camaro SS.

New for 2013, the electric power steering system developed for the ZL1 will be standard on all 2013 SS models. The variable ratio, variable effort system provides light efforts for easy maneuverability at parking-lot speeds as well as increased resistance at higher speeds. This provides more feedback, and a more direct steering feel, to the driver.

Also new for 2013 is an available dual-mode exhaust system, available on Camaro SS models with the LS3 V8 engine and six-speed manual transmissions. Similar to the systems found on the ZL1 and Corvette models, this vacuum-actuated system provides a quieter driving experience at low engine speeds and a more aggressive sound at high engine speeds.

Don't forget! Chevrolet’s color touch radio with MyLink infotainment is available on all 2013 Camaro LT, SS and ZL1 models. The color touch radio, with a 7-inch touch screen, also can be paired with an available in-dash GPS navigation system – a first for the Camaro. The color touch radio with MyLink gives customers a higher level of in-vehicle wireless connectivity and customized infotainment options, while building on the safety and security of OnStar. It seamlessly integrates online services such as Pandora® internet radio and Stitcher SmartRadio® using hands-free voice and touch-screen controls via Bluetooth-enabled phones. MyLink adds stereo audio streaming and wireless control of smartphones, building on the voice activated Bluetooth hands-free calling capability already offered in most Chevy vehicles. The high-resolution, full-color touch screen display makes media selection easy to navigate.

MyLink also retains all the capabilities of today’s entertainment functions, including AM/FM/Sirius XM tuners, auxiliary and USB inputs.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service