Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

View Poll Results: Who Would Win In A Fight?
Floyd Mayweather Jr. 7 41.18%
Manny Pacquiao 10 58.82%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-20-2012, 10:41 PM   #29
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkneSS View Post
I just rewatched the fight and I do. Manny took most of the early rounds, 4/5 rounds. After that he just seemed to stop and just didnt do anything. Pretty much every round after round 5 went to Bradley imo. He skillfully danced around the ring landing a shot here and there. Once in a while Manny would throw a wild flurry that hardly connected, despite everyone going crazy.

The announcers said nothing when Bradley landed shots but screamed like the world was ending anytime Manny landed anything.

Bradley was definitely hurting Pac while Bradley was completely unfazed despite taking some straight crosses to the face.

Ive always seriously doubted Compubox. 2 people sitting the pushing buttons? It should be 3 for each fighter and then the totals should be averaged. Manny threw so many punches that the announcers said connected when upon closer examination I noticed Bradley slipped them and dodged them.

Just a bunch of wild flurries that did no damage. The bias is more than obvious and I'm glad the judges agree with me and scored it properly.

If there is ever a rematch, expect Pac to get leveled. Had Bradley's feet been okay Manny would have been knocked out in the later rounds. The boy fought with a fractured foot...

Planting yourself is SO important when it comes to boxing. That injury likely sapped all his power and he still was able to check Manny.

http://www.expertboxing.com/boxing-t...egged-punching

WHEELMAN! Do check out that site if you don't already know about it.

Keep in mind too, that the WBO was made popular by Pac among other fighters.
I suppose the 5 international judges that all scored the fight to go to manny are wrong too, then?
Old 09-21-2012, 08:22 AM   #30
WheelmanSS
Logic is dead

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to WheelmanSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by aSSian View Post
I suppose the 5 international judges that all scored the fight to go to manny are wrong too, then?
It's easy to score a fight in hindsight. What isn't easier to judge in hindsight?
- Kooks Stepped Headers, Magnaflow 16580
- Suspension by Pfadt, Hotchkis.

2007 Trailblazer SS- Sold
2001 Trans Am WS6 431 RWHP 408 RWTQ - Sold
1994 Camaro Z28 - Sold
WheelmanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 10:39 AM   #31
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
Quote:
All chosen by the WBO. Pac is WBOs boy! Lots of bias there!

Watch the fight again, Manny throws a ton of flurries that are wild and just dont land. Manny gets a lot of credit for being a good fighter and its clear people just assume when hes throwing wild punches that they are all landing.

One series did though and he landed about 5/7 punches if I remember correctly. Those caused Bradley to retreat quickly and that is when he injured his foot.

I love the overt bias from Pac fans too. Bradley had Manny on the ropes just as much as Pac had him on the ropes yet the announcers and no one else acknowledges this! Bradley was only mildly in trouble during that nice flurry Pac had that I mentioned above. But yo, he took 5 of Pacs stronger shots, fractured his foot, all in one sequence, and didnt go down or even look like he was going to go down.

There were 2 times Manny was on the ropes and he looked hurt and about to get knocked down. At no point did Bradley even come close to going down, despite going through a scenario that would probably take most fighters down.
DarkneSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 12:13 PM   #32
PoorMansCamaro

meh, i don't think anyone is going to change their minds on who they thought should have won. just means there needs to be another fight.

mayweather > bradley
mayweather > manny

Old 09-21-2012, 05:46 PM   #33
C5RocksC5
Banned

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
It's easy to score a fight in hindsight. What isn't easier to judge in hindsight?
what about everyone else in the sport (other than those two judges) who scored it as a runaway for Manny? I mean come on. Tim got the decision but bias aside, Manny clearly won that fight. It was like watching Roy Jones get robbed at the Olympics. It was shameful. Tim even said to Bob Arum right after the fight "Im sorry, I did my best, but I can't beat him." He was shocked when his hand was raised as the winner Give it to pacman, he didn't protest, he said it was what it was. People put a lot of heat on Bob Arum to demand an investigation. The OFFICIAL result of the investigation...Manny clear won a unanimous decision but the unjust official decision after the fight will remain. Boxing is a dying sport...it is all about PPV and corruption. I miss the 80s with the big names fighting the best and on national TV for everyone to see, free!

I live in Vegas, everyone in the gambling game said Manny won the fight....EVERYONE. But it is Vegas and it needs a new moneymaker but the wrong guy was chosen...no one predicted Tim would be so unpopular, not enough fan base, and doesn't know how to sell his fights. Simply put, the search is still on for the next Flloyd and Manny. The truth is, boxing needs a dominant American Heavyweight again that will sell tickets...and we don't see that happening while the russian brothers are around.
MMA is taking over Vegas and boxing will just be a side show in 10 years.
C5RocksC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 05:49 PM   #34
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
this topic died along time ago..and Manny would've won.
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 12:00 AM   #35
Renegade
Banned

Drives: Camaro SS Edition
Send a message via AIM to Renegade Send a message via MSN to Renegade Send a message via Yahoo to Renegade Send a message via Skype™ to Renegade
Looks like rapper 50 cent trying to close deal with Mayweather and Manny. And he speaks on Bradley and his upcoming fight..

He doesn't have anything to prove or the fans care to see a rematch -truth.

Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 01:05 AM   #36
PoorMansCamaro

i heard you like counter punchers, so we put a counter puncher in your counter puncher, so you can counter punch...
Old 09-22-2012, 01:13 AM   #37
Renegade
Banned

Drives: Camaro SS Edition
Send a message via AIM to Renegade Send a message via MSN to Renegade Send a message via Yahoo to Renegade Send a message via Skype™ to Renegade
Quote:
i heard you like counter punchers, so we put a counter puncher in your counter puncher, so you can counter punch...
Sounds like a tongue twister.
Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 02:23 PM   #38
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
Sooooo anyone wanna make a Martial arts/boxing/fighting sports thread? Despite our disagreements I enjoyed this debate and discussion.

And yo Renegade where in NY are you? I wanna check out that ride sometime...
DarkneSS is offline   Reply With Quote