Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 05-09-2010, 07:41 AM   #1
cab2g
love. my. car.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
winter tires that fit stock 20" SS wheels

OK, so I'm getting close to owning a Camaro now, and I really want to get all my ducks in a row. I know this is the WRONG time to start thinking about winter, but I am just tired of looking around. Tire Rack used to offer the Bridgstone Blizzak SUV tires in both 275 and 245 width, now they only offer 245 for some reason. So I was wondering, for all you experts. What is the list of ALL the brands that make winter tires that will fit on the stock 20" SS rims. I hear narrower is better for winter so I guess it's ok to list tires that are a little more narrow than stock as well. Links would be helpful as well!
Old 05-09-2010, 07:43 AM   #2
skuttduck

Drives: 2010 RJT 2LT Camaro
Send a message via ICQ to skuttduck Send a message via AIM to skuttduck Send a message via Yahoo to skuttduck
Quote:
Originally Posted by cab2g View Post
OK, so I'm getting close to owning a Camaro now, and I really want to get all my ducks in a row. I know this is the WRONG time to start thinking about winter, but I am just tired of looking around. Tire Rack used to offer the Bridgstone Blizzak SUV tires in both 275 and 245 width, now they only offer 245 for some reason. So I was wondering, for all you experts. What is the list of ALL the brands that make winter tires that will fit on the stock 20" SS rims. I hear narrower is better for winter so I guess it's ok to list tires that are a little more narrow than stock as well. Links would be helpful as well!
Pirelli scorpion ice and snow.

I have the RS package on my 2LT and I used them last winter. In fact I drove the camaro when it was bad because of how good these tires were.

Oh and the winter tires are rated up to 150mph!!!!

So you could do some quick quarter miles with them if you wanted.
skuttduck is offline   Reply With Quote