Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 06-21-2008, 11:19 AM   #57
chevydude26

Drives: Future 2011 camaro convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by camero View Post
HEY!!! I'M the dumbass at GM that thought the SS bumper is better than the base bumper!!! (Well me and all the people that actually make the decisions.) It's practically the same except it's got a nice airdam instead of an overbite and the grill and lower lights are set wider creating the side bulges.

[/QUOTE]

I agree the front bumper is much better on the ss

that guy has weird taste

the car is damn near perfect i just have a question is there any way you can make the back of the production wider like the concept like this???

you guys have done a fantastic job
chevydude26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 11:22 AM   #58
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
I have no problems with this. None. I cannot find anything that I don't like about it. It is as close to the concept as we could ever have hoped.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
At first I thought the badges looked like more than just SS, but comparing to the SS badges from other Chevy models it looks correct. They have elongated S'es in the badges these days.

Look for yourself.
At first it looked like there were more than 2 letters, possibly 4. But after squinting at the SS badge there and comparing, I have to agree that this is the SS.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 11:28 AM   #59
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
I have no problems with this. None. I cannot find anything that I don't like about it. It is as close to the concept as we could ever have hoped.
At first it looked like there were more than 2 letters, possibly 4. But after squinting at the SS badge there and comparing, I have to agree that this is the SS.
For people having trouble, it helps to look at the last "S" and compare it to the inset photo I posted. When you see the second "S" become apparent in the camaro photo you can see the proportions of the first "S" because it's the same size. With that in mind, the first "S" is easier to make out.
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 11:32 AM   #60
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by aston70 View Post
Yeah, I read his post loud and clear, but these photos have been chopped with Photoshop 3.0 for some reason or another and I see what looks to be some blending around the so called SS badging.

I hear what you're screamin', and I'm not trying to discount the authenticity, but until I see a clearer shot, or get a reasonable explanation for the photoshopping, I'm calling shenanigans.
Photoshop 3.0? That's like decades old. Probably someone just used it to resize the images and that's why it looks blended.
Old 06-21-2008, 11:33 AM   #61
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihc95 View Post
SAWEET!!!!! Damn, theres that stupid front bumper again. Hope its an accessory. To me it doesn't look that aggressive at all. I want to know what dumbass at GM thought that bumper is better than the pre-pro bumper!!! Sorry, getting a bit frusturated.
I can't believe you would call the PEOPLE THAT DESIGNED AND BROUGHT US THIS CAMARO DUMBASSES. They are designing the car for the masses, not you. Personally, I like that front bumper a hell of a lot more than the other...looks so much more aggressive.

Use caution in complaints, please. You can speak your mind, but don't call the people that worked and slaved on this car dumbasses.

That not only gets on the nerves of others, but doesn't make you look to great either.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 11:36 AM   #62
chevydude26

Drives: Future 2011 camaro convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
I can't believe you would call the PEOPLE THAT DESIGNED AND BROUGHT US THIS CAMARO DUMBASSES. They are designing the car for the masses, not you. Personally, I like that front bumper a hell of a lot more than the other...looks so much more aggressive.

Use caution in complaints, please. You can speak your mind, but don't call the people that worked and slaved on this car dumbasses.

That not only gets on the nerves of others, but doesn't make you look to great either.
co-sign

you can't please everybody but the people designing this have done a tremendous job...gm has been doing a great job getting their concepts to look like the production vehicles...he solstice was damn near identical as well

new front bumper is better than pre-pro and reminds me of the concept more
chevydude26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 11:41 AM   #63
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Are there ANY more pics from this source, or did we only get the two?

Even more photos that look similar are from similar angles are useful. We can extract more resolution from multiple photos taken from the same angle.
Old 06-21-2008, 11:47 AM   #64
theholycow

Drives: '02 GMC Sierra, '80 Lesabre
I see a badge that is not proportional to the SS badge inlaid for comparison.
1980 Buick Lesabre family heirloom with 36,000 miles
2008 Volkswagen Rabbit 2 door I5-2.5 5spd DD lease
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
she really underestimates the damage i would do to her reproductive organs
http://allOffTopic.com is the place for all the naughty stuff you can't get away with on this forum...
theholycow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 11:50 AM   #65
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by aston70 View Post
As far as the photo shop version it has the 3.0 stamp in the file. I looked again and also saw a 4.0 stamp further down. So whatever version was actually used, the stamp is there.

I actually didn't spot the blending until I saw the pic you uploaded. I changed the contrast just a tad. Now do you see what I see? I see a bunch of little black circles surrounding the badge.

Please don't used the image I uploaded for analysis of the original. The one I used has been scaled and resaved with lossy compression so it's NOT representative of the original photo!!!!
Old 06-21-2008, 11:58 AM   #66
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by theholycow View Post
I see a badge that is not proportional to the SS badge inlaid for comparison.
I couldn't tell from your profile but by any chance do you work in your day job as an umpire?

All kidding aside, I think the badge says SS and it looks proportional to me. Remember the angles are not exactly the same and the lighting is not the same either. To me it does look correct, and apparently the person who took the images confirms what it is.

Everyone: the dots and circles around the badge are artifacts of the compression used on the image (possibly even in the camera source). All JPEG images have this. Look up JPEG artifacting to read more. There's plenty of other places where the artifacts show up and have no reason to be "retouched". Plus, someone doing a convincing 'chop would NEVER leave such an obvious mistake in the image. Ask anyone who works on these things.
Old 06-21-2008, 12:04 PM   #67
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

I was just comparing the images for size/shape of the badge, and not doing any enhancement or adjustment to check for retouching because I believed the images were real and was only trying to see if the badge speculation done by others was right or wrong. Sorry for the confusion.
Old 06-21-2008, 12:08 PM   #68
rcaponong

Drives: 2005 Mustang / 2007 Charger
Sweet!

I love it! Both angles look real nice.
rcaponong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 12:08 PM   #69
Jak

Drives: 03 Dodge Dakota
Am I missing something here? So far everyone else including me love the front bumper. And I for one would like to offer a round of applause to the GM design team, all of you did a fantastic jod on this car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihc95 View Post
SAWEET!!!!! Damn, theres that stupid front bumper again. Hope its an accessory. To me it doesn't look that aggressive at all. I want to know what dumbass at GM thought that bumper is better than the pre-pro bumper!!! Sorry, getting a bit frusturated.
Jak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 12:11 PM   #70
Congoman775

Drives: Muscle
you know...ill go with you guys on this... that is says SS. but i don't see it.

LETS SEE SOME INTERIOR!
Congoman775 is offline   Reply With Quote