Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-28-2010, 12:31 PM   #43
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
I'm gonna have to agree. There's making a buck, then there's asking for charity. $67 to spray some solution on your TB then wipe it off? That's a 10 minute process you can do yourself in your garage. There asking for charity, not a service.

I'm trying to put prime rib on the table every night. You guys can come over and I'll check your tire pressure for $50...ALL FOUR TIRES!!
Dude, if you wipe the brake dust of the wheels while your at it, then it's a deal. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by axis View Post
How is charging $67 for a TB cleaning being crooked? I'm sure it's booked at around 0.5-0.75 hrs at around $80/hr puts you at $40-$60. Add in their price for the GM approved cleaner for around $10 and you easily have your advertised price. As I stated before, you can easily do it yourself for the cost of some cheap carb cleaner but that price isn't way out there for a dealership. Not sure when the ticker starts but it could easily take that long to do since they have guidelines and procedures that they must follow. It's not up to you or I to tell them how to do their job or how long it should take to do something.

I'm not saying that some dealerships don't try to rip off their customers with unnecessary things but like everything else in life, you need to have an idea what you do and don't need. Do you always upsize your meals at your favorite fastfood restaurant? They recommend you do so why don't you? They also may recommend the apple pie, cheese sticks, etc. Do you just blindly say add it? The same goes for having your car worked on. They don't tell you that you HAVE to do this. They are just suggestions. As someone said, JUST SAY NO.
But what if you can't?/?

Name:  yes-man-picture[1].jpg
Views: 160
Size:  21.1 KB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevn86 View Post
I appreciate your help. but like I said I had brought it to the service advisors attention and the last time i was in i told him what had happened when i was in the time before and yet again he let it happen...both times they put the wrong oil and told me thats the only one they have, they also never checked/ added air to my tires nor did they refill my windshield washer fluid and i paid 40 bucks for an oil change...it just frustrates me...its not just about the oil change i also had brought my car in for warranty related issue and when i picked up my car it had 50 more miles on it and half a tank of gas less then when i dropped it off...
Damn my oil changes have been around 100.00 lol

It makes sense for the LT to be cheaper, but DAMN........

I'd definitely get to the bottom of it. What kind of warranty related issue was it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevn86 View Post
My dealership that i bought my car from keep putting the wrong oil in mine even though ive brought it to there attention twice...they keep putting 10W30 instead of 5W30...they dont add windshield washer fluid or add air to my tires...im switching dealers for my service needs...if they cant do something as simple as that i don't think i can trust them with any other service needs...it not just the oil issue they never seem to take my concerns seriously...probably cuz im 20 year old...
Did you taste the oil? How do you know what they are putting in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEEP RT View Post
18K and your changing pads? Are the defective? Compatition driving? Driving with foot on break? they may see it that if your willing to get new pads you may be willing to pay more than you should. Just my thoughts from reading.
I'm guessing he was having them put ceramic pads on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nards444 View Post
standard procedure for mechanics and such to do this. Politely say no and move on, is it really that big of a deal
No, it isn't. But I too have seen an older woman getting fed a line of bull. This was when buying a car and from a salesman. It was none of my business, and the car she was looking at was not a bad car, so I just minded my own. But it does make you sick to think.

In my business, I HATE to take advantage of anyones vulnerable state. We NEVER profit of of cancer victims. There are many studios around the countrly who do, but I just can't.

So it does irritate me when dealers do. BUT in the OP of this thread, there is no evidence that the dealer is over pressuring on the sale. So I'm kinda indiferent to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
In the State of Florida it's also illegal to take advantage of the elderly. The State will prosecute you for that, and you can and will get time or fine or both ...

Florida takes crimes against the elderly very seriously ...
This made me laugh for some reason.

It's a FANTASTIC law. My father always taught me respect for my elders. To a flawing degree in many cases. But I guess it's the Florida part that was funny .
Old 08-28-2010, 01:23 PM   #44
IROCTPI

Drives: 1987 IROC-Z 305 TPI 700R4
Quote:
Originally Posted by stryker755 View Post
Change your own oil. Problem solved.
x2

Me -14! year old guy -- My Girl -1987 IROC-Z 305TPI 700R4 modded
IROCTPI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 01:28 PM   #45
Dyk-NO
Trust me I'm a Scientist.

Drives: My wifey ;P
Well try to rip them off too, Everytime I go to my dealer to get my oil change. I always empty the windshield washer fluid and I always come home with it filled now I got some extra for my other car lol hahaha

Mods: RotoFab CAI, SW Headers, HiFlo Cats, Borla Atak Catback, Nightfury Cam, Ported Heads,Intake,TB, melling pump, Morosso Oil Separator.
Dyk-NO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 01:49 PM   #46
RipperFox
Grrr!!!

Drives: BLK/IOM '11 2SS/RS
Which dealer do you work at?
3. See rule #1
RipperFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 02:50 PM   #47
TooCool5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LS 3.6 LLT V6 325 HP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell James View Post
Tell them to read this bulletin, it basically says - quit being crooks and stick to only the maintence that is actually required. Your dealer falls under the category of - still a crook.

#04-06-01-029E: Unnecessary Flushing Services, Additive Recommendations and Proper Utilization of GM Simplified Maintenance Schedule to Enhance Customer Service Experience
Just use www.Toptiergas.com
Old 08-30-2010, 10:21 AM   #48
Rockin the BlueSS
The New Guy

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by KEEP RT View Post
18K and your changing pads? Are the defective? Compatition driving? Driving with foot on break? they may see it that if your willing to get new pads you may be willing to pay more than you should. Just my thoughts from reading.
my pads squeal a lot... i do a lot of stop and go freeway driving and it is really annoying to have to listen to my breaks on my car for an hour and a half... i have the weights on my caliper and this is going to be getting the break pads with the weights on them. i know this probably wont solve the problem, but if not at least i will have the weights taken off already so i can go with aftermarket pads...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
So it does irritate me when dealers do. BUT in the OP of this thread, there is no evidence that the dealer is over pressuring on the sale. So I'm kinda indiferent to it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by axis View Post
How is charging $67 for a TB cleaning being crooked? I'm sure it's booked at around 0.5-0.75 hrs at around $80/hr puts you at $40-$60. Add in their price for the GM approved cleaner for around $10 and you easily have your advertised price. As I stated before, you can easily do it yourself for the cost of some cheap carb cleaner but that price isn't way out there for a dealership. Not sure when the ticker starts but it could easily take that long to do since they have guidelines and procedures that they must follow. It's not up to you or I to tell them how to do their job or how long it should take to do something.

I'm not saying that some dealerships don't try to rip off their customers with unnecessary things but like everything else in life, you need to have an idea what you do and don't need. Do you always upsize your meals at your favorite fastfood restaurant? They recommend you do so why don't you? They also may recommend the apple pie, cheese sticks, etc. Do you just blindly say add it? The same goes for having your car worked on. They don't tell you that you HAVE to do this. They are just suggestions. As someone said, JUST SAY NO.
no they weren't pressuring on the sale but it was more on the fact that the car was in for an oil change, and only has 18K miles on it. there is no reason a car with that millage and that is running ok would need this maintenance done. there are a lot of people that take their cars top the dealerships to have work done instead of a separate lube-n-tune place because of the trust. My gf is one of these and she knows nothing about cars, so she takes it to the dealer... now if the dealer starts trying to sell bogus things to her she is going to say yes because it comes from a trusted source...

if the car was running rough, or i wasn't getting the millage i thought i was supposed to be getting i can see recommending these options... but not on a car that is just in for an oil change... But it may have just been the servise guy (the one i usually deal with wasn't in this day) because later in the day i had to argue with the guy that my vin A9153### = "built prior to VIN breakpoint A9172924" so he may have just been a tool...
Rockin the BlueSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 10:33 AM   #49
Russell James

Drives: '15 SS 1LE, '69 Z28 drag car
The whole problem stems from commissioned based Service Writers and Technicians.

Because their paychecks increase based on selling you crap you don't need, they will try to sell you crap you don't need. Fk'n criminals.

A quality dealer will set up pay plans that reward customer satisfaction and profit from the repeat sales, instead of raping a customer once that will never shop there again.

When you come across shady ass tactics like this, call them out. Tell that thief that is the last car, part, or service you will ever purchase there. As will your 10 friends and their 10 friends. Word of mouth is a bitch.
Russell James is offline   Reply With Quote