Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 08-24-2011, 07:26 PM   #1
AUS10BMX

Drives: 2010
Heres the plan... Help needed.

Heres my set up now:

Stock Boston AMP
******** X3 Harness
Phosgate Amp
Kicker 12" L7 Sub

New plan:

I want to replace the Boston AMP with something stronger for the rest of the car. I also want to replace the door speakers, and tweeters. The 6x9 I am fine with, since they are turned down some since I have the Kicker sub.

I've noticed the JL xd400 4 amp fits the stock location.
Also saw the JL C5-650 that come with tweeters as well.

Trying to figure out how this is going to work. Messaged Steve at ******** to see if he still has the harnesses that work for the Amp swap out, although I saw in another thread they are out of something, but not sure if thats the harness.

Should I just get some higher quality door speakers, and not even bother with a amp at the moment?

Just trying to figure out if all this will work, and for those who have gone aftermarket if you got the speaker harnesses to connect to the door speakers, and if you got the MDF speaker adapters as well.

Thanks for any input and advice.

I was able to hold my door speakers in hand today, and I gotta get rid of these paper speakers, just looking for something with higher quality and sound.
AUS10BMX is offline   Reply With Quote