Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-26-2011, 11:00 PM   #1
Chaotic73
BUMBLLB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS
Black Chrome Tips

I currently have the Flowmaster A/T axle back kit and I've been looking for some black chrome exhaust tips to replace the ones that came with it but can't seem to find any. If anyone has some or can recommend where to get some I would appreciate it. Thanks.
Chaotic73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 11:19 PM   #2
chicagobulls
one car wolfpack

Drives: 2010 Camaro V6
ebay?

they actually have alot of them
chicagobulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 06:42 AM   #3
OrangeFury
Camaros Of Northwest Ohio

Drives: 2010 IOM 1LT, 1974 Corvette
Never seen this on a 5th gen...don't know if I would like the look or not.
OrangeFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 09:24 AM   #4
chozn4service

Drives: 2016 SS w/2SS A8 Blue Velvet
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeFury View Post
Never seen this on a 5th gen...don't know if I would like the look or not.

Have to agree with you on this one Fury. Something about that silver or polished look coming out from that black rear valance does something for the look, the bigger the better. I too have the flowmaster exhaust and I were to do anything it would be to keep the same diameter of the tips but find some that aren't rolled like the Flowmaster tips but thin walled like stock so I don't have to keep wiping those puppies out from the moisture smut that comes out. These cars emit a lot of water vapor out the exhaust which is common. I love the tips I have now but I'm somewhat OCD and find myself wiping them out all the time. If they were then lined like stock in it would be a non-issue, same with black.
Attached Images

Old 02-27-2011, 02:01 PM   #5
OrangeFury
Camaros Of Northwest Ohio

Drives: 2010 IOM 1LT, 1974 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by chozn4service View Post
Have to agree with you on this one Fury. Something about that silver or polished look coming out from that black rear valance does something for the look, the bigger the better. I too have the flowmaster exhaust and I were to do anything it would be to keep the same diameter of the tips but find some that aren't rolled like the Flowmaster tips but thin walled like stock so I don't have to keep wiping those puppies out from the moisture smut that comes out. These cars emit a lot of water vapor out the exhaust which is common. I love the tips I have now but I'm somewhat OCD and find myself wiping them out all the time. If they were then lined like stock in it would be a non-issue, same with black.

I'm really glad you replied...I have the Flowmaster AT, as well, and absolutely love the look of the 4in rolled tips, too.

I also consider myself to go a little overboard on trying to keep them clean. Wondering what you use to clean the soit that deposits around the lip? I always wipe everything out w/ a clean rag because I'm not sure what product to use and didn't want to risk damaging the finish.
OrangeFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 07:41 PM   #6
chozn4service

Drives: 2016 SS w/2SS A8 Blue Velvet
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeFury View Post
I'm really glad you replied...I have the Flowmaster AT, as well, and absolutely love the look of the 4in rolled tips, too.

I also consider myself to go a little overboard on trying to keep them clean. Wondering what you use to clean the soit that deposits around the lip? I always wipe everything out w/ a clean rag because I'm not sure what product to use and didn't want to risk damaging the finish.
I don't think you can ruin the finish on the tips. I've waxed them and put all kind of stuff on them. Currently I've been using never dull and Mother's Mag & Aluminm Polish which is good for all metals and it cleans and protects.
Old 02-27-2011, 09:12 PM   #7
J.L.TYCHE
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: 2011 Corvette
How about these thin wall tips
Attached Images

J.L.TYCHE is offline   Reply With Quote