Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 01-03-2016, 11:38 AM   #1
High Magnitude

Drives: 2014 2LT Camaro
Changing to the halos

Hey guys,

Can someone help me on telling me how hard it is to change the lights on the V6 non rs DRLs to the halos on the RS/SS? My autobody shop said it was risky to do but I really want the halos.
Old 01-03-2016, 12:29 PM   #2
Low Saturn

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Nothing risky or difficult about it. Buy the headlamps and the appropriate harness from Gen5DIY.

http://www.gen5diy.com/Chevrolet/Cam...s/nonRS_to_RS/
Old 01-03-2016, 01:53 PM   #3
anth331

Drives: 12SS
anth331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 06:46 PM   #4
High Magnitude

This is what he said "Sorry man is not recommended I can hook u up with someone that can do it but I don't think good idea to crack open lamp assemblies if they leak u have issues if halo stop working ull have more issues if they come lose more issues etc."
Old 01-04-2016, 11:27 AM   #5
High Magnitude

Changing to halos

Can someone help me on telling me how hard it is to change the lights on the V6 non rs DRLs to the halos on the RS/SS? My autobody shop said it was risky to do but I really want the halos.

This is his quote: This is what he said "Sorry man is not recommended I can hook u up with someone that can do it but I don't think good idea to crack open lamp assemblies if they leak u have issues if halo stop working ull have more issues if they come lose more issues etc."
Old 01-04-2016, 11:37 AM   #6
Kcchiefscraig

Drives: 2010 LT synergy green
I just did mine on the 2010 V6 non RS. My opinion the best way to do the conversion just order a harness from Gen5diy and find a set of Used headlights. The H ID upgrade was as rewarding as the halos. Then if you want the color shifting halos look up night owl LEDs
Mods so far Monster Clutch,first ever! Hurst shifter, RS Headlights with halo always on harness, Heritage Grill, Cold Air Inductions CAI, 20% tint, RX catch can, RX clean side seperator, Vmax Iceolator. BBK long tube headers, high flow cats, Magnaflow exhaust, gill stripes, GTO Clutch resevoir, plastic dip wheels emblems.
Kcchiefscraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 12:26 PM   #7
Spec
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS LS3
I just purchased a set of Eagle Eyes from Phastekperformance.com (for Non-RS) that look just outstanding... they use the standard bulbs (I'm wearing LED's), and the Halo's will be wired to my fog lights (not done yet - waiting on a harness).

How hard were they to install? You need to remove the bumper... took me about an hour to remove, 15 minutes to remove old lights, 15 minutes to install new, about 30 minutes to install my new bumper. Not hard - I did all the work myself (I would consider myself an intermediate mechanic).

As you can see from the below pic - they're not wired up yet... but I expect the Halo's to look good also. Also, the below pic does not show the lights adjusted yet... they're beautifully bright at night.

Here's the link to where I got them for a very reasonable $380.

http://www.phastekperformance.com/20...-headlight.htm
Attached Images

Last edited by Spec; 01-04-2016 at 12:43 PM.
Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 06:00 PM   #8
jeff657756

Drives: 2014 SS 1LE
I would just buy a set of oem headlights and a harness and be done.
jeff657756 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 06:23 PM   #9
Kcchiefscraig

Here is mine

Some pics not the best but they do look nice!
Attached Images

Mods so far Monster Clutch,first ever! Hurst shifter, RS Headlights with halo always on harness, Heritage Grill, Cold Air Inductions CAI, 20% tint, RX catch can, RX clean side seperator, Vmax Iceolator. BBK long tube headers, high flow cats, Magnaflow exhaust, gill stripes, GTO Clutch resevoir, plastic dip wheels emblems.
Old 01-04-2016, 06:27 PM   #10
Kcchiefscraig

1 more pic

Last one here
Attached Images

Tags
halo, light