Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 04-05-2012, 07:53 AM   #743
Monte Mac

Drives: 13 1LE, 17 Sierra, 84 MonteSS,
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
keep in mind - the SS comes with Brembo Brakes - 6 piston Brembo Brakes!

You can buy the ZL1 brakes thru the Chevrolet Performance Catalog.

We wanted to keep the price reasonable - and further, we must keep build complexity down - it improves quality AND it saves money so that the cost of the car to you is lower.
Is that a typo sir or are the SS's getting upgraded from the 4 piston calipers to 6?
Monte Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 10:03 AM   #744
aztrey
Trey

Drives: Corvette
Exciting changes. However, I wish there was some type of HP increase over a stock SS (like the boss 302).
aztrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 03:52 PM   #745
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by aztrey View Post
Exciting changes. However, I wish there was some type of HP increase over a stock SS (like the boss 302).
The Boss is less a power increase and more a power shuffle. Investigate!
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 03:55 PM   #746
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Does anyone have the price handy for the switch to the 6 piston/2piece rotor fronts?

Thanks
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 03:57 PM   #747
LoneCynic

Drives: 2015 BVM 1SS/1LE
I am becoming very interested in the 1LE. I believe a 1SS + 1LE + Heritage Grill would be my checked options. I don't need all the 2SS, RS, interior luxuries or ground effects kits or anything further. Just style + performance + affordability, and I think Fbodfather and the Camaro team listened to customers like me. I am seriously considering the 1SS 1LE as a potential future purchase, and furthermore, as a second Camaro at that. I still really like my 1LS, and don't think I'd want to part with it as a trade in. Just saving all I can now in advance to have a down payment ready when the time comes.
LoneCynic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 04:38 PM   #748
bobby35ny

Drives: 18 ZL1 A10
I really think they should have the black hood delete option.
I think more 2010 guys would upgrade at this point. I would SO sell my 2010 SS for the 1LE. I'm old school, Camaros need rally stripes..
-bobby
Old 04-05-2012, 05:13 PM   #749
cbass

Drives: .
Quote:
I really think they should have the black hood delete option.
I second that. The black hood delete option and an option to delete the suede parts. I don't think I can live with the suede. I also think an option for non-black ZL1 wheels. I personally love the black wheels and that's what I would go with, but I know others aren't as enthusiastic.

But please let me get rid of the suede like the ZL1 owners have an option:

This I don't like:

This I like:

Please do the same with the 1LE as with the ZL1:

Quote:
Apparently, some aren’t fans of the suede-wrapped steering wheel and shifter of the recently-debuted Chevy Camaro ZL1. Since the ever-anticipated debut, multiple GM Authority patrons have written in to express original intentions to purchase the ZL1 upon its availability, but — having taken notice of the suede treatment — have changed their mind. The complaints have ranged from a general dislike of the way suede feels in the hand, previous allergic reactions to the material, as well as negative previous experiences with suede parts experiencing premature wear and tear.

The good news, however, is that the suede treatment will be optional on the ZL1.
cbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 05:25 PM   #750
Monte Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbass View Post
I second that. The black hood delete option and an option to delete the suede parts. I don't think I can live with the suede. I also think an option for non-black ZL1 wheels. I personally love the black wheels and that's what I would go with, but I know others aren't as enthusiastic.

This I don't like:

This I like:

I 100% agree with you sir. I prefer the smooth leather to the suede as well. I too am hoping to have a black hood delete option, which as long as the hood is painted and not simply e-coated and then wrapped I don't see an issue with this, should be one less step in its assembly.
Old 04-05-2012, 05:27 PM   #751
Monte Mac

Oh, I forgot to mention the wheels. Personally, I hate black wheels, I like them silver or even a metallic gray color but black ain't my bag baby. So it would be great to see an option for color or even the upgraded wheels offered on the ZL1, unfortunately those have ZL1 machined into them :/
Old 04-05-2012, 05:28 PM   #752
bobby35ny

Drives: 18 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbass View Post

This I don't like:

This I like:

Agreed!!

Better yet, 1SS or 2SS with 1LE as one option and then 1LE appearance option.

-bobby

Last edited by bobby35ny; 04-05-2012 at 05:29 PM. Reason: spelling
bobby35ny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 08:30 PM   #753
USMC Anti Venom

Drives: Soon to be ZL1
I saw the new Blue Ray Metallic color for the '13 models. I think it would go great with the black hood and stripes. Already saving up my money to put down for a 2SS 1LE. Just can't wait to build and price it.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:22 PM   #754
BustedCrank

Drives: Broken
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
keep in mind - the SS comes with Brembo Brakes - 6 piston Brembo Brakes!

You can buy the ZL1 brakes thru the Chevrolet Performance Catalog.

We wanted to keep the price reasonable - and further, we must keep build complexity down - it improves quality AND it saves money so that the cost of the car to you is lower.
Oh, well apparently I have some checking to do, I thought the SS has 4 piston brakes this whole time.
I appreciate your time to respond (to this and many other things in the past and future). I understand its a cost thing, we all just want the best for our beloved camaros
BustedCrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 09:29 PM   #755
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by BustedCrank View Post
Oh, well apparently I have some checking to do, I thought the SS has 4 piston brakes this whole time.
I appreciate your time to respond (to this and many other things in the past and future). I understand its a cost thing, we all just want the best for our beloved camaros
It does - they are 4-piston Brembo brake calipers.
Old 04-06-2012, 10:06 AM   #756
AlexM

Drives: Used to be 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
I see lots of people dislike the black wheels... I absolutely love them and not just on Camaros. I will buy a set from an unhappy owner for a good price, hahaha

The infotainment system will be an absolute hit! Much needed in a top performance car, these days.
AlexM is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1le, 1le camaro, 1le forum, camaro 1le, camaro 1le forum, camaro performance package, camaro track pack, camaro track package, where's our z/28?