Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-23-2008, 10:23 PM   #113
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
oh well lets drop it all. doesn't matter if chrysler has been sold twice or is on thin ice worse then ford or GM. all that matters is the camaro isn't failing because of quality. . .it's going to succeed.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 10:26 PM   #114
playhard67
come to poppa

Drives: 67RS,09 Harley FLHX
If you want a Family car...shoulda looked at a Malibu

2008 North American Car of the Year
http://wilsonniblett.wordpress.com/2...r-of-the-year/

AND MANY MORE:

http://www.chevrolet.com/2008malibu/comparison/awards/

Cancelled the 2010 SS/RS (for now) and bought this instead (2009 Harley FLHX)
playhard67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 11:04 PM   #115
longfreaknhair

Drives: 4 wheels and a engine
I have said sorry once so I will not say it again. While I did say I think my Charger will hold up better over time that comment was based a a number of things. Doesnt matter if you believe them or not. In the end it was my money I spent and I think I spent it wisely. Not your cross to bare. I did say GM products suck and that was based on my exp. I have been fortunate to have had a great many cars and trucks. Despite some of my exp I continued to not close doors on auto brands. I now have closed one door and that being anything thats not domestic. That I did 6 yrs ago. Even after all my exp with GM products I came to this board to research. It was only by accident that I found the article that started all of this. A article that I never agreed with.
In the end as I said I am considering trading my Charger for a Camaro. It will depend on a number of things of course. Funny, no one said trade the charger. Insted of trying to sell me on the Camaro you just defended a product I havent had much luck with.
I am sorry for calling you all *******. Uncalled for. Usually I know when I am going to piss someone off. This time I did it and it was never my intention.
longfreaknhair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 11:25 PM   #116
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by longfreaknhair View Post
I have said sorry once so I will not say it again. While I did say I think my Charger will hold up better over time that comment was based a a number of things. Doesnt matter if you believe them or not. In the end it was my money I spent and I think I spent it wisely. Not your cross to bare. I did say GM products suck and that was based on my exp. I have been fortunate to have had a great many cars and trucks. Despite some of my exp I continued to not close doors on auto brands. I now have closed one door and that being anything thats not domestic. That I did 6 yrs ago. Even after all my exp with GM products I came to this board to research. It was only by accident that I found the article that started all of this. A article that I never agreed with.
In the end as I said I am considering trading my Charger for a Camaro. It will depend on a number of things of course. Funny, no one said trade the charger. Insted of trying to sell me on the Camaro you just defended a product I havent had much luck with.
I am sorry for calling you all pussies. Uncalled for. Usually I know when I am going to piss someone off. This time I did it and it was never my intention.

hey I wasn't attacking you. I was just trying to explain how your first posts made you come off like a trouble maker, and if you didn't want that stigma to start focusing on other things. and we understand your experiences and opinions. we just might not share them. you're entitled to them like I said and others have said. it's just the way you stated them it came off pretty bad. sorry you viewed it as attacking, just not how I meant it.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 01:06 AM   #117
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Ok...hopefully we're done now.

Longfreaknhair, please, by all means, read up on the Camaro. Better yet, when it comes out, go take one for a test drive and see what you think. I think you will be quite suprised.

BUT...like dayvedayve said, the Camaro IS a two door....not necessarily a family type of automobile. Sporty? Hell yeah...and you could even put a couple kids in the back for a drive w/ mom. But, the kiddoes are getting bigger.

I'm not going to sit here and defend the Camaro when you said yourself that you are a family man and are looking for something that would better suit your needs. If you want something that is going to be sporty, BUT suit your everyday driving....dude....look into a G8 GT....or heck, even a G8 GXP when they come out (if ya got the projected 40k).

Let me welcome you to the site. We like having new members. We don't necessarily take too well to people calling GM crap, etc. GM HAS come a long way...and are willing to back all of their vehicles by offering the 5 year 100,000 mile powertrain warranty to prove it. Sure, you are entitled to what you think since you had poor luck w/ your Firebird. But, if all your experiences were negative....

Feel free to respectfully discuss the Camaro...and the differences from vehicle to vehicle. Please show some respect to the die hard GM fans we have on this site. And.....OTHERS....please show some respect to the new member by politely explaining/discussing that members different opinions. There's certain ways to communicate and from what I read in the past 2 pages, we're not on the right track.

No provoking or antagonizing...and...
Last, but not least....NO NAME CALLING.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 01:12 AM   #118
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
Well I never made any comment on 2 door versus 4 door. I do think it is hard to drive a family around in a coupe, but if this guy can pull it off, more power to him. Hopefully he can let us know how its done.

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
shining at the end of every day
Just a dream away
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 01:36 AM   #119
joes3rdcamaro82/91/2010
Z28 Hold Out!

Drives: 2000 Monte Carlo SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by longfreaknhair View Post
The GTO failed because while it took the name it took nothing else from the once great car. I for one just bought a brand new Dodge Charger. I traded in my 2002 convertible Firebird for it. I love my Charger but after looking at the new Camaro I am considering trading my Charger in. While I do love the look of the new Camaro I know the Dodge is a better product. The Camaro is after all a GM product. A test drive and more research will be needed.
Haha, wow, I would rather buy a Kia over a Dodge product.
joes3rdcamaro82/91/2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 02:31 AM   #120
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by stovt001 View Post
Well I never made any comment on 2 door versus 4 door. I do think it is hard to drive a family around in a coupe, but if this guy can pull it off, more power to him. Hopefully he can let us know how its done.
Oops...fixed the name.

AND...we just hauled around the family in my SS for the past 3 days while our...
Quote:
Originally Posted by joes3rdcamaro82/91/2010 View Post
Haha, wow, I would rather buy a Kia over a Dodge product.
KIA was in the shop getting maintenance done and a recall part fixed. So...referencing a Kia product here, are we? Because I'D also rather buy a Kia over a Dodge......oh wait, .....I did!!! And I LOVE my Sorento! Best bang for the buck out there and damn good quality too.

Yeppers....hauling around the family in the SS can be done. We did it just fine, but the getting in and out SUCKED. Also, we went to the store to buy a few things. Man, I shoulda taken out that speaker box.....Whew!!! Barely enough room.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 07:29 AM   #121
longfreaknhair

Drives: 4 wheels and a engine
LMAO. Im glad you enjoy your KIA. They have that one model out that the grill kind of resembles a Jag. Good way to fool the folk in the trailer park.
Old 08-24-2008, 07:36 AM   #122
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Kia, oh my, do I have stories about them... Just say I have several friends and believe me it is a good thing they have that 10 year warrenty, they have needed it.... I hope nobody gets involved in an accident in one either, think about it, with the price of repairs it will not take much damage on one to total it out.. One of my friends had one of the sedans, i don't even know which one, but it was 2 years old, has a accident that did $4500 in damage... Wasn't his fault, and the other insurance company said his was totaled because the wholesale value was $4,000.00 Just remember when a car starts out as a cheap car it stays a cheap car.......
sorry for the off topic Back to your regularly scheduled program.....
Old 08-24-2008, 08:10 AM   #123
Hassena91

Drives: 1993 Vw Golf Mk.III xD
It's clearly the guy, that wrote the article is a mustang fan, he didn't say anything than good about the mustang, and mock the camaro in the same time. That guy is talking from a mustang point of view, it doesn't need 2 to agree on that
Old 08-24-2008, 08:38 AM   #124
dayvedayve

Drives: 2006 Chevy Avalanche
KIA

Wel let me first start by saying ..... Oh wait you said no name calling. Nevermind
dayvedayve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 10:43 AM   #125
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
^or antagonizing....

GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 02:50 PM   #126
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
When I was working camp security in Mexico, we were bored one day, built an autocross course in the empty dirt parking lot, and ran our rental Kia Sedona through it. Sadly the stability control kicked in pretty early (forgiven, as it was a minivan and so that's probably a good thing in most circumstances) but it still held its own pretty well. to Kia and Hyundai. They've made good progress recently.

Sorry

shining at the end of every day
Just a dream away
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote