Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 04-08-2012, 09:16 PM   #1
bpa88

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
Broken headlight harness clip

Hope everyones doing well, I got a bit of a problem so maybe someone can help. I have a 2010 camaro LS with halogen bulbs..
Tonight I had my drivers side headlight go out, so i went to autozone picked up a dual pack of new ultrabright bulbs and proceeded home to install them. Unclipped the passenger side no problem installed the new bulb re-clipped the harness and moved on to the drivers side. To my surprise when i went pull the read tab back, and grabbed the green harness it slid right off. I thought this was alittle odd, since the passenger side took some muscle to get off. I looked inside the green harness that connects to the back of the bulb, and the little green tab/clip that secures the harness to the bulb is broken off. I turned the bulb and pulled it out and it was a replacement bulb, so the previous owner apparently replaced this bulb before and broke the clip. I have not had any problems with light flickering or high/low beams going out, but im pretty ocd about things and its been bothering me now that I discovered this. I got some black electrical tape and make a loop to put around the remaining plastic inside the harness and slid it onto the back of the bulb, it seems to be holding it into place pretty well at the moment, but i was wondering if i took a trip to the dealership would it be an easy fix if they could replace the green harness or a hard one, having to order a whole new harness and wire setup to go with it...I dont forsee any problems arising unless the harness begins to loosen, but its been fine so far. Any help would be appreciated! thanks
Old 04-08-2012, 11:35 PM   #2
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
A new headlight harness is $270 if that makes you happy go for it, if not you want this.

Then you cut the wires at the end and solder this in place and its only $5
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 04:33 AM   #3
Worgnakh
Banned

Drives: 2011 Camaro V6 1LT
Clips also broken on mine

Is it possible the engine heat is causing them to harden over time?
Worgnakh is offline   Reply With Quote