Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-23-2010, 10:56 PM   #29
scrapn4me

Drives: 2004 Monte Carlo SS
we had this happen to our car while my wife was out at lunch. Dingmaster came to our house and got out all 60 or so dings.

1100, Preliminary order accepted - 11/09/09
2500, Order accepted by GM 11/25/09
3000, Order scheduled for production - 1/11/2010
3300, Order broadcast 12/17/09
3400, Order broadcast - 12/23/09
Found same car on dealers lot 12-30-09 without factory stripes
stripes painted on "69" style 1-11-10
scrapn4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 10:59 PM   #30
Sax1031

Drives: 2000 Mustang GT
That sucks man. :(
Sax1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 06:12 AM   #31
007s 'Vert
Formerly Lil'BlueCoupe

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Vert, Summit White
What I dont understand is you say you have a garage and you dont keep your car in it? I for one by default would have had the Camaro in that garage.......but that's just me
Old 08-24-2010, 07:28 AM   #32
Goalie2827

Drives: Synergy Green Edition
hail really sucks, similar thing happend to me the 2nd weekend i had the car in PA. you can see the size of the hail in the pic, i thought my car was done for but surprisingly no damage.
Attached Images

Goalie2827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 07:35 AM   #33
jmcbeth
THR 2SS/RS Supercharged

Drives: 1st and 5th Gen Camaros
John Shields,

We are still waiting to hear how you fared in the storm. Is the car damaged?

Hoping it's OK...
jmcbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 07:48 AM   #34
Memphis SS

Drives: 2017 SS A8 Hyper Blue/White Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperTomcat View Post
Dont be shocked if your insurance company raises hell with you for storing it exposed.

My wife worked for State Farm for 25 years in claims and is now with Liberty Mutual
I've never heard of an insurance company requiring you to keep your car in a garage when you are home to cover claims unless you are listed under a special policy like a classic car (which a new Camaro would not be).
Old 08-24-2010, 07:54 AM   #35
Memphis SS

Drives: 2017 SS A8 Hyper Blue/White Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Shields View Post
So I got home and went to sleep this morning at about 11:30am or so. It's now 3:20pm. I worked a whole night last night, extra hours this morning, and work tonight. So needless to say I am/was tired.

Anyway, I woke up to screaming today. I heard a noise and I was so groggy that I couldn't figure out what it was. There was some beating on my bedroom window that got louder and louder as I came around. But eventually I snapped out of it and hauled out of the bedroom, grabbed my keys, and rushed outside.

I don't know if it my brain screaming at me or if I actually heard my car crying out for help, but it was being pelted by millions of tiny ice balls (hail) and laying helplessly in the driveway. I quickly jumped in, drove down the block, and parked under a large tree.

As the storm let up, I drove the car back with my head down, and sick to my stomach imagining what damage might await me. It's still raining so I wont be able to get a look at it just yet. But I imagine I'm looking at a few hundred tiny craters all over the car.

Any ideas on what I might do to repair this? I for one plan on cleaning out the garage THIS WEEK to fit this car in there so this never happens again. I felt like curling up in the yard and doing this

I know that feeling all too well. I got caught out in a hail storm in my old Tahoe, several dents in the hood. We have a company here in Memphis called Dents-A-Way. They remove door dings and hail damage by using special tools and going behind the door panels working the dents out. This system requires no painting. My Tahoe was perfect when I got it back, only took them a day. You might look for a company in your area that does this type work.
Old 08-24-2010, 08:50 AM   #36
John Shields
"Back in Black"

Drives: '10 1LT/RS Black w/Silver Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011DropTop View Post
What I dont understand is you say you have a garage and you dont keep your car in it? I for one by default would have had the Camaro in that garage.......but that's just me
Too much crap in there to park it. I'm cleaning it out this week (weather permitting which it's already shown itself to be a PAIN IN THE A).

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcbeth View Post
John Shields,

We are still waiting to hear how you fared in the storm. Is the car damaged?

Hoping it's OK...
I'm waiting too. It rained last night until I got to work, and rained again this morning as I was leaving. So, I need to wait until the sun comes out, get out there and wash the dirt off, dry it, and then inspect. Should have some news for you in the afternoon (hopefully good). Just passing my hand over it in a number of places seemed ok. But it's near impossible to catch the right angle and see for sure. The sunshine will tell me.

To the Jerkoff in SW Denver Driving the Black Camaro:
Quit making us look bad by driving like a tool and cutting people off (my wife included)!
John Shields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 08:57 AM   #37
topgun1

Drives: 10 SIM 2SS/RS LS3
phew! lucky the tree didn't fall on the car. I imagine it was a pretty signficant storm with the presence of marble-size hail. got high winds and lightning too. Parking under a tree in a storm??

good luck if you have to make repairs. I am lucky I have a carport. but next house will definitely have a garage.
VMS Stage 2.5 Comp Cams kit, Cold Air Inductions intake, ADM race scoop, DT 1 3/4" headers, Solo cats, 3" Magnaflow catback, Pypes cutouts, HP tune, H&R SuperSport springs, Eibach sways/spacers, TexasSpeed UD pulley, LSR tensioner pulley, Barton shifter, skip shift eliminator, powder-coated calipers, R1 concept rotors, StopTech pads, Granatelli wires, Lloyds mats, tint, AAC afterburner taillamps, AAC scanner/sidemarkers, SRP pedals, custom engine cover, black bowties, Ridergraphix hood spears....
topgun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 09:12 AM   #38
eric n
US muscle car lover!

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 6m, brembos
John,
I'm so sorry. Hopefully it isn't bad. I'm sure you insurance will cover it if it turns out to be catastrophic. Keep us posted, hopefully you won't need the services of Tony Stark!
eric n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 01:35 PM   #39
racer515

Drives: Various
Paintless dent repair. This happens all the time in Texas, except the hail ususally isn't as small as you stated. Good luck.
racer515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 02:59 PM   #40
007s 'Vert
Formerly Lil'BlueCoupe

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Vert, Summit White
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Shields View Post
Too much crap in there to park it. I'm cleaning it out this week (weather permitting which it's already shown itself to be a PAIN IN THE A)..
It's all good, I was just pushin your buttons, I will for sure have all my crap out of my garage because I will be selling it all to help out with the purchase of my new Camaro,
I still have some stuff in there that is left over from working on my 68 that I sold about five months ago, now tha tmost of the stuff is gone I am working on getting it totally set up for my new baby. this garage I have is fairly hail proof, in fact I will most likely use it for an emergency shelter in the event of a tornado, this thing is built stout.
Old 09-21-2010, 08:46 PM   #41
IBMCamaro

Drives: 2010 2LT RS IBM Camaro
I know this is an old post..... but my Maro just got five dents in it from hail today. That dry ice thing I heard is bad because it pops it back in place and years later the paint cracks. Anyone here of this also. I'm just sick...
IBMCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
damage, hail