Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 03-03-2009, 01:21 PM   #1
scotchsride09
It's STARSCREAM!!!

Drives: 2003 Nissan Frontier S/C DR
Time for GM to update "official" docs?

Or am I just missing something?

I know since the order workbooks were um, "shared" that a lot of stuff has changed with what actually comes with which trim levels-- the blues being available on the SS, for example. But the workbooks still reflect the prior availabilities of several things that changed. I can't remember everything that can and can't happen on different trim levels, and to be fair I'm not sure if everything I read was true or not. So isn't it time for GM to update these docs? Or have they already, and we just don't know? Or have they already, and everyone else knows except me? (Completely likely.)

It's coming time for me to order and I want to make sure I have all the info possible to make the smartest decisions, and right now I don't. If there is a more updated version of these docs, can someone point me to them? Thanks

Right now it's an '03 Nissan Frontier Supercharged Desert Runner I call Starscream.

On order is a 1SS/ RS IBM with Black Rally Stripes, Beige Interior, manual transmission and a sunroof! Oh, and a stereo upgrade too! Ordered from CamaroScotty in WI. How will I get my baby home?
scotchsride09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 01:24 PM   #2
Miamimatt

Drives: 2 LT RS
Send a message via Yahoo to Miamimatt
Not only this, but the family discount and employee pricing hasnt changed in a while. GM hello anybody out there? use some of that bailoout money to update your info!!
Miamimatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 01:33 PM   #3
fixxer56
Thin Blue Line

Drives: ABM 2LT/RS #10094
Send a message via AIM to fixxer56
How about updating the website at least? Oh, and how about a Camaro builder like other GM sites have so you can see what you are ordering. Color, add ons, stripe options etc? Common GM..
Old 03-03-2009, 01:35 PM   #4
RPO_Z28

Drives: 2007 C6Z
When you go to your dealer to order, they have all of the latest updates within their ordering system.
Old 03-03-2009, 01:41 PM   #5
fixxer56
Thin Blue Line

Drives: ABM 2LT/RS #10094
Send a message via AIM to fixxer56
I understand that and I ordered on 10/13..... I want to see all options available at production start. I think many do.... Things have changed since October
Old 03-03-2009, 02:34 PM   #6
RPO_Z28

Drives: 2007 C6Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxer56 View Post
I understand that and I ordered on 10/13..... I want to see all options available at production start. I think many do.... Things have changed since October

Can't your dealer sit down with you and go over all of the current offerings?
Old 03-03-2009, 02:37 PM   #7
Edrock

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS LS3
I think it is high time we see some official dealer pricing on the performance options. The GMPP website is cool and all but does not contain "official" dealer pricing.
Old 03-03-2009, 02:44 PM   #8
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edrock View Post
I think it is high time we see some official dealer pricing on the performance options. The GMPP website is cool and all but does not contain "official" dealer pricing.
Not to be a prick but isn't that your job to get the information from your dealer? I'm sure I could get it from mine but does it really matter? $500 or $1000 bucks in either direction isn't going to stop me from buying the car.
Old 03-03-2009, 02:53 PM   #9
Amelia98
Honorary Female Member =)

Drives: Camaro and a PT Cruiser
From what I understand the official launch of the Camaro isn't until May 5 or 6th. This is when you will see the marketing and dealerships making the big push. I have a feeling an avalanche of information will be available the official day of production March 16th. hold your horses boys. It's only a few days away! Hell, I have my order number through GM and I am waiting on a VIN. I was told I will take possession of the car "in a few weeks" and I don't even have a final price yet with all of the accessories I have ordered!

VROOM VROOM
Amelia98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 02:53 PM   #10
Edrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by trm0002 View Post
Not to be a prick but isn't that your job to get the information from your dealer? I'm sure I could get it from mine but does it really matter? $500 or $1000 bucks in either direction isn't going to stop me from buying the car.
You're not being a prick. A good question. Answer: I have checked with my dealer several times and, so far, have been told that official pricing has not been released yet. Was also told that the GMPP site was not necessarily the official pricing either but could be used for ball-parking. March 16th is only 12 days away and you'd think they'd have a better handle on performance option pricing by now. Guess that was the point I was making.
Old 03-03-2009, 02:55 PM   #11
Edrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amelia98 View Post
From what I understand the official launch of the Camaro isn't until May 5 or 6th. This is when you will see the marketing and dealerships making the big push. I have a feeling an avalanche of information will be available the official day of production March 16th. hold your horses boys. It's only a few days away! Hell, I have my order number through GM and I am waiting on a VIN. I was told I will take possession of the car "in a few weeks" and I don't even have a final price yet with all of the accessories I have ordered!
Yeah, you're right. Just getting a little excited, that's all. I'll just sit back down and be real still. Too much Dr. Pepper...
Old 03-03-2009, 03:00 PM   #12
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edrock View Post
You're not being a prick. A good question. Answer: I have checked with my dealer several times and, so far, have been told that official pricing has not been released yet. Was also told that the GMPP site was not necessarily the official pricing either but could be used for ball-parking. March 16th is only 12 days away and you'd think they'd have a better handle on performance option pricing by now. Guess that was the point I was making.
I will say this: You can build and price on GM.ca so there's no reason you shouldn't be able to do the same at Chevy.com other than they haven't got around to updating the website IMO. It wouldn't be to the penny, but you could go there, build the vehicle and take 29.36% off the price based on the current exchange rate maybe