Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 03-10-2013, 09:23 PM   #1
Bradrulz

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT IOM
Hardwire Valentine One question.

I was trying to hardwire my valentine one to the overhead console. I was using the oem valentine one wire with inline fuse. I ran the red wire to the pink on the seat belt/air bag wiring of overhead console and the black wire to black. Doing so produced no power to the valentine one. Any ideas? I called it quits for the night. Saw one post saying the pink wire should go to the black and the red to the black (reversed from what one would think). Wanted to see if anyone has done this using e valentine one wiring with the inline fuse.
MRT2.0 with Helmholtz Pipes, Cold Air Inductions CAI, 4-Pack Gauges, Flat Black Stripes, Added Spare Tire Kit, Elite Catch Can, Chrome 20" Wheels, HUD, ABL Doors, GM Dovetail, Matte Black Gills, Rear Fascia Blackout
Bradrulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:32 PM   #2
CamaroI

Drives: 2010 IOM Camaro
Saw some stuff on the internet long ago on wiring up do a google search should come up
CamaroI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:36 PM   #3
Bradrulz

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroI View Post
Saw some stuff on the internet long ago on wiring up do a google search should come up
Have been searching and most info I found is on direct wire to fuse box. Was thinking wiring to overhead console would be easier,but maybe the hardwire to fuse box would be better.
MRT2.0 with Helmholtz Pipes, Cold Air Inductions CAI, 4-Pack Gauges, Flat Black Stripes, Added Spare Tire Kit, Elite Catch Can, Chrome 20" Wheels, HUD, ABL Doors, GM Dovetail, Matte Black Gills, Rear Fascia Blackout
Old 03-11-2013, 09:29 PM   #4
Bradrulz

Anyone?
Old 03-12-2013, 05:59 PM   #5
JimE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
2012 and up there is no switched power in the mirror. You will need to run a wire to the fuse box.

also mentioned here: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=221916
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:35 PM   #6
Bradrulz

Mine is a 2011
Old 03-13-2013, 02:42 AM   #7
NthSideChi21

Drives: Camaro
On my 2012 2LT I took power for the Valentine1 from the airbag light in the overhead cab light area. There are guides on this site that can walk you through the dissemble process. Just unplug the light assembly and take a multimeter across that plug and you'll find the 12V line that runs off the key (when the airbag light turns on). Works like a charm and beats running a wire from the fuse panel. I just took a cable and striped the end on the input side and used a wire harness connector for the ground and positive wires.

So to answer your question: try swapping the positive and negative, if I recall correctly I saw the same discussion and had to swap them before the V1 would power up.

Last edited by NthSideChi21; 03-13-2013 at 10:08 PM.
NthSideChi21 is offline   Reply With Quote