Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 01-17-2011, 09:25 AM   #15
BlownSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RabanzZ28 View Post
I know this should be under the Vending section but I saw your remark and threw it on here.... I got the AEM Boost gauge (30-4406) and Air Fuel Gauge (30-4100) for Xmas. Last minute I switched it up and went in another direction. Long story short I am looking to sell these ASAP. On both of the boxes, I opened them to look so I can't say they are "sealed" in the boxes. I did not install them and they are absolutely perfect and new.... just in "open" boxes. These are $199. each..... Looking for $375.00 and I'll pay shipping for both. Will ship ASAP!

Thanks
nice thread hijacking!!!!!!!!
2010 IOM SS/RS LS3, Hennessey HPE550 Polished Magnuson TVS2300 Supercharger. 3.4 Pulley. Kooks long tube headers / high flow cats. GHL Full exhaust. ZL1 Fuel Pump/ADM FPCM. MSW Bap. JRE ZL1 Race cam with new springs/pushrods/Trunion Upgrade. FIC 850cc injectors. ZR1 Map sensor. CAI Induction. JRE Tune.
BlownSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 09:26 AM   #16
RabanzZ28

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
No Hijacking..... just wanted to post. Everyone feel free to ingnore my post and PM me if interested. Sorry BlownSS
RabanzZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 10:18 AM   #17
Jon@MagnaCharger

Drives: Anything Supercharged
Circled in RED is the boost reference port. The line you T'd into for the Brake Booster only ever sees vacuum.

Jon@MagnaCharger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 11:34 AM   #18
BlownSS

Jon......I talked to Ted at Janetty racing today and he told me that where i have it t'd is a good boost reference source. are you saying that the tube i am teed into (about 3 inches from where it goes into the brake booster) has only vacuum? I have no problem making an extension over to the nipple on the back of the supercharger. it this a more accurate measurement of boost? is there a nipple under that black cap or do i need to thread something into it to put on a hose for boost reference? Thanks
2010 IOM SS/RS LS3, Hennessey HPE550 Polished Magnuson TVS2300 Supercharger. 3.4 Pulley. Kooks long tube headers / high flow cats. GHL Full exhaust. ZL1 Fuel Pump/ADM FPCM. MSW Bap. JRE ZL1 Race cam with new springs/pushrods/Trunion Upgrade. FIC 850cc injectors. ZR1 Map sensor. CAI Induction. JRE Tune.
Old 01-17-2011, 05:25 PM   #19
stratman2SSRS

Drives: Lingenfelter Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlownSS View Post
Jon......I talked to Ted at Janetty racing today and he told me that where i have it t'd is a good boost reference source. are you saying that the tube i am teed into (about 3 inches from where it goes into the brake booster) has only vacuum? I have no problem making an extension over to the nipple on the back of the supercharger. it this a more accurate measurement of boost? is there a nipple under that black cap or do i need to thread something into it to put on a hose for boost reference? Thanks
There is a nipple under the black cap.
I just installed my boost guage at the same spot. It's a little hard to get your hand in there though.
Old 01-17-2011, 06:50 PM   #20
BlownSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratman2SSRS View Post
I just installed my boost guage at the same spot. It's a little hard to get your hand in there though.

What did you see on the gauges while at idle? while revving and not moving? Thanks for the info!
Old 01-17-2011, 06:57 PM   #21
GSUNCSU
Watch This!

Drives: Super Charged 1SS/RS, M6, CGM
Where did you bring the tubing to from the port to the gauge? (firewall, fender, etc.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stratman2SSRS View Post
K&N CAI, Wet Okole Seat Covers, MagnaFlow Street Perf. Ex. (Axle Back), MPD Hood, Gary's Customz ZL1 Fascia/Vented Fenders/Custom Stripes/Paint, AAC Afterburners/Fog Light Halos/Side Markers/Misc LEDs, Bee-Otch Air Freshener, Hurst Shifter and Line-Loc(APEX), RPI Splash Guards, MagnaCharger (Texas-Speed)(Installed by ME), Rx Catch Can and Breather, Billet Pulleys (SC2150), ARH Headers, LPE Twin Fuel Pump, Custom Blower Cam, Custom Tune TBArwhp, TBArwtorq, Boost Gauge and Single Pod (MTI)
GSUNCSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 07:22 PM   #22
BlownSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSUNCSU View Post
Where did you bring the tubing to from the port to the gauge? (firewall, fender, etc.)
there is a hole in the firewall somewhere over just by the huge power cable on the drivers side......its about 1/2'' hole
Old 02-12-2011, 12:05 PM   #23
jsharp
NOW CAMMED & SUPERCHARGED

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black w/ IOM
Guys I found the boost reference point but it looks as if my installer put my BAP sensor there already. Is it safe to still t into this reference point?
Livernois Motorsports: Maggie 2300 7psi, Livernois 2C cam/L99 to LS3 Conversion, Ported TB, Rotofab w/adm race scoop, adm trans cooler,Kooks headers no cats, Kooks 3" exhaust. METCO breather. Precision 2400 Vigilante TC. Eibach Lowering Springs & Swaybars. BMR Trailing arms, BMR Rear Cradle Bushings, BMR Toe Rods, BMR Differential bushings. Vossen CV3 20's w/ 305 Mickey Thompson @25psi. Zl1 front bumper. OE Zl1 Hood and matte black insert. 556RWHP/500RWTQ L99
jsharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 03:53 PM   #24
BlownSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsharp View Post
Guys I found the boost reference point but it looks as if my installer put my BAP sensor there already. Is it safe to still t into this reference point?
yes......but because it is at a 90 degree coming right off the reference, do the "t" further down the line to be sure it doesnt pop off. Make sure to use the wire ties to secure your fittings
Old 02-12-2011, 04:24 PM   #25
jsharp
NOW CAMMED & SUPERCHARGED

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black w/ IOM
Thanks do you know where I can get my positive switched power for my gauges?
Livernois Motorsports: Maggie 2300 7psi, Livernois 2C cam/L99 to LS3 Conversion, Ported TB, Rotofab w/adm race scoop, adm trans cooler,Kooks headers no cats, Kooks 3" exhaust. METCO breather. Precision 2400 Vigilante TC. Eibach Lowering Springs & Swaybars. BMR Trailing arms, BMR Rear Cradle Bushings, BMR Toe Rods, BMR Differential bushings. Vossen CV3 20's w/ 305 Mickey Thompson @25psi. Zl1 front bumper. OE Zl1 Hood and matte black insert. 556RWHP/500RWTQ L99
jsharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 12:05 AM   #26
GJG

Drives: 2SS
Quote:
Thanks do you know where I can get my positive switched power for my gauges?
Quote:
Just wanting to see where people are routing thier lines.

1.How are you routing your UEGO sensor and where is your bung welded?

2.What switched + are you using for UEGO?

3.What ground are you using for UEGO?

4.Where are you routing boost line and where are you t'ing in for boost sensor?

5.What switched + are you using for boost guage? f17 or f18, drivers side fuse box

6.What ground are you using for boost guage? screw next to same fuse box
just did my adm boost guage this weekend....above worked out great