Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 03-06-2011, 05:20 AM   #85
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
If your car is currently stock and you buy the tuner from him that tune would be free. If you have a bunch of stuff on the car you did not get from him, like longtubes, supercharger, torque convertor then he would charge you for the tuner and then a price for the tune.
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 09:07 AM   #86
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizz69 View Post
Couple of questions, so I can get a bit of clarification. With this particular unit, the custom tune from Ted will include both engine and transmission tuning?

I want to make sure the AFM goes away. Hate is not a strong enough word.
I would like the transmission to have firmer shifts and downshift to 1st when in sport mode and coming to a stop.
How much does Ted charge if I make modifications and need a new tune based on the changes?

Thanks!

Yes, Ted can address all of your concerns. Not a problem. As for what he will charge for any future changes. I can only reapeat what has been said. It you buythe parts from him, then any tune adjustments that need to be made becasue of the new parts will be NO CHARGE. But if you buy the stuff elsewhere and go back to Ted for a tune change then there will be a fee. Exactly how much, thats up to Ted. Best to email him and ask.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 01:37 PM   #87
dukefanok

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Black on Black
Got my tuner from Ted last week. Followed instructions to the T, and the software couldn't recognize the device. Went to SCT's website followed their instructions to fix this issue....Didn't work. Called and remained on hold for 45 minutes with no answer. Left message on vmail. Sent email, and got a response in about an hour. They remoted into my computer and fixed the issue after an hour of troubleshooting. SCT user interface is terrible, and I still cant see all the buttons on the screen. I have never had that many issues installing software and drivers for a device. Finnaly got the tune loaded and sent to Ted, and he responded super fast with my tune. Loaded it on the car, and love it. Wasn't exactly what I expected, but it does shift better, and I love having no AFM. I think my expectations were too high, as everyone says night and day difference. Bottom line, the car does feel better, and firmer, and no annoying AFM anymore. It was worth the money.
dukefanok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 02:12 PM   #88
MudderFinger

Drives: 2011 IOM SS/RS
I also have the same tuner from Ted and I have been really happy. Ted is the MAN!!
MudderFinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 10:57 PM   #89
GJG

Drives: 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukefanok View Post
Got my tuner from Ted last week. Followed instructions to the T, and the software couldn't recognize the device. Went to SCT's website followed their instructions to fix this issue....Didn't work. Called and remained on hold for 45 minutes with no answer. Left message on vmail. Sent email, and got a response in about an hour. They remoted into my computer and fixed the issue after an hour of troubleshooting. SCT user interface is terrible, and I still cant see all the buttons on the screen. I have never had that many issues installing software and drivers for a device. Finnaly got the tune loaded and sent to Ted, and he responded super fast with my tune. Loaded it on the car, and love it. Wasn't exactly what I expected, but it does shift better, and I love having no AFM. I think my expectations were too high, as everyone says night and day difference. Bottom line, the car does feel better, and firmer, and no annoying AFM anymore. It was worth the money.
right click the icon on your desktop>click properties>click run maximized.

took me 2 days to find that.....

the UI is terrible but once you figure out the correct sequence of steps it works.....

very frustrating to say the least......
Old 03-16-2011, 11:41 PM   #90
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Ted FTW

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 12:52 PM   #91
dukefanok

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Black on Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by GJG View Post
right click the icon on your desktop>click properties>click run maximized.

took me 2 days to find that.....

the UI is terrible but once you figure out the correct sequence of steps it works.....

very frustrating to say the least......

Thanks, I'll give that a try. This forum is awesome...Someone always has a useful and helpful answer.
dukefanok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 08:17 PM   #92
gatorlover

Drives: 2013 AGM 1SS/RS 1LE
I installed my headers this past weekend and had Ted set me up with a new tune for the headers. Over all I'm really pleased with the sound and car seems strong. Although, for some reason, the difference is not as big as I thought. I noticed the idle seems alittle lower also. Almost feels like the pickup is not quite what it was before in the lower rpm range. Would that be because of the way the engine is breathing? Like the power is in the middle to higher rpms? Again, I think ted's tunes are great. Maybe I just need to get used to how the headers effect the motor's power output.
Old 03-23-2011, 02:26 PM   #93
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorlover View Post
I installed my headers this past weekend and had Ted set me up with a new tune for the headers. Over all I'm really pleased with the sound and car seems strong. Although, for some reason, the difference is not as big as I thought. I noticed the idle seems alittle lower also. Almost feels like the pickup is not quite what it was before in the lower rpm range. Would that be because of the way the engine is breathing? Like the power is in the middle to higher rpms? Again, I think ted's tunes are great. Maybe I just need to get used to how the headers effect the motor's power output.
Exactly what Headers are you running?
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 03:26 PM   #94
2010 Indy Pace Car
NCCOA Ch 1

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS - Z4Z # 44
Ordered my SCT and tune a littler earlier today. Looking forward to it!!... Yes, already in my sig!
2010 Indy Pace Car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 04:18 PM   #95
MyIBMssRS

Drives: 10 IBM SS RS/14 1500 Z71
Just loaded my tune today and took a nice long cruise to see how it felt........WOW. I'm in love with this car all over again. Awesome work Ted, thanks a lot!!
MyIBMssRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:47 AM   #96
L99BEN

Drives: 2023 BMW M4 Competition
What is so bad about the AFM? Does it make the car slower or less responsive?
L99BEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:52 AM   #97
Dtrimpi87
Banned

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS A6 & 2011 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by L99BEN View Post
What is so bad about the AFM? Does it make the car slower or less responsive?
It's annoying with an after market exhaust.
Dtrimpi87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:07 AM   #98
L99BEN

Drives: 2023 BMW M4 Competition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtrimpi87 View Post
It's annoying with an after market exhaust.
Yes Ive heard about that? I have stock exhaust...
Does it actually make the car slower or effect performance in any way?
L99BEN is offline   Reply With Quote