Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-17-2013, 04:05 PM   #71
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne watson View Post
I'm sure your cars are the same but if I make a call I just tell the car who to call.
Now texting to me is silly as hell, that's why phones were invented so letters were no longer necessary. Are we going backwards who knows before long maybe Verizon will sell pigeons.
You can in the Camaro but not in our Vue...
Old 11-17-2013, 06:45 PM   #72
SnowyCamaro

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1, 2006 Chevy Equinox
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SSRS View Post
worse ones are the maniac minivan drivers

I used to have a black bmw that was really dropped, and people would change lanes / merge like they were going drive right over my hood. Thank god I upgraded the brakes in that car cause I needed them! This car I noticed people get right up on my a** at stop lights.
Old 11-18-2013, 09:58 AM   #73
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Interesting.....I have never noticed this situation in the current Camaro, the two before it, or the 1969 which we still have. It might gather some complements, or a passing look or two, but that's it. Its just a normal car and 95% of the folks on the road could care a less. Are there bad drivers? Yeah plenty, but that has nothing to do with what your driving in my opinion.
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 11:06 AM   #74
Goober
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro
I think the posters who claim people don't drive differently around 5th Gen Camaros must be oblivious to what's going on around them while driving.

I have been driving cars and trucks for 30 plus years and NEVER while driving any other vehicle have I experienced the BS I get from other drivers being total dbags towards me. It's not my imagination! This car attracts douchbags!
Goober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 06:43 PM   #75
cd3neil19

Drives: '10 2SS/RS & '14 Range Rover Sport
A lot of people are also hoping to provoke you to floor a monster V8.

Silver 2010 L99 SS/RS
Mods: Magnaflow Competition Series Exhaust, 20% Window Tint, Blacked out LED tail lights, OEM Color matched mudflaps.
cd3neil19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 07:02 PM   #76
punkindave
The Great Punkin

Drives: 2013 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne watson View Post
Has anyone else notice how stupid people drive around newer camaros, they cut me off and don't want to let you over.
I can drive my older truck to work and this be doesnt happen
What the hell is wrong with people?
I haven't even got tag on it yet. 1st one that hits it being dumb just thinks they've had a bad day
They are "racing" you..
I had the exact same observation years ago when I had a bright red WS6 TransAm and couldn't believe how many azzholes were out there.

I figured that mentality out when I overheard some kid talking about how he raced a Vette with his 4cyl S10 and "won". I never knew they were "racing", just thought they were douchebags!!

Strangely I don't have the problem with the Camaro. I guess it's that it's not red..
Old 11-19-2013, 07:14 PM   #77
Sesiom Summers

Drives: 94 Z28 / 01 Z28 / 2015 50th GT
Send a message via MSN to Sesiom Summers
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnighter View Post
I was told that in Mexico City today, they will unload AK-47s on your car for even looking at them.
thats BS hate that kind of comments ...
Old 11-19-2013, 07:29 PM   #78
Sesiom Summers

Drives: 94 Z28 / 01 Z28 / 2015 50th GT
Send a message via MSN to Sesiom Summers
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnighter View Post
The awful drug cartel problem makes Mexico a death trap. I haven't gone there since 2001.
this treath go off topic but if I can say something from my point of view...

the situation is going to get worst ... meanwile america consume more and more drugs, so really every time an american buy drug... they are financing bombs in countries like mexico or colombia 10 years ago... but hey who cares... after all none of you have to deal with the horror of a bomb nex to your house....

ps... sorry guys this topic always blow my head....
Old 11-20-2013, 12:09 AM   #79
Nor Cal ZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6
The thing I notice more and more is people just going when the light turns green. I drive alot for work and see too many nasty accidents esp at intersections so I started to pay attention to what others were doing. People were either messing with the phone (mostly) or zoned out. Light turns green and not one look to see if it is safe to proceed.....just go. Now I sure as hell am going to take a look, and if someone is not slowing (looking at phone) I will wait until it is safe.

So then I was out with the son who is learning on his permit. Stop sign...stops looks both ways. Stop light just goes without a glance as soon as it turns green. At this point I told him trust no one on the road always be on the look out for distracted people. If your at a light and a tall vehicle blocks you view....don't move, not certain the other driver is stopping.....don't move. Next time your out check out the other driver behavior at the lights. I bet 80% just go when the lights turns green....kind of like a Simon say's but with traffic.
Nor Cal ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 12:34 AM   #80
MacadamianNut
Car Newbie

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS (Black)
Somebody tried to race me on the interstate not more than 48 hours after I got my Camaro this past September. Since that was the first time that happened to me, at first I didn't know what he was doing by driving next to me for a while and then flooring it.

I haven't seen that much other added craziness of drivers around a Camaro. People in my area (Michiana) just tend to be atrocious drivers in general. Creeping out into the middle of an intersection during a red light to the point where people in the perpendicular lanes have to actively avoid running into them, pulling out into a street going 2 mph and forcing somebody going the speed limit to slam on their brakes for dear life, deciding that they can't wait for the green turning lane light to come on and instead drive to the left of the people in the turning lane (into oncoming traffic), flooring it through 4 way intersections when the traffic lights are out, merging over into lanes even when there is a car right beside them (as in, if they looked to their left/right they could clearly see the other driver's face) in that lane just because they feel like it, taking 6 seconds to make a right turn or change lanes, etc. I saw more than enough of that when I was driving my old Scion to the point I regularly entertained thoughts of keeping a baseball bat in my car to knock out the teeth of anybody who got into an accident with me

I swear I'm not a violent person

Last edited by MacadamianNut; 11-20-2013 at 12:45 AM.
MacadamianNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 09:59 AM   #81
Goober
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacadamianNut View Post
Somebody tried to race me on the interstate not more than 48 hours after I got my Camaro this past September. Since that was the first time that happened to me, at first I didn't know what he was doing by driving next to me for a while and then flooring it.

I haven't seen that much other added craziness of drivers around a Camaro. People in my area (Michiana) just tend to be atrocious drivers in general. Creeping out into the middle of an intersection during a red light to the point where people in the perpendicular lanes have to actively avoid running into them, pulling out into a street going 2 mph and forcing somebody going the speed limit to slam on their brakes for dear life, deciding that they can't wait for the green turning lane light to come on and instead drive to the left of the people in the turning lane (into oncoming traffic), flooring it through 4 way intersections when the traffic lights are out, merging over into lanes even when there is a car right beside them (as in, if they looked to their left/right they could clearly see the other driver's face) in that lane just because they feel like it, taking 6 seconds to make a right turn or change lanes, etc. I saw more than enough of that when I was driving my old Scion to the point I regularly entertained thoughts of keeping a baseball bat in my car to knock out the teeth of anybody who got into an accident with me

LOL
Old 11-20-2013, 10:01 AM   #82
gajagfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacadamianNut View Post

Would you consider mounting that bat in the trunk? I am curious, what do you think of that idea? Thanks!
Old 11-20-2013, 10:04 AM   #83
gajagfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goober View Post
I think the posters who claim people don't drive differently around 5th Gen Camaros must be oblivious to what's going on around them while driving.
Either that or they look at there Camaro as a normal car, and don't try to glorify it by misinterpreting situations to make them feel special about their car, but maybe I am just oblivious.
Old 11-20-2013, 10:06 AM   #84
Goober
Account Suspended

A large percentage of the drivers on the roads today should not be allowed to be out there driving.

This cell phone, smart device crap has got to stop!

People nowadays are like zombies walking around staring at these stupid smart phones. They look like idiots. Everywhere you look everybody is in another world consumed by their smart phone or tablet or whatever. Whatever happened to being aware of your surroundings and actually communicating with people?

When you are at a stop light or in traffic that has slowed or stopped look around at the other drivers and see how many people are looking atr their smart phones. It's f*cking ridiculous!