Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 04-28-2014, 07:52 PM   #1
shawn672

Drives: Corvette
1SS w/ LE vs 2SS w/ RS?

Just contemplating..
1SS with the LE package and rear vision package
or
2SS with the RS package

I know this subforum might be a bit bias, but curious as to your opinions. Spirited driver, RARELY if ever track (probably never). I love the LE looks, but is it worth giving up the HUD and other bits that come along with the 2SS? Price is roughly the same, both would have dual exhaust, will be modding both with basic bolt ons.

Thanks guys!
shawn672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 08:02 PM   #2
rdrfronty

Drives: 2019 ZL1 1LE CRUSH
Well you are the only one that can accurately answer that question. For example, I wouldn't have upgraded to the 2SS package if it only cost $200. Nothing in it I care about.
On the other hand, I would have paid double what I did for the 1LE if that's what GM charged for it.
But for others HUD is very important. Or the 4 pack gauges. Etc. See what I mean?
rdrfronty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 08:04 PM   #3
TxBandit911
Call Me"Doc"

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE BLACK
I would take a Stripped down 1SS if that's what it took to get a 1LE, Luckily I could afford everything...
TxBandit911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 08:08 PM   #4
fgg60
Sweet Annie!! BRM

Drives: '13 2SS/RS 1LE BRM NPP CF5
that's easy... BOTH!!! lol. Love my 2SS RS 1LE!!
Old 04-28-2014, 08:17 PM   #5
Mikamaro
MikeNoMaro

Drives: A 2016 Challenger R/T M6 STP
Test drive them. Big difference in confort and handling.

Track Day Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/mrgoodman2000/videos
Built #83817, Born January 18th, Christened June 11th 2010, Stolen October 3rd 2016.
Mikamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 08:25 PM   #6
shawn672

Drives: Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikamaro View Post
Test drive them. Big difference in confort and handling.
Def looking for a harsher ride.. used to a lowered '12 Vette. DD that for a year and loved it.

The 2SS with 1LE just isn't feasible, only way I can squeeze the 1LE is to get a 1SS. The 4 pack gauges seem kind of silly, HUD is useful but honestly never had one, and not having leather would suck I guess but the seats are the same right? Just cloth? Might be cooler in the summer I guess
shawn672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 08:40 PM   #7
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Honestly, I would wait until I could swing everything. What would it take for you to save the difference? 6 months or so if you REALLY cut corners? I made some huge sacrifices starting a month before ordering and the 2 months between ordering and delivery to be able to get EVERYTHING I wanted. This included selling my current and only car at the time of ordering, not going out to eat or drink at all, and working overtime everyday as we as cutting any other corners possible. I didn't want to ever say 'I wish I had.....'. I am so happy I did that, have no regrets, and have a greater sense of pride in ownership now for doing it. If you just cant make this happen or wait until you can, then I would go 2SS and slowly upgrade starting with appearance, then bolt-ons, then suspension, based on your driving style and other preferences you mentioned. Good luck bud!
Old 04-28-2014, 09:13 PM   #8
gbmike

Drives: 2020 2SS Conv
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn672 View Post
Def looking for a harsher ride.. used to a lowered '12 Vette. DD that for a year and loved it.

The 2SS with 1LE just isn't feasible, only way I can squeeze the 1LE is to get a 1SS. The 4 pack gauges seem kind of silly, HUD is useful but honestly never had one, and not having leather would suck I guess but the seats are the same right? Just cloth? Might be cooler in the summer I guess
I changed from 2SS/RS to 1SS/1LE for pretty much same reason, although I added the Recaro's which to me was the reason for not having the 2SS, spending extra for leather and getting rid of it just didn't make sense to me. Don't miss the gauges, HUD, etc and personally don't like the RS look on the 2014 anyway, although the taillights are cool. Anyway your choice but, for me, this was by far the better way to go all round, love it, feels much tighter and planted on the road as well.
Old 04-28-2014, 11:05 PM   #9
J-vette

Drives: '14 1le
Then get the 1ss w/ 1le bc the 1le offers more than the rs (& 2ss combined). If there is nothing you want in the 2ss then don't get it. The HUD is nice useful & I wanted the gauges, but it's more than that you get- color dic, upgraded sound, & rear vision as well as leather. You can add rear vision & sound as an option & it's easy to add the gauges if you would want any of that. IMO I think the rs pkg looks good & is worth it when buying the car if that is something you would want. If I had to then I would get the 1le 1st, then rs, but it sounds like you have the cars picked out- so get the 1ss w/ 1le bc it's the better value.
J-vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 05:27 AM   #10
Punk_rider

Drives: VW Typ 166 + Black 1LE
I'd take 2SS / RS 1LE and finance the difference by forgetting (not that useful) aftermarket mods and dual exhaust
Old 04-29-2014, 06:22 AM   #11
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
OP you do know on the 1LE the Goodyears will wear out in 15,000 miles?

And the 1LE ride, while not punishing except on big bumps, is stiffer than the base SS?

And do you want to track your car or really are into good handling?

And did you know the 1LE is no faster or maybe a little slower than the base SS in a straight line?

If you enjoy overall performance not just in a straight line then the 1LE is the hands down choice. You will love it. Very BMW M car like to me. The 2SS and RS stuff is okay but you will not miss it. And the leather is half vinyl.

To your order I would add NPP and BA. Nice to have a soundtrack to add to your enjoyment of the car.
Old 04-29-2014, 07:16 AM   #12
BigBlock69RS
Ed

Drives: 2013 AGM Camaro 2SS/RS/1LE
1le is a must have if you like corners at all. The package really inspires confidence, but does come with some trade offs like shorter tire life. I don't feel the ride is harsh but you should test drive both and judge for yourself.

NPP is a worthy option, especially if you pull the fuse, it really sounds like a muscle car, get a lot compliments on the sound.

I really like the HUD, never had one until this car, I never really look at the other gauges, but you could add a HUD later.

Backup camera is nice in these cars.

Ba option is good if yu want to mod your sound system later with an aftermarket amp and speakers.

RS option is really a matter of taste but lights at night are a lot brighter.

Interior is a lot nicer on a 2ss but a 1ss weighs less for those that want that.

If you are flexible on color and options you could wait until the 15s start showing up and try to get 14 2ss 1le for a cut rate.