Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 05-29-2015, 02:19 AM   #15
Johnthegreat

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS black camaro
Let's be honest, I have nothing against a 1le but it's just suspension parts. Everything else is the same. It's a base ls3 with a better suspension ,that's it.no difference in power. I was going to upgrade to a zl1 but I just decided to mod the hell out of my ss, keep it and buy a zo6. I'm not knocking his upgrade I just think there is no comparison if I had a choice between the two.
Johnthegreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 03:38 AM   #16
BlueN20Camaro
Banned

Drives: 1LE LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnthegreat View Post
Let's be honest, I have nothing against a 1le but it's just suspension parts. Everything else is the same. It's a base ls3 with a better suspension ,that's it.no difference in power. I was going to upgrade to a zl1 but I just decided to mod the hell out of my ss, keep it and buy a zo6. I'm not knocking his upgrade I just think there is no comparison if I had a choice between the two.
Suspension/transmission drive ratio/rear end/interior/tires/rim. Different car when it comes to tracking. Again to some it's not much but to us who still drive manuals and don't use it as show cars, it's a different animal.
BlueN20Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 03:46 AM   #17
snarky
ultracrepidarianism

Drives: '14 1SS/RS/1LE/NPP '18 Accord Sport
If I had a base SS I'd be much more likely to trade up for a ZL1. But with the 1LE the answer is no. The 1LE is a better looker than the ZL1. I used the extra $25k for a new daily driver. Two rides are better than one.

Proudly drinking the kool-aid for 14 months. It's fk-ing delicious.
Old 05-29-2015, 09:16 AM   #18
Electric

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
Quote:
As was mentioned above, it’s not just suspension. The bottom line is that 1LE has a much more refined handling, it’s faster, it’s more fun to drive and it looks better. It would cost you much more than the price of the 1LE package to bring base SS to the same level of performance. 1LE will outrun sports cars that are twice its price, while base SS is only fast for its price. If you ganna say that 1LE is nothing special in comparison to base SS, you might as well say that Corvette is nothing special in comparison to Hyundai Accent. With enough funding and knowledge, one can make Hyundai faster than Corvette. Extreme example, but just following your logic.
Electric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 01:18 PM   #19
theitalianflip

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1le Summit White
Quote:
Actually your wrong about that. I have access to GM's EPC and there are many more unique parts on the 1LE than people think (other than suspension). For example, the 1LE uses the stronger transmission and engine mounts from the Z/28 (part 20952437) and uses the MM6 transmission as well in the Z/28.

There are other parts like the toe links, wheel bearings, axles etc that are not on the standard SS (shares from the ZL1). The wheels alone on the 1LE cost as much as the whole 1LE package. When you look deeper in the GM EPC, you start to see how unique the 1LE is, it really should have been its own submodel.

2014 2SS 1LE summit white
theitalianflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 02:34 PM   #20
nvydvr

Drives: 2015 Red Rock ZL1
AND... From what I hear the 1LE drivers are all better looking... hahaha... just sayin'...
nvydvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 02:46 PM   #21
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvydvr View Post
AND... From what I hear the 1LE drivers are all better looking... hahaha... just sayin'...
They made me go to the dealership to look at me before I could order my car. 5 out of 7 people gave me the I wasn't worried about the 2 that , they were dudes
Old 05-30-2015, 01:32 AM   #22
Johnthegreat

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS black camaro
let's just agree to disagree. 1le guys are always going to assume that the package and that's what it Is, just a package,not a sports car. Its a package on a ss, is going to be the best thing since slice bread. And I'm going to continue to believe that it's not in the same class as a zl1 or looks better than a zl1. Yes is the 1le better around the track than a regular ss of course,but I live nowhere near a track. Is the 1le faster in a straight line no its not. I'm not knocking the 1le its a good package all I'm saying is that if I had a choice between The two the zl1 will win all the time.
Johnthegreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 10:58 AM   #23
Cool1LE

Drives: 2014 Blk 2SS/1LE
One thing about the 1LE is that most of the time it took someone that did some research and knew more than their salesman to buy it. I had to educate my dealer.... love the enthusiast factor and explaining to other Camaro owners that yes this was a package I ordered not mods
Cool1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 03:43 PM   #24
Bizaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Redhot 1LE
1le is better than zl1 and z28 bow down to us you SS peasants.
Bizaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 09:43 PM   #25
1LE_Track_Star

Drives: 2015 RRM 1SS/RS 1LE NPP Recaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueN20Camaro View Post
Suspension/transmission drive ratio/rear end/interior/tires/rim. Different car when it comes to tracking. Again to some it's not much but to us who still drive manuals and don't use it as show cars, it's a different animal.
Big time 10-4
1LE_Track_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 09:54 PM   #26
1LE_Track_Star

Drives: 2015 RRM 1SS/RS 1LE NPP Recaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool1LE View Post
One thing about the 1LE is that most of the time it took someone that did some research and knew more than their salesman to buy it. I had to educate my dealer.... love the enthusiast factor and explaining to other Camaro owners that yes this was a package I ordered not mods
Fully agree, its a GT3 for less $$, if more only the others knew what they were missing
1LE_Track_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 10:03 PM   #27
damian559

Drives: 2015 1SS, 1LE, Recaro, NPP
I bet the ZL1 is an awesome car, but I special ordered my 1LE to exactly to my liking. My '15 1LE has Recaro seats and dual mode exhaust and was a sticker price of $40,740, but able to get it for $37,000. A ZL1 with Recaros is $59,000. I don't see where the extra $19,000 goes. I've only spent $3300 total in parts, labor and tune and already make 500rwhp.
12.1 @ 117 (Motor)
11.7 @ 129 (Nitrous)
Nitrous Outlet Single Nozzle Kit | Stand Alone Fuel Cell w/ C16 | Custom Grind Cam | Stainless Power 1 7/8 LT Headers | CAI Intake | ATI Super Damper | BMR Trailing Arms & Toe Links | Prothane Polyurethane Sub-frame Bushings | JDP Upper Control Arm Bushings | MT Drag Radials | Tuned by SS Motorsports
Youtube Channel:
Click Here
damian559 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 09:40 AM   #28
Bizaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Redhot 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by damian559 View Post
I bet the ZL1 is an awesome car, but I special ordered my 1LE to exactly to my liking. My '15 1LE has Recaro seats and dual mode exhaust and was a sticker price of $40,740, but able to get it for $37,000. A ZL1 with Recaros is $59,000. I don't see where the extra $19,000 goes. I've only spent $3300 total in parts, labor and tune and already make 500rwhp.
The extra cost goes into magride, lsa with better cooling, brakes, and fancier interiot trim. Deffinetly not worth the 19k I think all could be done for way less
Bizaro is offline   Reply With Quote