Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 02-14-2011, 10:44 PM   #1
Edscapade
Edscapade

Drives: 2011 SS Camaro
KENWOOD EXCELON DNX9960

Hi Everyone,

I live in Pocatello so I do not have a lot to choose from. I will have to have whatever I decide installed professionaly as I am travelling to China each month and don't have the time. One of the dealers has the KENWOOD EXCELON DNX9960 - have any of you installed it or have information on this deck?

Thanks in advance for any information.

Best,
Ed
Edscapade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 12:03 AM   #2
Topdown
The wait is over!

Drives: 2010 Camaro, IOM, L99, Auto
No personal experience, just anecdotal stories of slow and clunky GUI. but, even with those few stories, I was about to pull the trigger on a Kenwood myself.

There are a few guys that are running Kenwoods, hopefully they will see and give feedback to your question - good luck!

AlphaDamp CLD Mat - Get more Sound Deadening with less Sound Deadener
Topdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 12:11 PM   #3
Edscapade
Edscapade

Thanks Topdown - appreciate you giving me feedback. It looks good in the showroom. I just want to do a great system and look forward to feedback from people who have this system or suggestion on others.
Old 02-15-2011, 01:31 PM   #4
dcamarom
SoCal Family Member

Drives: 2010 CGM Camaro 2LT/RS
Talk to the guy doing the install for you. I am sure he wouldn't mind if you ordered what you wanted then had it shipped to his shop and have him install it. He will be making money either way.
dcamarom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 08:24 PM   #5
GJG

Drives: 2SS
Sometimes mine lags alittle.....but other than that i love it and would do it again.....
Old 02-15-2011, 08:47 PM   #6
Edscapade
Edscapade

Thanks for the feedback guy's appreciate it!
Old 02-16-2011, 08:41 AM   #7
markgoodson

Drives: 2010 2 SS RS
I have one and would not do it again. It is very non responsive and or slow at times. It takes 10 seconds to load album artwork (connected to an iPhone) and while it’s doing that you cannot skip to the next track. The touch screen is not very accurate and at times does not accept commands, when hooked to usb you will hear static and pops. The only good thing I can say about this head unit is that the Garman works flawlessly but whatever Kenwood did on their side they should be ashamed of themselves. I have seen better Tandy computers then what this thing is.
markgoodson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 06:22 PM   #8
GJG

Drives: 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by markgoodson View Post
I have one and would not do it again. It is very non responsive and or slow at times. It takes 10 seconds to load album artwork (connected to an iPhone) and while it’s doing that you cannot skip to the next track. The touch screen is not very accurate and at times does not accept commands, when hooked to usb you will hear static and pops. The only good thing I can say about this head unit is that the Garman works flawlessly but whatever Kenwood did on their side they should be ashamed of themselves. I have seen better Tandy computers then what this thing is.
other than a slight lag "sometimes" of a second or 2 when i do a touch screen prompt i don't have any of those issues......
Old 02-17-2011, 07:00 AM   #9
Tester72

Drives: 2010 ABM Camaro 1SS/RS
Kenwood has been spot on with their excelon units. Most issues can be fixed by updating software. I've been using Excelon stuff for more than 10 years now and have had no issues with any of their equipment. I've been looking for a new head unit myself and after comparing JVC, Alpine, and a couple other units I can honestly say the Kenwood unit will be my system of choice.
Tester72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 09:16 PM   #10
Edscapade
Edscapade

Thanks Guy's - I appreciate everyone's input. I am leaning with your way of thinking Tester72, I too have been looking at Pioneer and Alpine units and I like the Kenwood so far.