Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-06-2011, 07:19 PM   #71
Ucantctchme

Drives: 2010 ss. 1990 RS the faster one.
1ss no RS, polished wheels, Boston acoustics.
Ucantctchme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 09:02 PM   #72
Revenant

Drives: '11 1SS LS3 and '90 240sx hatch.
I ordered mine purposely with only black stripes and hurst short throw added. 1SS came to $31k. Salesman called it the "No filler, all thriller" package afterwards. I love my CGM and two tone sport cloth seats. I wouldn't trade it for anything.
Revenant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 09:57 PM   #73
SSGUNNER
Chu no guat a hasa is?

Drives: 14 Jeep G Cherokee Overland HEMI
Quote:
Originally Posted by yzrider58 View Post
My wife doesn't like hot or cold leather on her legs. It didn't matter too much to me though. As stated above I do wish they had a more 2SS interior without leather. My other complaint is I had too look forever to find a 1SS new or used. They're just not that common.
Exactly why i didnt get one and dealer wanted quite a bit for it.
11 2SS/RSL99No Longer Stock (Sold) 6/19/14:AAC Plasma DRL's | Plug n play harness | Elite CC | Tint: 35% & 5% | LED Dome light | Show-N-Go Plate Holder | Flowmaster AT | C.A.I. Intake | VMAX CNC Spiral Ported TB | Husky Splash Guards
SSGUNNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 10:07 PM   #74
kiteman

Drives: 2012 45th Camaro, 2SS/M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by robsls3 View Post
Lets see $27K or $39K....hmmmmmmm. You do the math.
i can do the math, but i guess you can't do the research. 1SS is 32k and 2SS is 35k.

and for 3k you get leather, HUD, PDIM, BA audio, rearview camera (2012), anything else? quite a bit...3k is pretty cheap for all of that actually. if you don't want it, that's another story, but for the money it's a very good deal if you are interested in any of those options... easy to assume leather is 1,500, PDIM is 500, BA is 500, and rearview camera is 500.
kiteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 10:55 PM   #75
JeffInDFW
Camaro owner for 29 years

Drives: 96 Viper GTS/09 Sky Redline/95 Z28
I ordered my 1995 Z28 6 speed with ONE option. Air conditioning. Boom! Nothing else! It is a very rare hard top (NO T-TOPS), has hand crank windows, no power mirrors, it does not even have a rear window defroster!! Yes, it has CLOTH seats that weigh MUCH less than the "leather", and today with 186,000 miles and 16 years on them, they still look brand new. The "leather" seats in my 2009 Sky with 28,000 miles look like hammered crap, burns the crap out of my legs in the summer, freezes the crap out of my everything in the winter. Can't stand "leather" interiors, especially in a performance car.

That said, one option I MUST have now is bluetooth. Once you have and use a factory bluetooth setup, you can't live without it again.
JeffInDFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 02:57 AM   #76
BlemsBumble

Drives: '13 ZL1 #662; '10 SS; '99 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by STYLE66 View Post
If I could order the ZL1 with cloth, I would. really are you kidding me. some people say what ever thats how they slep at night. 99 percent of the people on this thread i understand but come on a ZL1 with cloth. i hope you never have to get the money for one
What's it to you how I order my ZL1? It's none of your damn business. Why are you even posting in this thread? Do you drive a 1SS? I posted in response to the OP's query which was addressed to 1SS owners. I make a simple post and get four ****ing facepalms. Genius.
Old 12-07-2011, 03:39 AM   #77
Dukes117
H0TWH331S

Drives: '11 SW SS(SOLD) '12 IOM SS (order)
Quote:
Originally Posted by STYLE66 View Post
If I could order the ZL1 with cloth, I would. really are you kidding me. some people say what ever thats how they slep at night. 99 percent of the people on this thread i understand but come on a ZL1 with cloth. i hope you never have to get the money for one
Are you insinuating that people on this thread are giving reasons for their choice to purchase a 1SS simply to help them sleep at night? Take a break from the forums troll, go drive in your "luxury" muscle car, and get smoked by a guy who decided that a blower was more important than leather in a muscle car.
Dukes117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 05:14 AM   #78
HDDAN

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS 2007 HD FLSTC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revenant View Post
I ordered mine purposely with only black stripes and hurst short throw added. 1SS came to $31k. Salesman called it the "No filler, all thriller" package afterwards. I love my CGM and two tone sport cloth seats. I wouldn't trade it for anything.
I agree, here is what I ordered,
1SS silver ice metalic $30,995.00
Boston accoustics $450.00
polished wheels $495.95
A6 $995.95
I ordered it 10/13/08 and got it 5/23/09. No dealer mark-up, grand total
$32,936.90 minus $500.00 coupon at dealership
$32,436.90. I then added the gauges for $300.00
Hate the PLEATHER in any Chevy. Didn't want or need the gadgets. If the 2SS had a higher level of performance, I would have it. It does not and I do not. I love my car!
HDDAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 07:16 AM   #79
TSSUNAMI
It was ninety nine cents!

Drives: 2014 Jeep Wrangler
What the heck are you guys getting all bent out of shape over someone's preference for cloth?

It's their car. Deal with it.

I have a 1SS and I was actually very surprised by how nice the cloth looks. I do plan to add the ABL and door panels, but from what I'm hearing, I am VERY happy that I didn't get the leather. Even though the IOM interior looks awesome.
Old 12-07-2011, 09:53 AM   #80
SScattergunSS
~ Love or Lust ~

Drives: R6P 1SS/RS BLK/L99
I went with the 1SS/RS back when I did the preorder in '08 and overall am glad that I did. I wanted the V8 instead of the V6, and when I bought it I, I bought it to drive in the heat of the San Joaquin Valley in California. The last thing you want are leather seats there!
~ Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just, And this be our motto, "In God is our trust." And the Star Spangled Banner in triumph shall wave O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave ~ Francis Scott Key ~
SScattergunSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 12:13 PM   #81
robsls3
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiteman View Post
i can do the math, but i guess you can't do the research. 1SS is 32k and 2SS is 35k.

and for 3k you get leather, HUD, PDIM, BA audio, rearview camera (2012), anything else? quite a bit...3k is pretty cheap for all of that actually. if you don't want it, that's another story, but for the money it's a very good deal if you are interested in any of those options... easy to assume leather is 1,500, PDIM is 500, BA is 500, and rearview camera is 500.
1SS here in IL were $28k-$29k and 2SS were $38k-$42k (depended on stripes, color, and transmission).

So getting mine at $27k with out all the stuff I didnt need or was planning to change I still made out better in the 1SS.

Leather is what sort of fake leather. Spare cloth seats were $80 off this site (have 2 sets now)
Bose system blows
PDIM requires a update if a Iphone update is sent out or doesnt work real well with USB sticks.
Rearview cam dont need it. I have side mirrors to help me park.
robsls3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 01:59 PM   #82
kiteman

Drives: 2012 45th Camaro, 2SS/M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by robsls3 View Post
1SS here in IL were $28k-$29k and 2SS were $38k-$42k (depended on stripes, color, and transmission).

So getting mine at $27k with out all the stuff I didnt need or was planning to change I still made out better in the 1SS.

Leather is what sort of fake leather. Spare cloth seats were $80 off this site (have 2 sets now)
Bose system blows
PDIM requires a update if a Iphone update is sent out or doesnt work real well with USB sticks.
Rearview cam dont need it. I have side mirrors to help me park.
that doesn't make any sense on the pricing. i don't know who would pay $40k for a 2SS when you could custom order one for invoice pricing closer to $35k. and a brand new 1SS for 27k is simply a lie. dealerships would be losing so much money on that car, unless you're talking used 1SS (for a very good deal) vs. new 2SS (with huge mark-up). check out chevy's site and you'll see the difference is under $4,000 for a brand new car that you can order no matter what part of the country you are in.

PDIM required no update for me, and i use a USB stick that works great. i got the USB stick for $5 and it indexes in less than 2 minutes every time i start the car and it searches as fast as my ipod. i think you have been misinformed

bose system doesn't exist. they are boston acoustics. you've been misinformed again.

and why the hell would you buy spare cloth seats?
kiteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 07:54 PM   #83
Smirnoff

Drives: Camaro SS
1SS all the way.....didn't need/want the leather (sorry, but true muscle cars do not wear leather). Also as many others (1SS), installed the 4-pak gauge cluster as an add-on that was a must have.....

Took the money I saved in not buying the 2SS/RS options & purchased high performance bolt-ons not only to "wake-up" the SS, but provide better value for the $$$ spent

Smirnoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 11:24 PM   #84
Nessal

Drives: Exige, Miata, Ghia
If GM sold the SS with a stripped down interior and none of the accessories and 18" wheels, I would definitely go for it. Interior is the last thing I ever think about when it comes to cars. I like the mechanical feel of older cars and how clunky they are. And I really don't give a crap what passengers think because it's MY car. Don't like my stiff coilover? TOUGH! Don't like the vibration from the engine mounts? TOUGH!
Nessal is offline   Reply With Quote