Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-10-2013, 01:54 PM   #1
scuzzbag87

Drives: 2013 red camaro LS
need info on my new camaro LS

hi guys im new and i just got it like 2 weeks ago but i need some info from u veteran guys. everyday i keep finding new things i didnt know it had which is pretty awesome. i used to drive old crappy cars (geo storm, vw bettle, and an old z28)where almost nothing worked so im really liking everything like power doors/locks ect, working radio system, working car dash controls, pretty much everything my old cars never had lol but my question is i was gonna get a portable battery pack/ compressor for emergency and i noticed the spare kit that thing with the goo in the trunk looks like it has an air compressor but im not sure if its just for the goo stuff. can u guys let me know? also i though it had 2 battteries lol one in the front and one in the back cuz im used to cars having it in the front, but i double checked and theres no battery in the front

pardon my bad grammar/ writing too, i know, it sucks
scuzzbag87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 03:01 PM   #2
jwoair23

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
I don't know about the tire kit because I have a spare tire but as for the battery there is only one in the trunk. Helps to distribute weight and also to prolong the batteries life keeping it out of the hot engine bay.
jwoair23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 03:11 PM   #3
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010, Rally Yellow, Black stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwoair23 View Post
I don't know about the tire kit because I have a spare tire but as for the battery there is only one in the trunk. Helps to distribute weight and also to prolong the batteries life keeping it out of the hot engine bay.
It seems to work, also. In Phoenix, I never had a car go 3 years on one battery. My 3 year old one in the Camaro is still going strong.
Bonanza7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 03:19 PM   #4
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
Quote:
I'll buy the temp thing, but I seriously doubt it has anything to do with weight.
jd10013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 03:47 PM   #5
Doraemon

Drives: 2011 IBM 2LT/RS
Yup, I use the compressor all the time. It's loud as hell though.
Doraemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 03:51 PM   #6
jwoair23

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd10013 View Post
I'll buy the temp thing, but I seriously doubt it has anything to do with weight.
Believe what you will but here is one article mentioning it:
http://www.popularhotrodding.com/fea...o/viewall.html

From the article:

The battery is mounted where the spare tire normally goes--in the trunk at the bottom of the spare tire well. This helps give the Camaro an near ideal 52/48 weight distribution. Chevy provides a positive power terminal under the hood for charging and jump starting, so unless you physically need to change the battery, you can access it from under the hood.
jwoair23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 03:53 PM   #7
Jordo1177

Drives: 2012 Imperial Blue 1LS
I know there are a few new cars that are placing the batteries in the trunk area. Some old ones too. It is for weight distribution and heat. Have to remember that 90% of the design of your car is shared with the SS, so its feasible that they would do this for weight distribution and handling. Batteries are heavy lol. Don't want all the weight over the front tires. As for the air compressor I think it is just a normal air compressor. I have the spare tire kit though so I can't say for sure. Congrats on your car! I've had my LS for a year now and I've loved every second of it!
Jordo1177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 04:03 PM   #8
scuzzbag87

Quote:
Believe what you will but here is one article mentioning it:
http://www.popularhotrodding.com/fea...o/viewall.html

From the article:

The battery is mounted where the spare tire normally goes--in the trunk at the bottom of the spare tire well. This helps give the Camaro an near ideal 52/48 weight distribution. Chevy provides a positive power terminal under the hood for charging and jump starting, so unless you physically need to change the battery, you can access it from under the hood.
Cool I did not know that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordo1177 View Post
I know there are a few new cars that are placing the batteries in the trunk area. Some old ones too. It is for weight distribution and heat. Have to remember that 90% of the design of your car is shared with the SS, so its feasible that they would do this for weight distribution and handling. Batteries are heavy lol. Don't want all the weight over the front tires. As for the air compressor I think it is just a normal air compressor. I have the spare tire kit though so I can't say for sure. Congrats on your car! I've had my LS for a year now and I've loved every second of it!
Loving every second too. Finally a car where EVERYTHING works lol

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
Old 05-10-2013, 04:08 PM   #9
NFERGY 2011 RJT

Drives: 2011 2LT RJT
congrats on your new ride
Old 05-10-2013, 04:38 PM   #10
cadyshac
It's in the hole!

Drives: '11 2SS L99 SGM, '18 2SS, M6, HWSE
The compressor inflates your tire, the goo stops the leak.
cadyshac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 04:53 PM   #11
scuzzbag87

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadyshac View Post
The compressor inflates your tire, the goo stops the leak.
Yea I know that. I just wanted to make sure it was an air compressor and not just one that has to work in conjunction with delivering the goo stuff. Could I use this to inflate the tires if the air pressure in the tires goes down? Cuz I was gonna buy one of those emergency battery/air compressor pack for emergencies

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2