Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 11-30-2013, 12:14 AM   #1
cwahl

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS1 RS M6
Does your trunk leak? Covered under warranty?

Hello guys.

I live in az where rain is infrequent to say the least. Last weekend we received rain for 3 days off and on. Yesterday I went to vacuum my trunk and found the matt to be wet to the touch. I wanted to confirm that this itself is not normal. Also, should this be covered under warranty?
BOO4OSU is a 2011 Camaro SS1/ RS LS3 M6 equipped with an SLP short throw shifter, ADM Race CAI and skoop kit, Rotoform washer relocation kit. Taylor 10.4 mm wires, SLP SS badge kit, ARH Headers & Full ARH Exhaust, 2SS center gauges and steering wheel controls from GM, Fore Performance Fuel System, Pegasus Solid Subframe Bushings, Bilstein B 16 Coil Overs, z28 shock bushings, Full Hotchkis Sport Suspension, and Stainless Brake Lines.

Tuned by Cordes Performance- Tempe, Az (407 WHP and 407 WTQ).
cwahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 12:56 AM   #2
S3XPanther
by Odeon

Drives: '12 SS/RS A6 IOM SOLD, '13 1LE IOM
No, definitely not normal. Yes, the warranty should cover it.

"Some say it's a waste of time, others say it's an incredible waste of time."

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

2013 IOM SS/RS - 1LE. Born 5/6/2013 (1 of 32 1SS IOM 1LE's)
S3XPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 11:32 AM   #3
Baldman
EMERALD COAST CAMAROS

Drives: None
Does your Camaro have a sunroof? If you do the drain line could be worn or come off.
Old 11-30-2013, 12:01 PM   #4
Goober
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro
Mine does. My trunk monkey likes to take a bath in there.
Goober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 02:00 PM   #5
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Hello,

This does not sound like normal operation of the vehicle. If the issue is found to be a defect in materials or workmanship, it will be covered under the bumper to bumper warranty, if this warranty is still in effect for the vehicle. Please let me know if you would like assistance in scheduling a dealership appointment. I would be happy to do so! You may send a private message at any time with your name, address, phone number, VIN, mileage, and name of preferred dealership. Thank you!

Jessica
Chevrolet Customer Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwahl View Post
Hello guys.

I live in az where rain is infrequent to say the least. Last weekend we received rain for 3 days off and on. Yesterday I went to vacuum my trunk and found the matt to be wet to the touch. I wanted to confirm that this itself is not normal. Also, should this be covered under warranty?
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 06:14 PM   #6
Texas_RS

Drives: 2013 1LE/SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldman View Post
Does your Camaro have a sunroof? If you do the drain line could be worn or come off.
This! My drain lines from sunroof came apart and filled the whole battery area with water...., zip tied it back together and it's an easy fix!
Texas_RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 09:27 AM   #7
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
Mine experiences a LOT of water... wash the car 3+ times each week, and winter here brings a lot of rain and snow, including soggy slush sitting on the car quite frequently. Never gotten a drop of water inside the trunk, though... point being, a wet trunk is not normal, and there IS some way to fix it.
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 09:50 AM   #8
sloSS

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS RS LS3
No leaks here
sloSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 09:53 AM   #9
Eric Baker

Drives: Black/Black 2SS/RS 6M
I had this issue once as well, and agree with the above comments on the sunroof drains if you have one. The drain lines come from the sunroof into the trunk at the two forward corners, where they slip into rubber fittings to drain under the bottom edge of the rear glass. Mine dislodged once on the right side, and all I did was slip it pack together firmly. No problems since, about 3 years.
Eric Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 10:06 AM   #10
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
I remember a thread where someone said the wire cable for the trunk release would sometimes come loose or shift and rub a hole in the weather stripping. Make sure yours has not done that. And it should be covered under warranty unless you damaged the weatherstripping yourself.
Old 12-01-2013, 02:53 PM   #11
bb040

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS red jewl tintcoat
if your car has a sun roof look up above where you found the leak in the trunk there should be a black hose going into an elbow this is the drain for the sun roof ..if it is loose... plug it back in... mine came loose and leaked all over the trunk..plugged it back in and it stopped..hope this helps
Old 01-12-2014, 07:28 PM   #12
Tim Dula

Drives: 2010 2LT RS
Jessica, Would you please email me? tds@blueridge.net I need your help.
Tim Dula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 09:39 PM   #13
BubbaSS
WHAT RED LIGHT?!

Drives: 2011 Black Camaro 2SS/RS M6
My trunk started leaking recently...no sunroof :\
2011 2SS/RS M6 BLACK - VARARAM NO TUNE INTAKE, MODDED AND PORTED TB, PORTED INTAKE MANIFOLD, VITESSE THROTTLE CONTROLLER, DOUG THORLEY LT'S, CATLESS, X-PIPE, 25" STAINLESS WORKS RETRO CHAMBERED MUFFLERS, CUSTOM 2.5" MANDREL BENT EXHAUST, RICHMOND 4.10 GEARS, CUSTOM CAM (231/242 @ 114LSA), MUSTANG DYNO TUNED BY TORQ, 20% CERAMIC TINTS, EIBACH PROKIT SPRINGS 1" DROP, HAWK PERFORMANCE CERAMIC BRAKES, NITTO INVO TIRES, HYDROCARBON TAIL LIGHT AND FOG LIGHT BEZELS BY EMBLEMPROS, METRA DASH KIT, JVC KW-AV71BT, PHOENIX GOLD iAMP GM1, PASSPORT QI45 - 450 RWHP 415 RWTQ
BubbaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 02:21 PM   #14
MrFrost

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS M6 - "Mabel"
The carpet was wet in my trunk the day I bought it. Didn't actually touch the carpet when I was looking at the car, but when I got home, I found it wet. Looked on C5 for possible problems and learned about the drain lines. Looked at mine and noticed they were bent down too far. Tied them back with wire ties into proper position and it stopped. Took about 2 days for carpet liner to dry in my garage hanging up. I also used a roll of paper towels to dry all water around battery and then left trunk open make sure it dried complete.
No problems since then
MrFrost is offline   Reply With Quote