Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 11-19-2008, 02:34 PM   #1
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Des Moines, IA dealer questions

Well first off, the Holmes Chevrolet dealer in Norwalk doesn't even realize that they can accept pre-orders... I was shocked enough that I didn't feel like correcting them. Bob Brown will take pre-orders and stated they WILL be selling at MSRP.

Now when I went to pre-order my 2LT there, they didn't have any pricing available, nor did they have options to add the intake and exhaust to my order, which I've decided against getting anyway. So is it normal for dealerships to not have price estimates? I mean, I have a good idea of what it will cost from reading the numerous threads on this site, but I'd like to know that the dealership knows their stuff too....
Old 11-19-2008, 03:03 PM   #2
Txturbo
Keeper of the Faith

Drives: 2001 Z28 Agressively
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokinarrow View Post
Well first off, the Holmes Chevrolet dealer in Norwalk doesn't even realize that they can accept pre-orders... I was shocked enough that I didn't feel like correcting them. Bob Brown will take pre-orders and stated they WILL be selling at MSRP.

Now when I went to pre-order my 2LT there, they didn't have any pricing available, nor did they have options to add the intake and exhaust to my order, which I've decided against getting anyway. So is it normal for dealerships to not have price estimates? I mean, I have a good idea of what it will cost from reading the numerous threads on this site, but I'd like to know that the dealership knows their stuff too....
The pricing hasn't been officially released to the dealers through the normal channels. That will happen during the Dec. IDL. As of now, the intake and exhaust options are only available from GMPP, not as LPOs from the factory.

2010 Camaro SS R6P
2001 Camaro Z28
1969 Camaro SS clone

Txturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 03:57 PM   #3
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Cool, thanks.