Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

Old 10-01-2012, 06:28 PM   #4425
ssummit camaro

Drives: 2013 1LE on order TPW 12/31
I got my car and the first week I Clayed and washed it, and since many coats of wax afterwards. The paint is cured especially after taking delivery. Now if you have any paint work done after you received due to a accident then most shops will tell you to wait 90 days before applying any wax.
Old 10-01-2012, 06:32 PM   #4426
ssummit camaro

Drives: 2013 1LE on order TPW 12/31
Nothing wrong with waxing all the lens. When I do mine everything gets waxed except for the black plastic pieces.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xfactors View Post
When I got my $100 worth of cleaning and detailing products from Walmart, I got the Meguiar's Clay kit. I was going to use it before I waxed my car, but my paint was so smooth, I decided to blow off claybaring my car. I waxed it with Meguiar's Hi-Tech Yellow wax #26. I was very happy with the result. I received the car 2 weeks ago, so hopefully the paint won't mess up. Right now my car looks pretty good. I don't mean to brag, but right now it looks kind of awesome.

I even waxed the inside and outside of my 2 tail pipes. That cleaned up the inside of my tail pipes very well. Do this last, because all the soot from inside the tail pipes comes off on the rag with the wax on it.

I also waxed my windows on the outside. I don't know if that will do anything, but thought I'd give it a shot. I also waxed my lens covers for my head lights, and tail lights. I kind of went nuts with the wax.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:48 AM   #4427
Mysteek
Lounge Gangsta!!

Drives: 2014 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Quote:
Originally Posted by xfactors View Post
I'm lucky. When I bought my car, it didn't have swirls. My car has very few scratches, and you can barely see them. You have to get real close. When you just look at my car, you won't see any swirls or scratches. You have to get up real close, to see just a few small scratches, in very few places. I saw them when I was waxing, but they're not bad. My car shines so much, it's turning heads. I'm not joking.

Oh I bet!! Nothing sexier than a black Camaro all shined up!!! One can't help but stare. Now, when they start drooling over it too closely is when you need to . I need to get to mine again, she needs work ESPECIALLY after the rain we got. Poor baby is all water spotted.
Mysteek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:09 AM   #4428
Bubbly Bee

Drives: Camaro LT Rally Yellow
Hello Everybody, Just joined this week.
Bubbly Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:11 AM   #4429
Mysteek
Lounge Gangsta!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbly Bee View Post
Hello Everybody, Just joined this week.
Hai!! Welcome to our thread!!

How long have you been a lurker before you joined?!?

We are having a meet and greet this Thursday at Hooters, you should come!!
Old 10-02-2012, 10:19 AM   #4430
Bubbly Bee

I will be there!
Old 10-02-2012, 10:22 AM   #4431
Inferno Z

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Vortech Supercharged
Welcome, glad you joined.
Inferno Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:31 AM   #4432
Mysteek
Lounge Gangsta!!

Quote:
I will be there!
Awesome!!!

So, when did you get your car??
Old 10-02-2012, 10:36 AM   #4433
Bubbly Bee

Not to long. I work with Inferno z and he convinced me to join
Old 10-02-2012, 10:38 AM   #4434
Inferno Z

I see everybody has been talking about car detail work. I use to do that back in the day. I have tons of techniques and supplies. Let me know if anybody has questions.
Old 10-02-2012, 10:45 AM   #4435
Mysteek
Lounge Gangsta!!

Quote:
Not to long. I work with Inferno z and he convinced me to join
Oh, cool!! Glad he talked you into it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno Z View Post
I see everybody has been talking about car detail work. I use to do that back in the day. I have tons of techniques and supplies. Let me know if anybody has questions.
What supplies do you use?
Old 10-02-2012, 12:41 PM   #4436
Inferno Z

Just about everything for supplies. It really depends on the the condition of the paint and clear coat. Clay bars, rubbing compounds, polish, waxes are all good methods. The problem I found with clay bar is people used it wrong or used a dirty bar. I have even used wet 1000 to 1400 grit sand paper to erase small surface scratches. 1400 grit wet sand paper if properly used works extremely well on stubborn swirl marks. Orbital waxer works awesome as well as long as you use it properly. All my vehicles get 9 to 10 synthetic base waxes a year, with 2 to 3 polish wax per year. The synthetic base wax is not abrasive at all. Its design to protect the care for environmental elements only. I have a 2007 Nissan Xterra which I have been pretty rough with and the paint is still as smooth as a baby's ass.
Old 10-02-2012, 12:44 PM   #4437
Mysteek
Lounge Gangsta!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno Z View Post
Just about everything for supplies. It really depends on the the condition of the paint and clear coat. Clay bars, rubbing compounds, polish, waxes are all good methods. The problem I found with clay bar is people used it wrong or used a dirty bar. I have even used wet 1000 to 1400 grit sand paper to erase small surface scratches. 1400 grit wet sand paper if properly used works extremely well on stubborn swirl marks. Orbital waxer works awesome as well as long as you use it properly. All my vehicles get 9 to 10 synthetic base waxes a year, with 2 to 3 polish wax per year. The synthetic base wax is not abrasive at all. Its design to protect the care for environmental elements only. I have a 2007 Nissan Xterra which I have been pretty rough with and the paint is still as smooth as a baby's ass.
No shit!!

Any specific brand you prefer?

Man, I seriously need to find the time to get to my car. It's gonna look like shit compared to all of yours. She needs some lovin'!
Old 10-02-2012, 02:05 PM   #4438
Char1ieone
Fear the Red Bow Tie

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
TIME CHANGE!

Thursday, October 4th, 2012
HOOTERS All-Gen Camaro Car Show-Off
Hooters: 3530 Foothills Rd, Las Cruces, NM

Hooters is having their mo.nthly Camaro Show-Off at their establishment in Las Cruces again and are gladly providing 10% off everything on their menu, except alcohol. Bring your Camaro, the older the better, and let's fill this parking lot and our bellies at 6:30PM. We will meet at the Pic Quick on University and I-25, Get off Exit 1 for those coming from EP, at 6PM and caravan together to Hooters.

MEMBERS:
char1ieone (LC)
SSRS2010 (LC)
Randle (LC)
Mysteek (LC)
Kyle (LC)
Andy (LC)
Bubbly Bee (LC)
Inferno Z (LC)
danvillekidd (Alamogordo)

Last edited by Char1ieone; 10-02-2012 at 04:45 PM.
Char1ieone is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
everyone loves gigachip, giga's sister is crazy!! lol!!, gigachip is awesome, gigachip iz silly, gigachip loves clay aiken, gigachip s rediculous, i laugh at gigachip, offset is marobody2001