Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Members Classifieds - Parts for sale or wanted > Autos For Sale / Wanted

Old 08-31-2011, 08:58 PM   #29
talwell

Drives: 1969 LS1 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by GEEo View Post
so your saying you would get this rather than a brand new ZL1?

If the ZL1 sells for $45k for $5k more than this S/C SS you get a car thats as fast as this S/C SS but brand new never been used and with warranty.

This S/C SS is a ticking time bomb IMO (no offense op) because the stock LS engine internals is not built for boost. anytime this car could go boom and your left to fix the car out of your pocket cuz it doesn't have a warranty. unlike the ZL1 if it blows up you have warranty. but if your willing to pay and take the risk if the motor blows up. then go ahead.

If this S/C SS is built like your car its a different story.

also if the car is putting down 604whp hows that 700hp at the crank?? isn't the difference of FWHP and WHP is only 50-60 hp?

OP I'm not h8ting on your thread I'm just curious.

Good luck on your sale!
I think some of your information is incorrect. First off - this car will be faster than the ZL1 based on what we see of the car to date. As well, we do not know the price of the ZL1 but dont expect it to be selling for $45k - I would expect high $40's to start plus the premium that will be on the car for the first year or so.

As well, you say these LS motors are not made for boost. Apparently you do not read much as these motors are making a huge amount more HP than my car and still holding together perfectly fine. Speed Inc. is experts with LS based motors and that is why we kept this car where it is - it is not pushing the limits of the motor and unless someone does something very wrong there is no reason this motor will not last as long as an non-supercharged motor.

This car was not build in a back yard or driveway - this was built by experts that have extensive history in building high hp cars.

The ZL1 is sure to be an amazing car but it will be expensive and they will be hard to get. This car is as brand new without even break in miles on it. Not only that, but I have the title in hand and all the upgrades are basically free and anyone that wants it can turn the key tomorrow and drive it home. I also will personally guarantee that this car is faster than a stock ZL1 car.

As for the HP rating - the car has pulled a best of 610rwhp w. 15% loss in drivetrain comes out to 701hp. This is before the motor is loosened up and broken in. I am sure once it is loosened up it will find a few more hp hiding in there.
talwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 08:59 PM   #30
SUX2BU
Quit being a pu$$y

Drives: FAST
Quote:
so your saying you would get this rather than a brand new ZL1?

If the ZL1 sells for $45k for $5k more than this S/C SS you get a car thats as fast as this S/C SS but brand new never been used and with warranty.

This S/C SS is a ticking time bomb IMO (no offense op) because the stock LS engine internals is not built for boost. anytime this car could go boom and your left to fix the car out of your pocket cuz it doesn't have a warranty. unlike the ZL1 if it blows up you have warranty. but if your willing to pay and take the risk if the motor blows up. then go ahead.

If this S/C SS is built like your car its a different story.

also if the car is putting down 604whp hows that 700hp at the crank?? isn't the difference of FWHP and WHP is only 50-60 hp?

OP I'm not h8ting on your thread I'm just curious.

Good luck on your sale!
The guy is asking $40k. A ZL1 will run you about $55K out the door (people who think a ZL1 will be less than mid 50s out the door have another thing coming). Given the choice i would much rather buy this car and have an extra $15K in my pocket. Warranties are for chumps. I voided my warranty the first month I had my car. The ZL1 won't have forged internals just like the LS3. To me the ZL1 is not worth the $$$. I would rather build my own car that will out perform in for thousands less.

700 hp minus the 14% drivetrain loss for a manual is 602 rwhp. You need to do more research on how dynos work if you think every car has a difference of 50-60 hp from flywheel to rear wheel.

I would be VERY surprised if the ZL1 dynos close to 500 rwhp. This car already has 100 RWHP over that!
SUX2BU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 09:52 PM   #31
GEEo
OKCamaros

Drives: 4 banger Diesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by talwell View Post
I think some of your information is incorrect. First off - this car will be faster than the ZL1 based on what we see of the car to date. As well, we do not know the price of the ZL1 but dont expect it to be selling for $45k - I would expect high $40's to start plus the premium that will be on the car for the first year or so.

As well, you say these LS motors are not made for boost. Apparently you do not read much as these motors are making a huge amount more HP than my car and still holding together perfectly fine. Speed Inc. is experts with LS based motors and that is why we kept this car where it is - it is not pushing the limits of the motor and unless someone does something very wrong there is no reason this motor will not last as long as an non-supercharged motor.

This car was not build in a back yard or driveway - this was built by experts that have extensive history in building high hp cars.

The ZL1 is sure to be an amazing car but it will be expensive and they will be hard to get. This car is as brand new without even break in miles on it. Not only that, but I have the title in hand and all the upgrades are basically free and anyone that wants it can turn the key tomorrow and drive it home. I also will personally guarantee that this car is faster than a stock ZL1 car.

As for the HP rating - the car has pulled a best of 610rwhp w. 15% loss in drivetrain comes out to 701hp. This is before the motor is loosened up and broken in. I am sure once it is loosened up it will find a few more hp hiding in there.
I'm not saying that the ZL1 will sell for $45k thats why I said If it sells for $45k. also I said as fast as your car not faster.

and for the motor part I personally would not take the risk of it blowing up. The stock LS motor is not built for boost. anytime something could go wrong cuz its not made for that. I know there's cars out there the have high HP on stock internals but thats a ticking time bomb that motor could blow up anytime.

If you see someone putting down over 700whp on stock internals that say yea mine holds up just fine. you never know maybe he drive's that car 5 mi every two weeks and drive's the car slower than a grandma. thats why It hasn't blown up yet.

But if you see someone putting 650-700whp on stock internals that drives the car like hell that holds up for 6 months to a year. maybe he's just lucky it hasn't blow up yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUX2BU View Post
The guy is asking $40k. A ZL1 will run you about $55K out the door (people who think a ZL1 will be less than mid 50s out the door have another thing coming). Given the choice i would much rather buy this car and have an extra $15K in my pocket. Warranties are for chumps. I voided my warranty the first month I had my car. The ZL1 won't have forged internals just like the LS3. To me the ZL1 is not worth the $$$. I would rather build my own car that will out perform in for thousands less.

700 hp minus the 14% drivetrain loss for a manual is 602 rwhp. You need to do more research on how dynos work if you think every car has a difference of 50-60 hp from flywheel to rear wheel.

I would be VERY surprised if the ZL1 dynos close to 500 rwhp. This car already has 100 RWHP over that!
even if the ZL1 sells for $50k or more I would rather buy a car thats more reliable. and everybody is not like you yea you voided your warranty in one month of ownership of your car. but thats you. your lucky your car is not like the others. you can ask my friend Carlos (here's our website www.5GCRGV.com) If he didn't have the warranty he'd be dead broke right now. he's car has been in the shop multiple times for the first 2-3 weeks of he purchase because the car just keep breaking down. yes its a brand new '11 SS. so I don't think warranties are for chumps.

I have to disagree with you on the ZL1 not having forged internal. GM would not put a S/C w/o a forged internals. I they didn't put forged internal on the ZL1 the car would have many engine problems and many people would be claiming their warranties and thats not good for business cuz GM has to spend money and having a car just released to public and would have engine blowing up problems that would be a bad publicity for them. GM is smarter than that. Also not everybody wants to build or mod their cars. most of the people that would buy the ZL1 will buy the ZL1 because of the WOW factor and its S/C 556hp from the factory with warranty.

I don't really know much on Dyno's thats why I was asking. I was not stating.
GEEo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 10:19 PM   #32
shevyman

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS IOM
ok guys enough with battling out the difference between a zl1 and this car.

i see the op's point, there are people out there who still would love to get a hold of a new camaro. not everyone wants the zl1. but i do agree that with the price he is selling it for is a good price. but i to would probably ask for 5k off since the car has no warranty and if something did go wrong i have the extra 5k to fix it.

i know there has been a lot of posts of these cars breaking rear ends and blowing out clutch's on stock motors, so who says it wont happen with the extra power? so i am just saying.

i understand you dropped a good amount of money into the car, but what i do not get is if you are not driving it a lot then why did you put so much money into it.
shevyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 10:26 PM   #33
2010abmss

Drives: 2010 ABM SS
This is an extremely beautiful car I would most definitely buy this if I had the money. I'm leaving for Afghanistan in a couple of months as a Gov Contractor, I could pay cash for this after a month of working there, if you still have it by that time ill take it off your hands. Until then good luck with the sale
Old 08-31-2011, 10:30 PM   #34
talwell

I bought and built the car because that is what I wanted. I dont have to drive it much to enjoy it. I grew up in a family with nothing so when I am able to do things I get a sense of satisfaction out of it.

And all this talk of no warranty - the car has a warranty. The drivetrain may not be covered any longer but if you even install a CAI on your car they can void you. Might as well build it and enjoy it rather than being scared of the GM warranty.

I would say that in my opinion 75% of the cars that have had issues are related to the owner or someone who worked on the vehicle. These cars are not expensive to work on so if or when stuff breaks just fix it - build it the way you want and enjoy it.
Old 09-01-2011, 07:07 AM   #35
shevyman

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS IOM
Quote:
I bought and built the car because that is what I wanted. I dont have to drive it much to enjoy it. I grew up in a family with nothing so when I am able to do things I get a sense of satisfaction out of it.

And all this talk of no warranty - the car has a warranty. The drivetrain may not be covered any longer but if you even install a CAI on your car they can void you. Might as well build it and enjoy it rather than being scared of the GM warranty.

I would say that in my opinion 75% of the cars that have had issues are related to the owner or someone who worked on the vehicle. These cars are not expensive to work on so if or when stuff breaks just fix it - build it the way you want and enjoy it.
i get what you are saying. but i know a few people get the car cause of the warranty. but i also have read where cars were stock no beating and things were breaking.

but i do understand that you get what you can and enjoy it. i mean i had to work for my cars to and what ever i could afford to put on them i did.

either way i think your car is a really nice car, the mods sound sick and trust me i wish i had 600whp on my car.
shevyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 07:21 AM   #36
papabearcamaro

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Silverado 4x4 Z71
Quote:

Could not have said it better myself.
SOLD(Traded for 2012 Silverado Z71 4x4 and 2012 Sonic Hatch.)...2010 Camaro 1SS/RS/LS3,yellow with House of Kolor Tangerine Pearl rally stripes,manual trans.Hurst short throw shifter,4 pack rally gauges,Roto-Fab air intake,Kooks long tube headers with high-flow cats,Borla S-Type catback exhaust,Comp Cam,PRC ported heads,Maggie with 3.6 pulley and 1:1 cog drive,secondary fuel system with 65lb injectors,ADM digital A/F and Boost gauge,Pfadt trailing arms and subframe bushings.614.25rwhp/566.82rwtq on 8# of boost.

2012 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 EX.Cab 4X4 Z71.
papabearcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 10:00 PM   #37
talwell

Price adjusted to $39k. I am still open to muscle car trades. Please no low balls as I would like to sell the car but I do not have to sell the car.
Old 09-01-2011, 11:00 PM   #38
SUX2BU
Quit being a pu$$y

Drives: FAST
Quote:
I have to disagree with you on the ZL1 not having forged internal. GM would not put a S/C w/o a forged internals. I they didn't put forged internal on the ZL1 the car would have many engine problems and many people would be claiming their warranties and thats not good for business cuz GM has to spend money and having a car just released to public and would have engine blowing up problems that would be a bad publicity for them. GM is smarter than that.
You do realize the ZL1 is basically getting the LSA motor fron the supercharged CTS-V. While it does have a forged crank it DOES NOT have forged pistons or rods and those are the forged internals you want with a lot of horsepower.
SUX2BU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 11:41 PM   #39
2010 SS RS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM Black Polished
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUX2BU View Post
You do realize the ZL1 is basically getting the LSA motor fron the supercharged CTS-V. While it does have a forged crank it DOES NOT have forged pistons or rods and those are the forged internals you want with a lot of horsepower.
Totally agree but the power level of 560 crank HP of the LSa does not really need to be forged to hold up..And the pully will not be interchangable or for that matter even removeable so the ZL1 folks will be bummed when they find they are still slower than a stock Vette running just the ls3.

I cant tell you how much I learned about the insides of a ls3 in the last year but can certainly say that CR must be lowered and forged internals along with fuel delivery are some of the very basic components to building a blown engine

To keep on topic and to support the OP and his asking price. Clearly his price is right in line with where it should be. Will internals need to be done? yes but thats why his price is where it is. Heck for all intents and purposes its a brand new car right off the showroom and has 9K in upgrades. Which is a great start to a full on build. It seems like some expect something for nothing or for him to sell for the price of a stock SS.. That is totally crazy. Talwell is one of the good guys and this car has been totally babied since day one. And comparisons to ZL1 is even crazier. For far less money you could add the effects, hood, new paint and throw a complete pfadt suspension under it and have 230 more RWHP so please dont talk like the ZL1 is such a better deal...it is not. And until you have the chance to drive a Camaro with over 600 RWHP you might as well be comparing the V6 to the SS because the Zl1 and this car will be as vastly different.
418 Stroker, 621RWHP 648 lbs TORQUE Built by Laramie GM Auto Center Tuned by Nick at Mac Autosport. EForce SC, 2 3/4pulley,LPE dual fuel pump, JRE Twin fuel rail upgrade, posi clutch kit, RX oilcatch can and breather, Callies Compstar crankshaft and rods, Racing bearings, CP -13.8 race pistons, steel rings, Comp Cams X6 blower cam, Springs, HD timing chain and tensioner, Doug Thorley Tri Y LT headers, 89.7lb injectors, RPM rollbar, DSS1400 shafts, Simpson 5 pt harness, BMR Toe rods and trailing arms, led lights, RPM input and output shafts
2010 SS RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 11:54 PM   #40
talwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SS RS View Post
Totally agree but the power level of 560 crank HP of the LSa does not really need to be forged to hold up..And the pully will not be interchangable or for that matter even removeable so the ZL1 folks will be bummed when they find they are still slower than a stock Vette running just the ls3.

I cant tell you how much I learned about the insides of a ls3 in the last year but can certainly say that CR must be lowered and forged internals along with fuel delivery are some of the very basic components to building a blown engine

To keep on topic and to support the OP and his asking price. Clearly his price is right in line with where it should be. Will internals need to be done? yes but thats why his price is where it is. Heck for all intents and purposes its a brand new car right off the showroom and has 9K in upgrades. Which is a great start to a full on build. It seems like some expect something for nothing or for him to sell for the price of a stock SS.. That is totally crazy. Talwell is one of the good guys and this car has been totally babied since day one. And comparisons to ZL1 is even crazier. For far less money you could add the effects, hood, new paint and throw a complete pfadt suspension under it and have 230 more RWHP so please dont talk like the ZL1 is such a better deal...it is not. And until you have the chance to drive a Camaro with over 600 RWHP you might as well be comparing the V6 to the SS because the Zl1 and this car will be as vastly different.
Thanks for the kind words - only thing is that it is not $9k in work for free, it is $15k for free. I bought the best of everything - the Stainless Works exhaust alone is just shy of $3k. Speed Inc. made sure we did everything right. This is just not a stock 2SS with a TVS2300 dropped on it, I have done the entire valvetrain, cam, exhaust, induction and fuel system.
Old 09-02-2011, 12:12 AM   #41
2010 SS RS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM Black Polished
Quote:
Thanks for the kind words - only thing is that it is not $9k in work for free, it is $15k for free. I bought the best of everything - the Stainless Works exhaust alone is just shy of $3k. Speed Inc. made sure we did everything right. This is just not a stock 2SS with a TVS2300 dropped on it, I have done the entire valvetrain, cam, exhaust, induction and fuel system.
Ahhhh. sorry bout that.. I was just boiling over about the Zl1 fanclub chiming in here when they are really clueless. Top that off and I am getting the same feedback from guys wanting something for nothing......When they are already getting thousands and thousands off the investment. I remember when you were building... Heck I remember when you got your car for that matter...lol
418 Stroker, 621RWHP 648 lbs TORQUE Built by Laramie GM Auto Center Tuned by Nick at Mac Autosport. EForce SC, 2 3/4pulley,LPE dual fuel pump, JRE Twin fuel rail upgrade, posi clutch kit, RX oilcatch can and breather, Callies Compstar crankshaft and rods, Racing bearings, CP -13.8 race pistons, steel rings, Comp Cams X6 blower cam, Springs, HD timing chain and tensioner, Doug Thorley Tri Y LT headers, 89.7lb injectors, RPM rollbar, DSS1400 shafts, Simpson 5 pt harness, BMR Toe rods and trailing arms, led lights, RPM input and output shafts
2010 SS RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 08:10 AM   #42
BoostedX2

Drives: VR ZL1 #259/Nissan 370Z NISMO
If my son did not insist I keep my 69Z I would trade you straight up!
BoostedX2 is offline   Reply With Quote