Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Other Generations > 4th Generation Camaros

Old 05-24-2012, 05:07 AM   #1
TFord
Camaro Fanatic

Drives: 2000 Z28
Send a message via Yahoo to TFord
Angry Just found out I got screwed!

So a while back I bought a LS1 block that was decked and honed to 3.905 for 625 shipped. To my untrained eye the block looked great and it was a great deal. I'm trying to get the build done and my builder got back to me and said it looks like they used big shots of nitros and broke #7 sleeve. The seller repaired it but the block was too damaged and craked, they tried to pin the crack but it was a shit repair and won't seal. also #4 main cap fell out when he unbolted it. I can get a new LS6 for 750, but I've also gotta get it machined. Sometimes I feel like if it wasn't for bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck at all.
TFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 05:52 AM   #2
Zabo
Gunning for Sixth

Drives: '03 ZR2 Blazer
This is why I always bank on looking into junkyard motors that are complete first off, at least when you strip it bare you aren't spending much in the first place and also have total.. well most control over how the build goes (9qts of oil eating LQ4 in a procharger build made me rewrite that..). Lord knows what a bare block was used for prior to being stripped to bare.
Zabo is offline   Reply With Quote