Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 02-02-2012, 06:34 PM   #183
95birdible

Drives: 2012 1SS Camaro Convertible
Trust me on this one that all the major publications have been emailed the stories of our top. Some of you from the Facebook site know what is going on with my daughter. When my rep called I wasn't available again cause I was talking to Fox 26 in Houston for my daughters interview. When I told her that she got all nervous. We need a big media outlet in Detroit to bring this attention out there. All we want is answers. Get a few owners with problems and get Chevy to rebute. Anyone in Detroit or another market want to try? I hit them all up here in Minnesota but nobody bit on it. Just a thought

And by the way TIB. Nice post
"Green Flash"
95birdible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 05:20 PM   #184
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010, Rally Yellow, Black stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95birdible View Post
Trust me on this one that all the major publications have been emailed the stories of our top. Some of you from the Facebook site know what is going on with my daughter. When my rep called I wasn't available again cause I was talking to Fox 26 in Houston for my daughters interview. When I told her that she got all nervous. We need a big media outlet in Detroit to bring this attention out there. All we want is answers. Get a few owners with problems and get Chevy to rebute. Anyone in Detroit or another market want to try? I hit them all up here in Minnesota but nobody bit on it. Just a thought

And by the way TIB. Nice post
How about 60 Minutes?
Bonanza7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 05:39 PM   #185
95birdible

Drives: 2012 1SS Camaro Convertible
I sent the info to my contact in Houston to see if there investigative reporter would like doing a story for sweeps. We shall see if he gets back to me.
"Green Flash"
95birdible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 07:42 PM   #186
angrykiller1

Drives: 2011 2ss inferno orange convertible
the dealers can be great folks... but they can't fix a design flaw or flaws.
angrykiller1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 07:46 PM   #187
angrykiller1

poor old mechanic, on his level, simply can not fix a design flaw. i like me some g.m. cars. the folks here making light of our issues dont even have a new camaro vert or they would be all of a sudden, one of the biggest g.m. bashers. so just concider the source i guess.
Old 02-03-2012, 07:46 PM   #188
Lee123

Drives: 2012 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95birdible View Post
I sent the info to my contact in Houston to see if there investigative reporter would like doing a story for sweeps. We shall see if he gets back to me.
Best of luck with that. Sincerely. Even though my top's not broken yet I appreciate your efforts. I don't expect much interest from the big time media, though. If a bow broke while driving down the freeway and it impaled a passenger in the eye they'd be all over it. Especially if it was a kid whose only sibling had been killed by some other GM product last summer. But as it is all we've got is a bunch of people with defective $43,000 cars from a manufacturer who can't figure out how to build a dependable convertible top. No blood, no guts, no story. I hope I'm wrong.
Lee123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 07:48 PM   #189
angrykiller1

we could find a dead hooker and hang a bow number 5 in her eye, that might work....
Old 02-03-2012, 09:17 PM   #190
Drago77
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: 19 2SS vert, Mosaic Blk, A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by angrykiller1 View Post
we could find a dead hooker and hang a bow number 5 in her eye, that might work....
No wonder your name is "Angrykiller1", lol
Drago77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 09:23 PM   #191
jmaryt

Drives: 2010 cgm LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Folks...it doesn't help...and I don't like typing it....

But please remember you're issues are in the minority. It goes without saying that no manufacturer can produce something 100% flawless 100% of the time. It's a fact inherent to every mass-produced and even hand-built products.

Now, that does NOT discredit your issues, and I'm not trying to do so. When I read messages like the OP's...I just feel obligated to bring a little perspective to the conversation, and I think you're all highly intelligent people capable of seeing it.

You're all encouraged to press your dealers for repairs. At the moment...that's the best route that can be offered.
dealers will "toss" 'em all unless properly reimbursed! this entails an admission from the general to the dealers admitting to the "problems!"
just sayin'
jmaryt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 09:34 PM   #192
jmaryt

Drives: 2010 cgm LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Folks...it doesn't help...and I don't like typing it....

But please remember you're issues are in the minority. It goes without saying that no manufacturer can produce something 100% flawless 100% of the time. It's a fact inherent to every mass-produced and even hand-built products.

Now, that does NOT discredit your issues, and I'm not trying to do so. When I read messages like the OP's...I just feel obligated to bring a little perspective to the conversation, and I think you're all highly intelligent people capable of seeing it.

You're all encouraged to press your dealers for repairs. At the moment...that's the best route that can be offered.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitz View Post
I don't believe the issue is present to only a minority of vert owners. There could be others out there who are like me and are waiting for a real fix to come out before I let GM use my car as a free test subject and that is why GM doesn't see the full x% of people with problems. To that note, my dealer is aware that I have rub marks, the DID say for me to come in and have it looked at, and I declined for the reasons stated above. I do not fault my dealer at all in how it is being handled.

I think us vert owners just feel very slighted by the lack of response from anyone from GM on the topic. Look at how much attention the freaking carbon fiber hood insert on the ZL1 is getting and members like Fbodfather are staying right on top of it for the community. How does THAT get more attention from GM than tops wearing holes in them or leaking outright with a shoddy water management bag. I bet good money that it gets resolved before out tops do. Come on!

I do not need a fix tomorrow, but knowing that they actually give a @#$! would be a start. In all seriousness, do they plan on having the top fixed before the ZL1 verts hit the line? I actually hope the do not... imagine the pressure they will get from owners of a $60k vert with a bad top, I guess my $42k just wasn't enough to spend to expect my concerns to be addressed.
for 42 k damn thing should be sewn together with "gold thread!" just sayin'
jmaryt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:07 PM   #193
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010, Rally Yellow, Black stripes
I thought The General had learned his lessons about customer service. I guess I was wrong. He just doesn't give a damn. Deserves whatever happens to him. Most likely my last GM car.

Last edited by Bonanza7; 02-04-2012 at 09:18 AM.
Bonanza7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 08:56 AM   #194
Lightrider

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6 Hurst Convertible
Quote:

Frickin' hilarious and downright sick in 1 short, concise comment. Well done!
Lightrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 01:47 AM   #195
Angella
~Living the Dream~

Drives: 11 2SSRS Vert, 11 CBR250
Name:  IMG_20120131_161144.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  99.6 KB

Name:  IMG_20120131_161158.jpg
Views: 259
Size:  79.8 KB

yea cuz thats totally my fault? car has just over 5K miles on it! i brought it to the dealership with both sides detached and they called me the next day telling me it was fixed and i opened to top in front on them and low and behold it was STILL BROKEN! then THEY had the nerve to tell me THEY are sick of seeing my car in the shop! This is the 3rd time i had to bring the car in for the SAME issue and i have to bring it in yet AGAIN on the 13th to get it finally repaired!! hopefully! Ive also had to bring it in for the 5th bow to be replaced! when will they give me a new top??? most of the miles on my car is driving it back and forth to the dealership and the dealership having to bring it to another shop! im getting fed up with all this! my car has spent more time at the dealership awaiting repairs than it does sitting at my house! :p addle:
Old 02-05-2012, 08:07 AM   #196
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
I'm starting to buy into this
Quote: