Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 09-09-2012, 01:16 PM   #1
Whos_Drivin

Drives: '12 Camaro ZL1, '16 Silverado Z71
Minnesota ZL1

I was cruising down the freeway yesterday afternoon and a silver SS flies by, so I give him a wave...cool car. Then about 2 minutes later I see an all black camaro. As I got closer, I saw the quad tips, dropped it down to fourth and flew up along side. Sure enough, brand new ZL1 that still had the dealer plates. We gave a couple thumbs up, I passed by and he pulled in line behind me for a while. This is the first ZL1 I've seen driving, and it looks MEAN! Seeing that car in the rear view gave me chills and I have the same damn car. Glad to see another ZL1 owner out enjoying their car

2016 Silverado LTZ-Z71 Midnight Edition: 6.2L, 8 speed auto, Borla exhaust
Whos_Drivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 08:55 PM   #2
DrkPhx

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 / 2006 TB SS
Was this on 35W heading north? If so, that was me cruising with my friend. I looked in the rear view mirror and said holy !#$% I see another ZL1 coming. My friend said are your sure? I said definitely. When you passed us he said "Man he didn't waste anytime putting new exhaust on that thing, sound nice." I said it's stock! Him: "Wow, I didn't realize they're that loud."

I agree, yours was the first ZL1 I've seen driving and it looks so mean. Nice car!
DrkPhx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:56 AM   #3
Whos_Drivin

Drives: '12 Camaro ZL1, '16 Silverado Z71
Yeah, it was. The exhaust is stock, minus a fuse. I should have followed you for a while to hear it. I get compliments on the exhaust all the time, but have yet to hear one from behind...although a lot of people have offered to drive it so I could follow behind in their car.

2016 Silverado LTZ-Z71 Midnight Edition: 6.2L, 8 speed auto, Borla exhaust
Whos_Drivin is offline   Reply With Quote