Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 05-26-2011, 09:56 AM   #1
mhood
Orange Camaros Rule!

Drives: 2010 1SS LS3 RS IOM
Best Proceedure for Hail Damage?

I had my baby parked at DFW last Monday when some hail blew through. It isn't bad but there are several small dents that I'd like to get removed. What's the best method for doing that and should I just pay for it or file a claim on my insurance? And I'm plenty sick about it as it is...no need to rub it in.

:(

Mary - Orange Camaros Rule!
mhood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 09:58 AM   #2
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
I would file a claim. It won't raise your insurance or anything like that as it was from weather damage. Of course you don't have to file a claim. I'm sure a paintless dent repair shop could fix her up for you.
Old 05-26-2011, 09:59 AM   #3
UT-Engineer
Just Cruisin'

Drives: 2010 Synergy Camaro
Get a PDR quote from a body shop guy. If its above your deductable than file the claim but if its less than just pay out of pocket.... and you wont have the vehicle showing an accident claim on it, which could lower its resale value.

EDIT: And this is Texas, you know the weather changes from one minute to the next so try and get the car to a safe place next time

Last edited by UT-Engineer; 05-26-2011 at 10:13 AM.
UT-Engineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 10:01 AM   #4
GearHeadPeter
US Navy Vet

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS, 65 Mustang GT Fastback
I had a paintless dent remover place remove some dents on other cars and you could not tell it was ever damaged. Get a quote from a body guy and the dent removal place to compare.
3rd Camaro on this forum to have a Mylink installed. Installation by GEN5DIY, Heritage Grill, Lloyds Premium Ebony Camaro RS floor mats, Empire Billet Camaro Black sill plates, AAC: LED footwell & interior lighting, Rear Courtesy Lights, LED side markers/turn signals, Plasma P13W DRl bulbs, Formula 1 Pinnacle Series tint, Roto-Fab Yellow CAI & Fuse cover, Technostalgia Afterburner LED taillights, EmblemPros custom V6 hydrocoated carbon fiber/RY engine cover, Pfadt Sport sway bars, Ofer's Backup Camera, and full Brembo brake conversion.
GearHeadPeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 10:21 AM   #5
mhood
Orange Camaros Rule!

Any Paintless Dent Removal shops ya'll can recommend in the Abilene, Weatherford or even Ft. Worth area?

Old 05-26-2011, 10:25 AM   #6
UT-Engineer
Just Cruisin'

Drives: 2010 Synergy Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhood View Post
Any Paintless Dent Removal shops ya'll can recommend in the Abilene, Weatherford or even Ft. Worth area?
Nope sorry but if i can offer any advise, don't take it to a dealer becasue they actually dont do the work themselves. They will call a professional PDR person in the area that they do business with and he will come to the delaership to do the work. Its the same thing if you take it directly to the PDR guy himself, just without the dealer's mark-up. You may be able to google some shops in your area, call and get some estimates, then take your pick from there on. Good luck.

UT-Engineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 10:46 AM   #7
Daily Driver

Drives: Silver Bullet
Quote:
Originally Posted by UT-Enginner View Post
Get a PDR quote from a body shop guy. If its above your deductable than file the claim but if its less than just pay out of pocket.... and you wont have the vehicle showing an accident claim on it, which could lower its resale value.

EDIT: And this is Texas, you know the weather changes from one minute to the next so try and get the car to a safe place next time
Daily Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 01:06 PM   #8
Trevorw24
Black Ma6ic

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS M6
Pics?? NC got a lot of hail recently, and many car dealers entire stock got damaged.
Old 05-26-2011, 01:10 PM   #9
mhood
Orange Camaros Rule!

Sorry, I don't have pics. Mine isn't very bad at all...a few that might have been ping pong ball sized. maybe 15-20 total. I could live with it but I just don't want to. It's my company car and I'm obligated to drive it to DFW when I travel so this is one of those things that I might get to deal with more than once.

Old 05-26-2011, 01:12 PM   #10
woodstock

Drives: 2012 Corvette Grand Sport
I would go with the paintless,don't have to worry about matching and in most cases your insurance co. will wave the deductable since you are saving them big money.
woodstock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 01:29 PM   #11
scythezo6
Virologist in the making

Drives: 2010 VR SS/RS LS3
Insurance. T'was an act of god therefore not your fault.
Old 06-08-2011, 04:19 PM   #12
Jackflash

Drives: Silver 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhood View Post
I had my baby parked at DFW last Monday when some hail blew through. It isn't bad but there are several small dents that I'd like to get removed. What's the best method for doing that and should I just pay for it or file a claim on my insurance? And I'm plenty sick about it as it is...no need to rub it in.

:(
Me too!

Anyone have any suggestions for a good PDR in Frisco - I have 2 on the hood.....
Jackflash is offline   Reply With Quote