Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-23-2011, 02:48 PM   #15
RJT-Maro
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Supercharged RJT SS!
Send a message via AIM to RJT-Maro
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
3.2 pulley. Down from a 3.6 now. And the cam is mild enough for the stock stall. If not, then I go back bigger. But I'm after the extra power more so.

Mine won't be so radical, but it already sounds good so I hope it at least gives me some more rumble.

Yeah it should..... You still should have a definite lope to it I would think? I'm going to get some videos today of my car, and make a build thread I guess, even though it's already built haha.

Next summer I plan on doing some bigger things to it
Magnuson TVS 2300 Supercharger, ARH 1 7/8 LT Headers with 3" X-Pipe, Borla S-Type Axle-Back, DMH Low Profile Exhaust Cut-Outs, MTI Racing CAI, Stage 2 Camshaft(227/239 .614/.624) with new springs, Katech C5R Z Timing Chain, LS7 Bowtie Damper, MTI Hot Spark Plug Wires, MTI Racing Lowering Springs and Swaybars, Aluminum Oil Catch Can, 160 Degree Thermostat, MTI Tune. 554RWHP 528RWTQ Built By: MTI Racing Dyno Sheet here
RJT-Maro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 02:54 PM   #16
CamaroFemme

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SSRS View Post
They even come to pick up the car, now that's first class service, need that around here.
How much (if anything) do they charge for trucking to & from? You can pm me so Le Bon doesn't see if you want.
Old 06-23-2011, 03:03 PM   #17
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroFemme View Post
How much (if anything) do they charge for trucking to & from? You can pm me so Le Bon doesn't see if you want.
Well, I had gone up there a few weeks back to get it tuned because we were thinking it would fix my surging issue. Obviously now we know it wasn't in the tune. Ron wanted to make sure I was taken care of so he contacted me and offered to come get the car and dyagnose the problem at no cost. Had the leak not gotten worse making me think there was a lifter issue, I'd have gotten out of it with just the cost of the Header gaskets.

But I decided to do the cam when I thought the lifters were going bad.

Not looking back now.
Old 06-23-2011, 03:21 PM   #18
RJT-Maro
Emerald Coast Camaros

Did they give you a time frame for when the car was going to be done??
Magnuson TVS 2300 Supercharger, ARH 1 7/8 LT Headers with 3" X-Pipe, Borla S-Type Axle-Back, DMH Low Profile Exhaust Cut-Outs, MTI Racing CAI, Stage 2 Camshaft(227/239 .614/.624) with new springs, Katech C5R Z Timing Chain, LS7 Bowtie Damper, MTI Hot Spark Plug Wires, MTI Racing Lowering Springs and Swaybars, Aluminum Oil Catch Can, 160 Degree Thermostat, MTI Tune. 554RWHP 528RWTQ Built By: MTI Racing Dyno Sheet here
Old 06-23-2011, 03:29 PM   #19
Toyaholic
It's a sickness!

Drives: '69 442 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by justa25thTA View Post
so how do you get out of the car once it is in the trailer?
You can get out of the window, but it's not real easy. My next trailer will have the escape door!
Old 06-23-2011, 03:42 PM   #20
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Hehehehe... I just had a thought... what if I tell Bonnie that PQ intentionally used the paper header gasket so he had an excuse to get a cam now...
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 03:46 PM   #21
RJT-Maro
Emerald Coast Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
Hehehehe... I just had a thought... what if I tell Bonnie that PQ intentionally used the paper header gasket so he had an excuse to get a cam now...
Uh oh......
Old 06-23-2011, 03:51 PM   #22
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJT-Maro View Post
Did they give you a time frame for when the car was going to be done??
He said he'd build it this week. Drive it around tuning early next week to make sure it's 100% right and finish tuning it mid next week. I could pick it up next weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyaholic View Post
You can get out of the window, but it's not real easy. My next trailer will have the escape door!
I'm pretty small. It was not hard at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
She'd believe it. LOL
Old 06-23-2011, 04:00 PM   #23
CamaroFemme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyaholic View Post
Through the back seats and out the trunk, says my glowing neon instructional trunkpop thingie.
Old 06-23-2011, 04:01 PM   #24
RJT-Maro
Emerald Coast Camaros

Quote:
He said he'd build it this week. Drive it around tuning early next week to make sure it's 100% right and finish tuning it mid next week. I could pick it up next weekend.

I'm pretty small. It was not hard at all.

She'd believe it. LOL
Sweet. It's great they are taking their time to get everything perfect for you. They are a great business to deal with. When we were looking for my son a car up around ATL, we stopped by their shop and Ron gave us a shop tour and everything. They really are stand up people! I was surprised MTI got mine done so fast. I dropped it off Monday morning and picked it up Friday evening. That shows these people know what they are doing. But Resse did stay really late Thursday getting my car tuned and dynoed, then they put the cut-outs on Friday.

Both businesses are great!
Old 06-23-2011, 04:01 PM   #25
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Just tell her they brought it to my house to fix it.

Old 06-23-2011, 04:01 PM   #26
hypurone
I'm not totally useless..

Drives: ...
Quote:
3.2 pulley. Down from a 3.6 now. And the cam is mild enough for the stock stall. If not, then I go back bigger. But I'm after the extra power more so.

Mine won't be so radical, but it already sounds good so I hope it at least gives me some more rumble.
Yikes! 3.2! You must have 93 or higher there?

My "mild" blower cam made a huge difference in exhaust tone/volume. And I have what is considered the "quiet" Magnaflow 3" Comp catback. You have LT's right? Could be some serious rumble/lope there. I had to have most of the lope tuned out of mine as I have to deal with the smog nazi's here and need to pass a visual as well as a sniffer....
Old 06-23-2011, 04:02 PM   #27
CamaroFemme

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypurone View Post
Could be some serious rumble/lope there.
And then it was time to upgrade the sound system, for he could not hear the radio over the car...
Old 06-23-2011, 04:07 PM   #28
RJT-Maro
Emerald Coast Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
Just tell her they brought it to my house to fix it.

Surprised you used electrical tape instead of duct tape.......