Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 12-09-2012, 12:30 PM   #85
Deke736
COTW 12/3/12

Drives: 2012 Ashen Gray ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdwarren View Post
BEAUTIFUL car bro! Absolutely love everything you have done to Deke II.

2 questions..
1) how hard was it to install the gear changer?
2) how hard was it to install the engine light? (the one that makes the front of your car look red)

Thanks, and keep her clean!
Thanks for the compliment!

To answer your questions-

1- the shifter was an easy install. Mine has a line lock switch on it rather than the typical tap shift switches, so it was a little different than the standard tap shift handles.

2- the grill lights were simple as far as wiring, but the front end of the car had to come off. I did it at the same time as my halos. The overall time took about 5 hours from start to finish.

I hope this helps!
Old 12-09-2012, 12:44 PM   #86
pierre777
HT5 COTW 9/3/2012

Drives: Cyber Bullet
Send a message via Skype™ to pierre777
Best ZL1 I've seen so far looks sick brotha, and I really dig you sig.
Old 12-09-2012, 10:58 PM   #87
BBanner

Drives: 2011 Synergy Green SS
Regarding the lowering, my opinion is that you don't have too much wheel gap and the black on black hides what little you do have anyway. If it's an almost daily driver, I'd keep the ground clearance. Beautiful car by the way.
BBanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 01:31 PM   #88
c4maroboy
[HOONIGAN]

Drives: 2012 ZL1 #1848[The HOONIGAN MOBILE]
need updates!
Old 12-21-2012, 04:25 PM   #89
Deke736
COTW 12/3/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by c4maroboy View Post
need updates!
Not a ton of new updates for now, but I have a few mods planned for next week. I have a amplifier upgrade in the works with a JL Audio XD700/5 on the way, and I am hoping to get my new spoiler next week! There will definitely be pics following the installs!

I am also going to make a shameless plug and ask for everyone's support winning Ride of the Month for December and an Arc audio system from forum vendor DoubleDMods by clicking "Like" on my photo on their Facebook page. Here's the link:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater

Thanks everyone! I hope you all have a Merry Christmas and a great New Year!
Old 12-21-2012, 07:00 PM   #90
SSTG

Drives: 2014 Z51 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deke736 View Post
I am also going to make a shameless plug and ask for everyone's support winning Ride of the Month for December and an Arc audio system from forum vendor DoubleDMods by clicking "Like" on my photo on their Facebook page. Here's the link:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater

Thanks everyone! I hope you all have a Merry Christmas and a great New Year!

Voted buddy, good luck!!!
SSTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 07:02 PM   #91
Deke736
COTW 12/3/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSTG View Post
Voted buddy, good luck!!!
Thanks Seth! And why are we not friends on Facebook?

Merry Christmas, my friend!
Old 12-21-2012, 07:03 PM   #92
SSTG

Drives: 2014 Z51 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deke736 View Post
Thanks Seth! And why are we not friends on Facebook?

Merry Christmas, my friend!

SSTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:22 PM   #93
toyosuprablue
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Black M6
Love the Zl-1, definitely giving me some ideas for a weekend project or two
toyosuprablue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:24 PM   #94
RED DEMON SS
OFF THE CHAIN

Drives: PSHHH UWISH
Your ride is looking real nice Matt!
Old 01-03-2013, 08:17 PM   #95
Deke736
COTW 12/3/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farthestnorth View Post
Your ride is looking real nice Matt!
Thanks Tim, I appreciate it! You have one badass Camaro as well! My SS was VR with white stripes, so I can really appreciate everything you've done. Congrats on the ROTM win!
Old 01-05-2013, 12:15 AM   #96
IBM camaro
Texas HT5

Drives: IBM
wow congarts even your winter wheels look great very nice zl1
IBM camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:55 AM   #97
Deke736
COTW 12/3/12

I realized that I haven't updated this thread in a while, so I thought I would throw up a quick pic of my most recent mod, the Vitesse Motorsports aluminum paddle shifters. Here is a pic of them installed, and below it is a little story of the drama I had installing them.

Now for the story- I received my paddle shifters for my 2012 ZL1 last week. I went to install them on Sunday before heading over to a buddy's house, thinking a 5 minute install should be easy. That was my first mistake. No project on my car has been easy, even when it is supposed to be. I get the pins holding the factory paddles off, but for the life of me I could not get the pin to slide all the way in to install the new downshift paddle. The pin for the upshift paddle slid right in the first try, but the paddle did not recoil back after it was tapped. After spending about 90 minutes on it, I was extremely frustrated and gave up and went to my friend's house to relax and play a little COD: MW3. Prior to giving up, I also had another minor setback that was not due to the paddles themselves, but it added to my frustration level that day. I lost one of the pins that hold the paddles on. And when I say lost, I mean gone, like I have no idea where it went. It flipped out of my hand, hit the steering wheel and I thought it went inside the dash. Apparently it did not (which I found out after taking the drivers side dash panels off. After getting home, I was determined to get the paddles installed. After fabbing up a new pin out of steel rod stock, I got them both on, kinda. They still didn't move smoothly on the hinge pin and didn't pop back out after tapping to shift. Frustrated again, I emailed the vendor (Ahmed) and explained my problems. He was very responsive and we exchanged multiple PM's that night. I was very close to sending them back for a refund, but Ahmed asked that I give him a few days to figure out a solution. He emailed me back yesterday and explained that I needed to open up the holes a little more (with my Dremel) to make them move more easily on the pins. I had already done that on my downshift paddle to make it work in the first place, but I needed to do it to the upshift paddle as well. After geting that done last night I got the paddles installed, and they worked and I was happy.

Obviously it was a little more than a minor setback, but Ahmed was great to work with throughout the situation. Looking back on it, I probably could have fixed it in less than an hour, but hindsight is 20/20.

I have also recently installed a new JL XD700/5 amp in the factory location. It was a great improvement over the stock amp. Next I am working to install a single 12" sub with a stealth box. I am helping Dennis over at Double D Mods modify his current box to fit correctly in the 2012+ models with the hump in trunk.

I also have a stack of other mods sitting in my garage waiting to be installed. When it gets a little warmer here, I will be installing everything and taking tons of pics. I've got a lot of good stuff coming, so please stay tuned!!

Thanks for stopping by!
Old 01-23-2013, 12:37 PM   #98
pierre777
HT5 COTW 9/3/2012

Drives: Cyber Bullet
Send a message via Skype™ to pierre777
Hey man it's sad that you had to experience that issue where it took me only 5 minutes to install them , but what the hell they are soooo good and make shifting very easy and fun and they are with every penny , post some pics of the new parts bro .

Tags
218, agm zl1, deke, deke736