Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 11:54 AM   #43
Bumble Bee '77
AutoBot Scout

Drives: 2002 ZRS Camaro
Wow I just called the dealer and asked him about the contracts thing. and yes they are selling them but the salesman i talked to seemed really pissed that the guy has been calling time and time again about the car only to be pawning the contract off to someone else.
Old 07-29-2008, 12:11 PM   #44
BumbleBee
Yes, I am a girl

Drives: 2006 Pontiac Vibe
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post
yea he's prob bumping the bid to get it to his 10k mark at the least.

You can't bump Ebay bids, they have what is called automatic bidding...

Let's say the starting bid is $1.00
Jack bids $100.00 as a max bid (the bid will look like $1.50 or so)
and Bob bids $20.00
Ebay will then bid on behalf of Jack $20.50
Then say Bob bids again $50.00
Ebay will once again bid for Jack up to his $100.00 max bid

But, when you look at the bids, Ebay doesn't show the automatic bids, so it looks like Bob was bidding against himself...

Start- $1.00
Bob-$20.00
Bob-$50.00
And so on.

There's a button you can hit that'll show the automatic bids.

...second to none
Old 07-29-2008, 12:14 PM   #45
aston70

Drives: Me Nutz!! Arrrrgh...
Quote:
Originally Posted by BumbleBee View Post
You can't bump Ebay bids, they have what is called automatic bidding...

Let's say the starting bid is $1.00
Jack bids $100.00 as a max bid (the bid will look like $1.50 or so)
and Bob bids $20.00
Ebay will then bid on behalf of Jack $20.50
Then say Bob bids again $50.00
Ebay will once again bid for Jack up to his $100.00 max bid

But, when you look at the bids, Ebay doesn't show the automatic bids, so it looks like Bob was bidding against himself...

Start- $1.00
Bob-$20.00
Bob-$50.00
And so on.

There's a button you can hit that'll show the automatic bids.

I think what he's suggesting is that 'Bob' is actually the seller, running 'Jack' up...
Old 07-29-2008, 12:21 PM   #46
BumbleBee
Yes, I am a girl

Drives: 2006 Pontiac Vibe
Quote:
Originally Posted by aston70 View Post
I think what he's suggesting is that 'Bob' is actually the seller, running 'Jack' up...
Hmm...

I think you're right... r***o, has never bid on anything before, or at least not anything in the last 30 days... If the buyer and seller are one in the same, that could get the seller kicked off Ebay, if one could prove it.

...second to none
Old 07-29-2008, 12:31 PM   #47
GreySteele06

Drives: A pair of tan boots-back in09
Question sent to the Seller:

"Nothing in your contract states about the transferability of the contract. Please post a statement from the dealer showing that this contract is able to be transferred."

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
-George Orwell
Old 07-29-2008, 12:33 PM   #48
GreySteele06

Report of Fraudulent Auction sent to Ebay:

"Fraudulent description. Seller claims to be selling the First Camaro of the new generation. He is in fact selling the "contract" to buy the first one from a select dealer. No way of insuring that this Camaro from this dealer is the "first" new Camaro. Seller also states that no other dealers are offering contracts like these when in fact 90% of dealers I have talked to are doing deposit contracts on the car. A CLEAR scam to entice bids. Seller also states "The people on these waiting lists are going to pay $10,000 - $20,000 over sticker price to get their camaros." Plenty of dealers are selling at MSRP. I am on such a list. Another clear false claim to entice bids. There is no mention of transferability of the contract so the seller may in fact be selling an item that he cannot transfer to the buyer. Please remove this item as a protection to your members."

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
-George Orwell
Old 07-29-2008, 12:39 PM   #49
GreySteele06

Message sent to dealer:

"Ebay Item #230274733725 is one of your contracts up for bid for the new Camaro. This customer of yours seems to be trying to scam any poor sap willing to pay him for his contract with yall. This will only put the name of your dealership in a poor light. I do not know the legalities of you contractual agreements but if you are able i would suggest you contact him and not allow him to transfer the contract, especially under these conditions. He makes several false claims in his description and is making your dealership look like it is out to scam people. Thanks for your time."

-George Orwell
Old 07-29-2008, 12:41 PM   #50
GreySteele06

Ha. Sittin in the desert without much to do tonight. Thought i should make good use of my time. :-)

I would encourage everyone to go to the bottom of the listing and report it as fraudulent to Ebay. Hopefully they shut it down before it ends.

Now i would feel bad for this guy if he does in fact have an "Inoperable brain tumor" (see the full questions and answers) and will use the proceeds from this to pay some medical bills, but come on. Walks like a duck. Quacks like a duck. Its a scam.

Disclaimer: Sir, If you do have an "inoperable brain tumor", I do apologize and wish you well, but i still do not approve of this auction.

-George Orwell
Old 07-29-2008, 02:12 PM   #51
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Drives: Which car I have 9 vehicles?
Send a message via MSN to Iroczlover Send a message via Yahoo to Iroczlover
his replays are getting more scared everytime he posts something.

Q: Nowhere in this contract does it say it is transferable. Please post a statement from the dealership about the transferability of this contract. Thanks. Jul-29-08
A: The contract has my name and/or assigns meaning I can assign the contract to anyone I choose without the permission of the other party. Whenever a contract has this clause, it is assignable. Southworth Chevrolet doesn't care, and even if they did they have no legal basis because they signed the contract with the clause. I will guarantee Southworth honors the contract or your money back plus $1000.

Q: This is the sort of thing that gives salesmen and car dealers a bad name. Granted, the people willing to bid are just as much a part of the problem as the dealers provoking the scam, but there is no car in the world, except for the possible exception of a Bugatti Veyron 16.4, worth paying a dime over the MSRP. The return of the Camaro is great, and I will be buying one, but I will be buying mine from a dealer that will accept my below sticker offer, without having to "bid". And yes, I will be able to build it the day GM opens the build process. GM has already stated there will be plenty of these cars available (if you paid attention to your IDL), at launch, and no one should be left in the cold or forced to pay over sticker. Just thought I'd give you my $.02..... this is from a dedicated Camaro fanatic, and supporter of the return of the Camaro since 2002. Member of multiple Camaro 5th generation forums and a friend of a GM autoshow floorplan manager for Chevy and Saturn. Jul-29-08
A: Thanks for your two cents, but unfortunately that's about all it's worth. First of all, I'm not a car dealer or salesman of any sort. I'm just a car fanatic who had my heart set on owning the first camaro and took steps in 2006 to make sure it happened. Since then I was diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumor and owning the first camaro has become secondary to me, so I'm giving someone else with the desire and financial means the opportunity to purchase the first camaro. For those of you who think you'll get a camaro below or at sticker price - keep dreaming. Maybe two years down the road, but not for the first year. It will take GM at least a year to ramp up the assembly lines to the point where they can meet demand. When the Chrysler PT cruiser came out, people were paying $10K over sticker for that, and it was a piece of junk. People will have to do the same for the camaro too, and this car will be worth it. This auction isn't for people who have to pinch their pennys. This auction is for people who want the first camaro and also have enough cash to not miss an extra 10K.

Q: Hello, my name is Endy and I was wondering what is the actual sticker price. Jul-29-08
A: The actualy sticker price has not been announced yet, but this car will be a competitor with the Ford Mustang so you can expect the sticker price to be similiar to the mustang. I don't think it really matters if you want the first one!

I am not a man I have boobies.
Cars are like women, If you treat her rough shes going to complain & you will hear about it. If you treat her right she will purrrrrrrrrrrrr
Current cars owned , 72 Skylark vert,86 fiero GT Sold , 87 Iroc-z (sold), 90 Vette Vert SOLD , 95 Z28, 99 Silverado K1500 Totaled, 2010 CGM Camaro 2ss/rs (had to sell & I hate it ) ,2012 Cruze LT repoed.

Current current list lol 2006 Silverado 2500hd.
Old 07-29-2008, 02:18 PM   #52
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
^I know! Let's see if mine is posted up....

He's really getting defensive and even said this auction wasn't for those pinching their pennys!!! He's just out to make a buck.
Old 07-29-2008, 02:39 PM   #53
GreySteele06

Sent in response to his Transferability answer (actually pretty good answer unfortunatly):

"I would still like to see something from the dealer reguarding transferability before spending thousands of dollars. I trust you understand."

Like i would pay this chump.....

-George Orwell
Old 07-29-2008, 02:55 PM   #54
GreySteele06

And then one more for the seller. Just for sh*ts and grins to screw w/ him:

"One more question, i know i have alot of em... The contract stipulates that if the seller does not hold up their end the, lets say, "contract holder" would then be returned the $1000 deposit. I would need the statement drafted by your lawyer to state if the seller did not come through, then this contract transfer price would then be refunded, less the thousand dollars that i would get back from the dealer. Please post the verbage that would be drafted from your lawyer. Thanks again."

At least if hes going to scam people i can make him work for it.

Its a LONG war people... I can do this all day... (we may be comming up on harrasment so ill lay off for now) But please people, everyone feel free to get involved.

-George Orwell
Old 07-29-2008, 03:30 PM   #55
Bumble Bee '77
AutoBot Scout

Drives: 2002 ZRS Camaro
The Dealer called me back and said he's had 5 calls just today about the ebay thing. He sounded really upset since this guy is the only one thats set up a contract. And it isn't for the "first" Camaro, it's just the first one for that particular dealer. And the whole "brain tumor" thing just stinks of "scam". Weather its true or not, its just like the "I want to meet the band cause I'm dying of cancer" scam so many people have pulled.
Old 07-29-2008, 03:33 PM   #56
aston70

Drives: Me Nutz!! Arrrrgh...
This is getting to be entertaining. please...

Closed Thread