Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 10-01-2009, 08:31 PM   #1
VegasSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS IOM/IOM
GM Bulletin HVAC system reprogram caused window problem

Took my car into the dealer today to actually have the truck latch replaced due to intermittent problem of it not popping up when it is released. Dealer said there was a bulletin to replace the trunk catch.

While there they performed the HVAC reprogram. Not sure how the HVAC and window indexing are connected but now my drivers side window indexes down about 2.5-3" instead of just about 1" to clear the weather stripping. It was working fine and indexing 1" prior to this reprogram. Passenger side still only indexes about 1" It goes back up when you shut the door. So it is still working but the HVAC program screwed something up.

Dealer said that they did not do anything to the drivers door or window. They just downloaded the program GM provided. They are going to do some research on the reprogram but for now there is no fix because they don't know what the problem is.

Anyone else have a similar situation?
VegasSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 09:01 PM   #2
FLYNNZL1
Wicked ZL1

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10 HBM
Send a message via ICQ to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via MSN to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via Yahoo to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via Skype™ to FLYNNZL1
I just had the HVAC update yesterday, and it did not effect my windows. They didn't say anything about the trunk latch?
2017 Hyper Blue Metallic ZL1 A10/CF Hood Insert/PDR/NAV MODS: Rotofab CAI/V-MAX CNC Ported Throttle Body/Clear Bra/LED Reverse Light/Rock Guards/Lift Pads/Darkened Tail Lights/Ghost-Tinted LED Side Markers/Darkened 3rd Brake Light
FLYNNZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 02:20 AM   #3
CamaroSS_LS3

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS IOM/IOM 6M
What issue is the HVAC update suppose to resolve?

No Mod's love it just the way it is.

CamaroSS_LS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 02:40 PM   #4
deljaso

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasSS View Post
Took my car into the dealer today to actually have the truck latch replaced due to intermittent problem of it not popping up when it is released. Dealer said there was a bulletin to replace the trunk catch.

While there they performed the HVAC reprogram. Not sure how the HVAC and window indexing are connected but now my drivers side window indexes down about 2.5-3" instead of just about 1" to clear the weather stripping. It was working fine and indexing 1" prior to this reprogram. Passenger side still only indexes about 1" It goes back up when you shut the door. So it is still working but the HVAC program screwed something up.

Dealer said that they did not do anything to the drivers door or window. They just downloaded the program GM provided. They are going to do some research on the reprogram but for now there is no fix because they don't know what the problem is.

Anyone else have a similar situation?

I haven't gotten the reprogram, but my passenger side indexing is moving the window about 2-2.5". The driver's side is only doing about 1/4".
I can't get them to reindex. I really don't want to disconnect the battery and lose all of my stereo settings, etc...
deljaso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 06:31 PM   #5
Gen5SSRS

Drives: Black 2010 1SS RS,
Don't mess with going to the dealer to fix this. Just try re-indexing them. Roll the window down and hold the window switch in the down position for 2 seconds, then roll up and hold the switch up for 2 seconds. This will re-index them. more description of this in owners manual.
Old 10-08-2009, 08:47 PM   #6
WorldClassRS

Drives: 2010 RJT LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSS_LS3 View Post
What issue is the HVAC update suppose to resolve?
It is a new hvac software update to prevent evaporator icing.
WorldClassRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 09:05 AM   #7
will69camaro

Drives: 1969 and 2010 Camaros
I took my car in to have the HVAC reprogram after it froze up and the car wouldn't accept the file. They had the car all day and were "on the phone with GM" because the car was denying the module tune...Still not fixed.
will69camaro is offline   Reply With Quote