Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 03-28-2012, 09:23 PM   #547
monstertodd

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Metallic 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWDOWN View Post
Check the PEDDERS/Z28 thread in the Z28 section...you'll find this list was posted, oh, about 9 months ago...

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149090

...and if you bother to go through it all, the 1LE name was mumbled by a then-insider, oh, about July/11...long before the SEMA concept was unveiled...
Yeah, I know this idea has been around for a while. I honestly wasn't really expecting the 1LE. I just assumed like everyone else that there would be a Z/28.
monstertodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 09:39 PM   #548
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
I have been building my own Z28/1LE as my funds allow. (Three kids in college.) I have attacked the understeer and the bushing step out. Still working on the wheel hop.

Not sure what all the fuss about the Z28 is. After all, the 1LE before now was a superior more serious track car compared to the Z28 in the same model year. So if the Z28 does come out and it's faster than the 1LE that will be something new. The only advantage the Z28 would have is a cooler name.

But just look at what the 1LE is:
  • Great engine with great torque (LS3)
  • Improved suspension
  • Stronger axles
  • Improved electric steering
  • Close ratio transmssion
  • 3.91 rear
  • Improved fuel delivery
  • Improved shift knob
  • Lighter wheels
  • Square tire size
  • No weight increase
  • No gas guzzler tax
Wow. Chevy built this car just the way I wanted to build mine.

I do appreciate and want a lighter car. But for what? If if performs as indicated it is in elite company at the track. I am sure it easily will do 12s at the drags. It gets pretty good gas mileage on the highway. It is a great long distance cruiser. Also it is a good car to be in should you get into an accident.

The only penalty may be the ride. A small sacrifice.

This is the best Camaro (car) ever (for me).

Great job Chevy!
Old 03-28-2012, 11:11 PM   #549
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstertodd View Post
Yeah, I know this idea has been around for a while. I honestly wasn't really expecting the 1LE. I just assumed like everyone else that there would be a Z/28.
I am hoping that is the case. In the final year of the 5th Gen we may see...

The ZL1 with the LS9

The Z/28 with a massaged LS7

The ZL1 gets the LS9 to keep sales strong with the 6th Gen around the corner. The LS7 should get a bump in power for the final run of the C6 Vette making it available for a limited run as a Z/28 before the EPA and CAFE put push it our of production cars and into GMPP crate motor only mode.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 11:43 PM   #550
Ayuir
Army EOD Tech

Drives: 2014 BRM 2SS/RS
This will be mine by the end of the year. Can hardly wait.
Ayuir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 11:44 PM   #551
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro
Mustang guys seem scared:
http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums...d-mustang.html

Do they have mods on that site? It doesn't seem like it with some of the things they are saying.

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 11:58 PM   #552
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorRyanSS View Post

Do they have mods on that site? It doesn't seem like it with some of the things they are saying.

I would hope that my fellow Camaro owners and enthusiasts would behave themselves a bit better than what I just read on that site. the language shows ignorance and a complete lack of class.
Old 03-29-2012, 12:00 AM   #553
GearBangr

Drives: 97Z,02TA
Quote:

I always get a good laugh reading through those sites. But whatever, that's what I expect from a bunch of 17 year olds. No biggie though, I like to cut those guys some slack, id be pissed too if our only performance car was a mustang.
GearBangr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 12:06 AM   #554
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
I would hope that my fellow Camaro owners and enthusiasts would behave themselves a bit better than what I just read on that site. the language shows ignorance and a complete lack of class.

Thats what happens to some people when they are scared, they get angry

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 12:09 AM   #555
Ayuir
Army EOD Tech

Drives: 2014 BRM 2SS/RS
Don't fret fbodfather...the worst I've read on these forums is still classy, especially in comparison. Sounds like Camaro drivers tend to be adults.
Ayuir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 12:21 AM   #556
GearBangr

Drives: 97Z,02TA
Quote:
You know, the fact that you keep a steady presence on the Camaro/GM boards speaks volumes for the Camaro/GM team. I don't spend any time on the mustang boards, but I've never heard of any Ford higher ups taking time to talk to their enthusiast. Especially at these hours of the night. My hat of to you Scott.
GearBangr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 12:27 AM   #557
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayuir View Post
Don't fret fbodfather...the worst I've read on these forums is still classy, especially in comparison. Sounds like Camaro drivers tend to be adults.
Another EOD on C5 site confirms this is a great site!
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 12:32 AM   #558
papawattz

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS +2014 El Tigre
Excactly!!

Quote:

I couldn't agree more I work with a couple of mustang owners and I swear I don't think I've ever heard more B.S. in my life! I mean they go out of there way just about every day, to tell me how (Effin) ugly, heavy and slow my Camaro is, not one compliment Really, C'mon I don't bash their cars, give credit where credit is due! Now I have asked them to ,line em' up, there response.............your not comparing apples to apples I'm sorry but put the Camaro, mustang and the challenger together and they all resemmble one another!!!! So to say one is ugly is just saying they are all ugly.
papawattz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 12:48 AM   #559
papawattz

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS +2014 El Tigre
Thumbs up +1

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
Yes...I would agree with your line of thought, however, GM should not take into consideration any possibility of what Corvette buyers think about using the LS7 in our line. Precident has been set along time ago about using the same motors between lines. Lets do it now. We are asking for the LS7 and see no reason why we can not have it. Please let's leave the worn out Wixom hand built it's gonna cost too much argument out. GM is savy. Come on boys, it's time to not play so close to the vest anymore. Time's a waistin here. Blue Oval appears to be not so overly cautious. Don't do it three quarters of the way anymore. Pull out the stops. Focus on the product and be bold. Don't focus on covering too wide a target market.

+1
papawattz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 01:11 AM   #560
AmericanMuscles

Drives: N/a
Quote:

WOW that really amazed me , i mean I love camaros and i would never though about even a though of talking on munstang like they did to the camaro i dont see how the camaro look ugly? i really dont see it at all.
hmm something people must have a really usually taste to things.
AmericanMuscles is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1le, 1le camaro, 1le forum, camaro 1le, camaro 1le forum, camaro performance package, camaro track pack, camaro track package, where's our z/28?