Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 05-28-2009, 01:51 PM   #57
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWIweldace View Post
Thanks radz, seems these are comparable gains to what Tag got with his Stainless Works.
It seems like the Kook's LT thread in this Section goes a little further into this.

From what I can understand, it seems like Kook's LTs are a little different between the G8 and Camaro because of the height of the engine/car and the oil cooler on the LS3. Maybe ARH just got "lucky" with their design and routing of the primary tubes Like you said too, it seems in-line with Tag's results.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // TooHighPSI Port Injection // FF // Katech Dual In-Tank // Soler 103 // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 01:55 PM   #58
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xmicro_SS View Post
I would love to gain 50HP and have the more open feel of high-flow cats and headers of this quality, but I cannot see giving GM or my dealer a way out of warrantee claims on a new model car. Plus Emissions under the current administration will probably become federally mandated to match California......not worth laying out all that cash for all that uncertainty.
These are worries I share with you too. I know it's not likely my car would carry a warranty with a TVS 2300 under the hood, but at least I wouldn't have to worry about CARB problems. It seems like all the states are going to share California/NY's smog laws so I think more people are going to feel the emissions pains people like me do. If you don't drive the car every day though, that may not be too big a deal, so that's one thing to consider. That's a lot of power to leave on the table though, emissions-legal or no.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // TooHighPSI Port Injection // FF // Katech Dual In-Tank // Soler 103 // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 01:59 PM   #59
bballr4567

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT M6
I highly doubt the whole nation will adopt the CA emissions laws. It would cost a fortune to oversee, change over equipment and train people to do it. Right now, the country cant afford that.

In the future, I think it will happen. Possibly in 10-15 years but not very soon.
bballr4567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 02:15 PM   #60
H3LLJumper

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS VIN#11184
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDBeck23 View Post
Im sure we'll be fine. If some jerk at the inspection station is so concerned about your exhaust that he's gonna look under the car, you have a bulge just passed the headers... that means you have cats.. and you're fine.

It's not like they have pictures of the stock exhaust system to compare yours to. You can tell them that they are the factory cats cut from the old exhaust and welded into the new one. They cant prove it otherwise.

Now if your county has the sniffer, I hope you pass the sniffer. But if it makes you feel any better, I had a 2001 Cobra with Bassani catted x pipe and bassani catback and it passed CA emissions with flying colors. We should be fine on the camaro in Va.
I thought they don't use the sniffer any more, but that they use the new computer system?
H3LLJumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 02:26 PM   #61
flyinglow57

Drives: rumble bee,2SS 6sp
wont the 2010 cars be grandfatherd in because they were built before the new laws? i know in Pgh PA if your car is pre 78 (i think) you dont need cats or air pump etc etc. same thing would be if they change the emission problem in 2011 or when ever.
Old 05-28-2009, 02:28 PM   #62
ZZcamaro

Drives: 2SS w/ ZZ427 Package!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinglow57 View Post
wont the 2010 cars be grandfatherd in because they were built before the new laws? i know in Pgh PA if your car is pre 78 (i think) you dont need cats or air pump etc etc. same thing would be if they change the emission problem in 2011 or when ever.
Sounds about right to me
ZZcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 02:33 PM   #63
novajess1972
I Done Caught Diabeetus.

Drives: 1972 Chevelle SS/2010 Tundra
Didn't see where this was discussed, but can anyone comment on warranty after some of these aftermarket products? I know there is debate regarding cams, superchargers, and things of that nature, but headers and exhaust shouldn't be much of an issue....right?

What items will possibly void the GM warranty? I had a few mods on my Z28...but I bought it used and well out of warranty, so it didn't matter.

Just curious....
Old 05-28-2009, 02:37 PM   #64
flyinglow57

Drives: rumble bee,2SS 6sp
all depends on your dealership. if you wine and dine the service manager he might look past exhaust and shit. i had a stage one computer a stage two waste gate and front mount and full exhaust on my SRT4 and never had a problem at the dealership because i was nice to him and up front about shit.. and had a friend that worked at the dealership.
Old 05-28-2009, 02:39 PM   #65
nfamous209

Drives: 2002 Camaro z28
Send a message via AIM to nfamous209 Send a message via Yahoo to nfamous209
Quote:
Originally Posted by bballr4567 View Post
Just because they offer cats doesnt mean that they are street legal.

IE: If it doesnt have a CARB number it wont be legal in CA. Hell, it wont even pass the sniffer test WITH the cats on it there.
correct on the street legal part. just because it has cats doesnt make it street legal cuz you cant move the cats at all in the U.S. not just cali. as far as smog goes. umm yes you can pass the sniffer with cats, even with out cats you can pass the sniffer. all depends on the tune and how aggressive of a cam you have.

now i said pass the sniffer, doesnt mean its legal. it just passes the test. if the tech over looks visual and is just concerned on sniffer then ur ok.

great product as usual by ARH
nfamous209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 03:00 PM   #66
2010 CAMARO SS RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS RS
can you put a drive by, a launch, and an in car video? i really want to hear it because i was considering stainless works headers.
2010 CAMARO SS RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 04:43 PM   #67
96rss/ls6
Inferno is the only color

Drives: 96 ls6 camaro, iom 2ss/rss /
as far as the install goes it should be a freakin breeze, from what ive seen there's tons of room under there. No moving the engine none of that crap. When I put the ls6 in my 96 it only took me 4 hours and that was no lift, and I had to go to the local junk yard and buy a rack&pinion cause the steering on the old v6 wasnt offset enough to clear the headers had to buy a v8 rack. These shouldnt take 3 or 4 hours Thats my guess
Old 05-28-2009, 04:51 PM   #68
96rss/ls6
Inferno is the only color

Drives: 96 ls6 camaro, iom 2ss/rss /
We havent had to worry with emissions here in sc, but have any of you that do have them tried messing with a IAT controller or anything of that nature to change your tune enough to pass a sniffer? It looks to me like it wouldnt be that hard to make a on the fly controller to lean you out enough to get by.
Old 05-28-2009, 06:05 PM   #69
A.R. Headers

Drives: Pontiac G8 GT
Guys, Other than the steering shaft, which takes all of 30 seconds to remove from the rack, nothing else has to be done to slide the headers in. These systems are actually about the same to install as our G8's mainly because their engine compartments are very similar. If someone isn't holding the headers from the top when they slide in, they will fall out. Our Camaro headers "are not" the same as our G8's. It would have been nice but we knew 5 minutes after removing the stock manifolds that a redesign was necessary. They are different because of the oil cooler and the floor boards. BTW, I know of no dealer that has not honored a warantee because of a header install.
A.R. Headers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 06:07 PM   #70
ZZcamaro

Drives: 2SS w/ ZZ427 Package!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.R. Headers View Post
Guys, Other than the steering shaft, which takes all of 30 seconds to remove from the rack, nothing else has to be done to slide the headers in. These systems are actually about the same to install as our G8's mainly because their engine compartments are very similar. If someone isn't holding the headers from the top when they slide in, they will fall out. Our Camaro headers "are not" the same as our G8's. It would have been nice but we knew 5 minutes after removing the stock manifolds that a redesign was necessary. They are different because of the oil cooler and the floor boards. BTW, I know of no dealer that has not honored a warantee because of a header install.

That should settle all of those questions!!
ZZcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote