Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

Old 03-28-2010, 10:58 AM   #57
Inferno2SS

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
Shane Carwin is a beast, cant wait to see him and Lesnar go at it. Hopefully Carwin will knock him out as well.
Inferno2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 10:35 PM   #58
slicker
slicker

Drives: Cyber Grey 1 LT / RS
i agree i think GSP already knew that he was obtaining control and did not want to seriously hurt hardy. GSP was thinking that he will keep his belt at the same time hardy can go back to training with no loss but the fight.

as far as carwin and lesner i think were looking at a slug fest here but im thinking there going to be a new champ waiting for cain to arrive who is right around the corner.
Old 03-28-2010, 10:43 PM   #59
wylde1
I am the Stig

Drives: Black w/ IOM stripe 1SS
GSP yet again... incredible absolutely make Hardy look like a little kid. You could tell when he had him in that Kimura and was wrenching on it he kept looking up at the ref like "what do I do?" Also goes to show how much class GSP has, in not actually tearing both his arms off. (although I almost guarantee Hardy's feelin' it today haha) Hardy was cocky going in, I was hoping GSP would staple his tounge to his chin when he stuck it out at him haha, but he gave respect where it was due in the end so good on him.

I can't wait to see Carwin turn Lesnar into hamburger meat. I hope it goes 5 rounds with carwin on top pummeling Lesnar for 24 minutes, knocking him out in the last 30 seconds. I can't STAND Lesnar, thinks he's still in the WWE. Although Carwin will probably take his head off in about 2:40 of the 1st, and I'll still be happy.
Old 03-29-2010, 02:14 AM   #60
kevin2323

Drives: challenger
lesnar better look out....he better make his gameplan all ground cuz if he stands with carwin ...boy oh boy is he in for an early bedtime.

and GSP ...........he's well gsp one of the greats....hands down he needs to move up to 185
kevin2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 01:55 PM   #61
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
Serisously, wrestling and jiu-jitsu 101 by professor GSP!!! I don't know what the heck my boy Mir (yes, he's still my boy!!!) was thinking! I know he just discovered his punching potential, but when you look at a guy who has won his previous fights by KO or TKO, you should get to the ground quick-like!

Indeed, Lesnar is going to have to take the fight to the ground like he did with Couture and Mir, although Carwin is a much bigger fighter than both of them. He's really going to have to maintain control over him. Carwin is going to have to avoid any takedowns and just throw bombs. If I remember correctly, Lesnar took a hit from Couture and it made Lesnar step back a bit.

I still think Lesnar has a lot of potential, fight-wise and personality-wise. I guess he really wants people to watch his fights and who wouldn't? It's building up to be a very promising fight in July...

Old 03-29-2010, 02:03 PM   #62
blackedout010

Drives: on order black 2010 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwantone2 View Post
Serisously, wrestling and jiu-jitsu 101 by professor GSP!!! I don't know what the heck my boy Mir (yes, he's still my boy!!!) was thinking! I know he just discovered his punching potential, but when you look at a guy who has won his previous fights by KO or TKO, you should get to the ground quick-like!

Indeed, Lesnar is going to have to take the fight to the ground like he did with Couture and Mir, although Carwin is a much bigger fighter than both of them. He's really going to have to maintain control over him. Carwin is going to have to avoid any takedowns and just throw bombs. If I remember correctly, Lesnar took a hit from Couture and it made Lesnar step back a bit.

I still think Lesnar has a lot of potential, fight-wise and personality-wise. I guess he really wants people to watch his fights and who wouldn't? It's building up to be a very promising fight in July...

yea should be a good fight!! but im ready to see the winner of that take on cane!!! the way he crushed noguerra man he's a beast..
blackedout010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 09:59 PM   #63
slicker
slicker

Quote:

well it was no secret that i was routing for carwin. but i was real suprized that mir did not even really try to take him to the ground. when carwin got him up agaist the fence i think mir knew at that time he needed to take it to the ground and leval out the playing field. im sure that mir studied carwin and knew that cawins short punches were hard. carwin knocked out gaberiel gonzaga with a short punch. the talks is now that mir will go back into the depresion mode and give up. i dont think that will happen. maybe cain will get a shot at mir next. who thinks that will happen.
Old 03-30-2010, 09:07 AM   #64
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

You know, I was telling my co-worker yesterday that Mir should have seen what was next because it is exactly what Lesnar did to him the second time around. I think he wanted to prove something by trying to stand with Carwin.

If Cain does fight Mir, Mir's gonna have to change some things around and really think of what he's gonna do. but that would be a really great fight as well.

My g/f and I were saying that Mir is probably super down on himself after the loss...hopefully he doesn't get too depressed
Old 03-30-2010, 10:26 AM   #65
Maa107
Someone give me a Camaro!

Drives: '09HHR
Quote:
You know, I was telling my co-worker yesterday that Mir should have seen what was next because it is exactly what Lesnar did to him the second time around. I think he wanted to prove something by trying to stand with Carwin.

If Cain does fight Mir, Mir's gonna have to change some things around and really think of what he's gonna do. but that would be a really great fight as well.

My g/f and I were saying that Mir is probably super down on himself after the loss...hopefully he doesn't get too depressed
^ my exact thought too...now im wondering what is left for Mir in the UFC? What'll he do next? im mean idk if im missing somthin but is there anything left for him?
Old 03-30-2010, 01:47 PM   #66
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

I guess the only thing left is to train harder and get a few more wins under his belt to even be considered a contender for the championship again. If he does end up climbing the ranks again and winning the belt, that would be a pretty good come-back story.

Then again, some people will say that it's other people's turn to shine...
Old 03-30-2010, 11:07 PM   #67
slicker
slicker

mirs had has comeback story after the motercycle accident he went way down and some thought he wasent going to come back at all. then he did. so i do wonder where he will go from here.

tomorrow night is a fight night roy big country nelson is fight Stefan Struve, Nate Quarry is fighting Jorge Rivera, Ross Pearson is even fighting i dont think i have seen him fight in a while. should be a good night, then when thats all done we have the ultimate fighter with tito and iceman. Quinton Jackson vs Rashad Evans finily happens on may 29 ufc 114. yahoo
Old 03-31-2010, 10:43 AM   #68
Jay_LHD3

Drives: 2019 F150 RCSB Abyss FX4
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin2323 View Post
lesnar better look out....he better make his gameplan all ground cuz if he stands with carwin ...boy oh boy is he in for an early bedtime.

and GSP ...........he's well gsp one of the greats....hands down he needs to move up to 185
This crosses my mind also. Then I think that the 185 class is in the same boat with no real contenders for Anderson Silva. I think Silva v. GSP would make good entertainment but would not be a good move for GSP if he wants to keep his winning streak.

These two guys seem unstoppable right now!!!

Jay_LHD3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 02:02 PM   #69
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicker View Post
mirs had has comeback story after the motercycle accident he went way down and some thought he wasent going to come back at all. then he did. so i do wonder where he will go from here.

tomorrow night is a fight night roy big country nelson is fight Stefan Struve, Nate Quarry is fighting Jorge Rivera, Ross Pearson is even fighting i dont think i have seen him fight in a while. should be a good night, then when thats all done we have the ultimate fighter with tito and iceman. Quinton Jackson vs Rashad Evans finily happens on may 29 ufc 114. yahoo
True...very true...

I'm gonna have to try and catch it tonight...I have no excuse! It's on Spike for goodness sakes!

Jackson vs. Evans on May 29th?!?!? Finally!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfaber99 View Post
This crosses my mind also. Then I think that the 185 class is in the same boat with no real contenders for Anderson Silva. I think Silva v. GSP would make good entertainment but would not be a good move for GSP if he wants to keep his winning streak.

These two guys seem unstoppable right now!!!

He would be a good contender for Silva, but I still want to see Silva fight Belfort first. I think that if for some reason Belfort can't beat Silva, then there really isn't anybody in the 185 division that will ever beat Silva.
Old 03-31-2010, 06:53 PM   #70
slicker
slicker

I think GSP could take that step up to 185 and give aderson a real good fight. he can do this with out risking the belt. my bet is GSP could beat anderson. i heard that GSP fought hardy at about 192 at the fight. granted he would risk the win streak but never the less he would be a great contender. that fight if it were to happen would draw a big crowd.