Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 08:28 PM   #43
Gibby
Z28 LS9

Drives: Traverse, Blazer, Cadillac,Fat Boy
The salesman didn't build the car. He is not going to know every little detail. And that doesn't make it a bad dealership.

"I definitely won't be making my purchase through that dealer when the time comes, and encourage no one else to go there."

A bit harsh for a kid who had his Daddy drive him to he dealership!
Old 03-01-2010, 08:29 PM   #44
Ravirn
Account Unaccounted for

Drives: Black SS
I definitely knew more about my Camaro than my dealer's sales rep when I went in to order. It's because I'm a bit of a fanatic on the Camaro and he's got multiple car lines to sell. After we got by the "hello" stage and into the "what are you interested in" stage, he quickly found out I knew a fair bit on Camaros. Instead of trying to sell me the car, he took advantage of the situation and asked about 10-15 specific questions about the 2010 Camaro. After all was said and done I commented on his questions, to which he answered, "Oh, it was obvious you love the Camaro so I don't need to sell it to you. So I figured I might as well let someone who loves the car tell my why he loves it". He then summarized my passion in 4 or 5 points, and got it all right. I was impressed that he actually took the time to listen to me, and paid attention.

Smart sales rep, and he got my business.

When I went in on Thursday to pick my car up, he had it out front (showing it off). There was a crowd of 5 or 6 people looking it over and he was handing out business cards. When I walked up, he was talking about the "awesomeness" about the Camaro and some of the points he was using sounded familiar! I listened to the rest and found out that he had really done his homework!! I went through all of the paperwork and as I was getting into my ride to drive home he leaned over and said, "I ordered mine last week." He promised to call me when his came in so I could have a look. His huge grin matched mine when I left!

Old 03-01-2010, 08:31 PM   #45
masterofpuppets
Pulling your strings

Drives: My girlfriend crazy with car talk
Did you even stop to think that while you were playing 20 questions with a guy just trying to make a living that someone could have walked on to the lot ready to buy a Cobalt or some other Chevy and this guy missed out on that because you felt like flexing your interweb degree in awesome? Come on dude. If you want to look, fine. Everyone does it. But when the guy asks "can I help you?" you can say "no thanks, just looking" rather then "WELL SIR LET ME TALK TO YOU ABOUT INCONSEQUENTIAL FACTS AND WASTE YOUR TIME!". You might as well walk into your local Post Office and go off on one of the clerks about stamp designs......
Old 03-01-2010, 08:31 PM   #46
Blakout

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
The salesman didn't build the car. He is not going to know every little detail. And that doesn't make it a bad dealership.

"I definitely won't be making my purchase through that dealer when the time comes, and encourage no one else to go there."

A bit harsh for a kid who had his Daddy drive him to he dealership!
Did you read what you said? No one said anything about my father having to drive me to the dealership...
Old 03-01-2010, 08:34 PM   #47
UCI CamaroFan
Zot!

Drives: Toyota 4Runner
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamIyam View Post
Boy, you sure did show him.

Most salesmen can spot tire kickers a mile away... I bet he went back and told all the other sales guys "Just another kid who spends too much time on the internet..."

Sam
I LOL'd.

Sad and probably true.
Old 03-01-2010, 08:36 PM   #48
Gibby
Z28 LS9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakout View Post
Did you read what you said? No one said anything about my father having to drive me to the dealership...
So sorry! I just assumed because of your lack of maturity you weren't old enough to drive yet. My bad!
Old 03-01-2010, 08:42 PM   #49
Blakout

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterofpuppets View Post
Did you even stop to think that while you were playing 20 questions with a guy just trying to make a living that someone could have walked on to the lot ready to buy a Cobalt or some other Chevy and this guy missed out on that because you felt like flexing your interweb degree in awesome? Come on dude. If you want to look, fine. Everyone does it. But when the guy asks "can I help you?" you can say "no thanks, just looking" rather then "WELL SIR LET ME TALK TO YOU ABOUT INCONSEQUENTIAL FACTS AND WASTE YOUR TIME!". You might as well walk into your local Post Office and go off on one of the clerks about stamp designs......
Mk well first of all, the lot was a ghost town. I told the guy I'm only looking today, and not looking to buy for a couple years. He could have walked back inside, but he decided to stay and chat about it. I'm not going to bother trying to prove something to a bunch of people I don't know over the internet. Not worth my time.
Old 03-01-2010, 08:43 PM   #50
Ravirn
Account Unaccounted for

Drives: Black SS
Old 03-01-2010, 08:45 PM   #51
coolman

Quote:
Mk well first of all, the lot was a ghost town. I told the guy I'm only looking today, and not looking to buy for a couple years. He could have walked back inside, but he decided to stay and chat about it. I'm not going to bother trying to prove something to a bunch of people I don't know over the internet. Not worth my time.
You were trying to prove something to a bunch of people that you don't know on the internet when you started this thread.
Old 03-01-2010, 08:46 PM   #52
Gibby
Z28 LS9

Quote:
MY GOD, I THINK HE JUST LEARNED SOMETHING!

Go tell Daddy!
Old 03-01-2010, 08:46 PM   #53
biojack

Drives: 1LT/RS,MRTv2, Injen
OP,

hope you learned something today.
Old 03-01-2010, 08:55 PM   #54
masterofpuppets
Pulling your strings

Drives: My girlfriend crazy with car talk
Quote:
You're not going to bother proving it to people you don't know yet you want to act like a badass to that same group of people at the expense of a guy making a living. Well done sir, well done
Old 03-01-2010, 09:01 PM   #55
Blakout

I love it when people put words into others' mouths.
Old 03-01-2010, 09:03 PM   #56
Class1E

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS

Closed Thread