Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

Old 06-10-2015, 06:24 PM   #183
X25

Drives: '16 C7 Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamestown View Post
There has been a lot of sparco questions in this tread. I am literally going to be installing a sparco pro2000 into my 1le in the next two days so I will update with my experiences.

I am going to swap the seat in and out for track events. Reason for this is I don't want to deal with the liability issues on the street. I am also going to leave the airbag light on for track events. I have heard there were some issues with airbags going off in earlier models - resolved or not I really have no idea and don't necessarily want to find out. I also think that on track everyone there has signed a waver and is wearing a helmet. Maybe this is flawed logic but that is my plan so far.

The seat is going to be bolted directly onto a planted bracket (no sliders) so really I will probably have too much head room. But I'll let you guys know.
If you don't attend too many events in a year, sounds like a great plan to me!
'17 RAM 1500 Crew Cab 4x4 Night Edition
'15 Nissan Rogue S AWD
X25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 07:15 PM   #184
cornerspeed92

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Im selling my harness bar if interested, the info is here. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=411781
Old 06-13-2015, 12:33 AM   #185
backeddy
Banned

Drives: 2011 Boxster Spyder (best car ever)
do not forget this......your life may depend on it

backeddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 08:10 AM   #186
jamestown

Drives: 2014 1le
I agree with the above two posters that more safety equipment in my car would be ideal. I will look into it.

As far as the Sparco pro2000 install. It is now in the car! Here is how the install went:

Remove stock seat. 2 Torx 50 bolts and unplug the stock seat. Unplug and remove the seat belt receiver from the stock seat frame.

Picture 1. Test install the planted bracket (Part SB137DR) It looks good... wait a sec...

Picture 2. Well, I don't have any low profile torx bits, so that isn't going to work.

Picture 3. Solution, cut out the offending piece of aluminum.

Picture 4. Install the planted side brackets onto the seat. They are in the lowest possible rear setting so the seat doesn't hit the planted bracket base.

Picture 5. Place the seat on top of the base in the car and sit in it, get comfortable and mark or measure where you want the seat in relation to the base. Then mark where you need to drill holes to mount the seat to the base. For whatever reason the predrilled holes on both the planted base and side pieces do not line up so they must expect you to drill your own.

Picture 6. Bolt the seat to the base outside of the car, line it up so that the seat will be closer to the transmission tunnel than the door or else it will hit the door. Bolt on the stock seat belt receiver, I used aftermarket hardware for this (and some other parts too, I can't remember exactly what came with the seat and brackets and what didn't).

Picture 7. Looks good! Wait a sec...

Picture 8. Goddamn it, now the torx bolt on the other side is blocked!

Picture 9. I thought about cutting more. But instead I just bought a bolt. I probably should be diligent and get a stronger version of it in the future considering safety is involved, but this one here is a home depot special.
Attached Images

Old 06-15-2015, 08:16 AM   #187
jamestown

Drives: 2014 1le
In the car the seat just clears the door, although I could move it inwards more if I had to, so the width of the seat really isn't a problem.

So how is the headroom? Surprisingly I'm not much lower than my stock 1ss seat. Anything I gained was probably give up by the more upright seating position of the pro2000. I am 5'11" and I have enough room, but just. My head didn't touch the roof at all during my track day.
Attached Images

Old 06-15-2015, 01:00 PM   #188
ZL1-V

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
The same height I have with my helmet on, but with my seat pads removed. I have a sunroof hence the pad removal when wearing the helmet. I was one step from cutting my Planted brackets like you did for the rear torx. I needed more legroom in my car. Definitely get a strong high graded bolt. The two bolts are the only anchors as the front slide into the stock mount. Heavy braking or even worse impact and you will want them strong.
ZL1-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 12:14 PM   #189
Cmitopgun

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT/RS
So I just picked up a pair of tank plates but it did not come with eye bolts. Can I get compatible eye bolts and fasteners at a hardware store? I can't find just bolts online unless someone knows where I can order some. Thanks!!

ZL1 Front Fascia, Rockers, & Diffuser, LED DRLs and Fogs, 1LT/RS badges from EmblemPros, CAI Intake, Vmax Ported Throttle Body, Stainless Works Long Tube Headers and Cat-Back Dual Tip Exhaust, IPF Tune, TF3 style stripe kit, Black OEM high wing spoiler, trunk lid blackout stripe, Nitto Motivo tires, 20" Niche rims, and more to come!
Cmitopgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 11:28 PM   #190
EarlyApex

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS 1LE
Here's a link. You still have to buy the grade 8 nuts to go with it.

http://www.saferacer.com/racequip-short-eye-bolt
Old 06-25-2015, 09:36 PM   #191
summit1le

Drives: 15 Lexus RCF, 17 Vette Grand Sport
I installed the sparco base which I hear is made by planted. When contacted sparco. They were perplexed by the blocking on the rear bolt. I cut a small piece and used the factory bolt. Crazy oversight
2013 Summit 1SS 1LE w/NPP, SW 1 7/8" Long Tube Headers, CAI Intake, Ported TB, Cammotion 224/232 113 LSA, BTR Valvetrain, Melling Oil Pump, 468 HP 423, Apex Catch Can, Tank Plates, RPM 4 Point Roll Bar with SCCA/NASA Cross Brace, Schroth 6 Point Han's Harness, OMP WRC Front Seats, F.M.T Trailing Arms, F.M.T Solid Aluminum Subframe Bushings, Moreno Motorsports Camber Plates, BMR Bushings Front and Rear, Essex/AP Racing Radi-Cal Endurance Front Brakes, Quantum Brake Cooling Ducts, ZL1 Rockers, ZL1 Air Deflectors, Heritage Grill, Pfadt Springs.
summit1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 02:21 PM   #192
EarlyApex

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS 1LE
Has any one seen or heard of this new "Hans" type of helmet restraint?

http://www.saferacer.com/zamp-z-tech...2#!prettyPhoto
Old 01-07-2016, 12:14 PM   #193
hcsi99
Cadillac Service Manager

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS, 1LE, NPP, RECAROS
For you guys with the Sparco seats, I know the airbag light is still an issue, but what are you doing about the seat belt chime since the seat belt doesn't plug directly into the floor harness but rather the factory seat harness?
Old 01-07-2016, 12:51 PM   #194
Aero_Sport_Concepts
aerosportconcepts@gmail

Drives: '15 1SS-RS/1LE (RRM)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hcsi99 View Post
For you guys with the Sparco seats, I know the airbag light is still an issue, but what are you doing about the seat belt chime since the seat belt doesn't plug directly into the floor harness but rather the factory seat harness?
Not an issue for some reason. Once the OE Seat is removed it doesn't go off. Ya the SRS Light is on but not a big deal
Old 01-07-2016, 12:53 PM   #195
X25

Drives: '16 C7 Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlyApex View Post
Has any one seen or heard of this new "Hans" type of helmet restraint?

http://www.saferacer.com/zamp-z-tech...2#!prettyPhoto
I bought it, but it was very uncomfortable for me with too many pressure points. I sold it and switched to the new adjustable Hans brand HANS, and it's the best one I've ever used in terms of comfort and practicality.
'17 RAM 1500 Crew Cab 4x4 Night Edition
'15 Nissan Rogue S AWD
X25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 01:01 PM   #196
hcsi99
Cadillac Service Manager

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS, 1LE, NPP, RECAROS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aero_Sport_Concepts View Post
Not an issue for some reason. Once the OE Seat is removed it doesn't go off. Ya the SRS Light is on but not a big deal

The seat belt chime doesn't go off, or the seat belt light doesn't turn off?