Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-25-2008, 08:25 AM   #1
logan1080

Drives: 2003 Crew Cab Duramax
Possible camaro future plans?

This is an email from general motors. could be a hint something is coming up.

-----Original Message-----From: ME Sent: 08/23/2008 20:29:51Subject: I have a question/comment not related to any of the categories above. Will the new camaro get more power in the coming years? Any plans for a Z28 car or a supercharger? I know no information has been released but if you could get any info that would be great.

Mr. logan1080: Thank you for your recent email. General Motors' plans for future products are EXCITING! We wish we could share those plans with you; however, it is traditional in the automotive industry to keep all details confidential until a public announcement is made. Your local GM dealer is among the first provided with new product information. Please keep in contact with your dealer and periodically check our website at www.gm.ca for updates. We thank you for contacting General Motors of Canada Limited. Katherine Johns General Motors Internet Correspondent www.gm.ca
logan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 08:48 AM   #2
Dan

Drives: 2004 GTO
form letter.....
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 07:51 PM   #3
logan1080

Drives: 2003 Crew Cab Duramax
Oh i wasn't sure I have emailed gm before asking similar questions and i have got copies of letters all before, this one was new. just throwin it out there.
logan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 10:00 PM   #4
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
They have to get the product up and selling first. In this age of high gas prices no one really knows how well it's gonna sell. If it does not move with these offerings then the whole program might get canned again. There is nothing the SS won't have that older Z28's had. I guess I don't get it...
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 10:05 PM   #5
Silverghost

Drives: Z28
GM tells everyone that all their future products are "EXCITING"

they said the Aztek was going to be "EXCITING" also..... and we all saw how that turned out.

www.rivercityperformance.com
Silverghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 10:07 PM   #6
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vash View Post
They have to get the product up and selling first. In this age of high gas prices no one really knows how well it's gonna sell. If it does not move with these offerings then the whole program might get canned again. There is nothing the SS won't have that older Z28's had. I guess I don't get it...
Maybe you don't. But be sure there are a bunch of us that do.

If you have any doubts about how passionate some are towards teh Z28 just check this thread out...

The Z28

But, I agree if the V6 and SS aren't successes, we can kiss the Z28 bye bye.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 10:40 PM   #7
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverghost View Post
GM tells everyone that all their future products are "EXCITING"

they said the Aztek was going to be "EXCITING" also..... and we all saw how that turned out.
The Aztek was exciting in the way that it created a new frontier for automotive styling jokes. It's all relative.

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
shining at the end of every day
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
Just a dream away
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 10:54 PM   #8
chadrcr
to Z or not to Z

Drives: 99 S10 ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by stovt001 View Post
The Aztek was exciting in the way that it created a new frontier for automotive styling jokes. It's all relative.
you beat me to it...
The Aztec was exciting, train wrecks are always exciting, bad , but exciting!

99 S-10 ZR2
06 GMC Z71 - - - sold...
getting ready for my Camaro
02 Z28 - - - sold :( miss it!
chadrcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 12:12 AM   #9
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
No it's not really the model it's just the power. Probably I am getting to old and also spoiled with low insurance rates from no tickets.

Another danger is when GM starts putting bigger engines the sticker goes up. And I don't want to see it like the Vette where it's rich only nowdays. The more simple the offerings the lower the sticker is gonna be. It needs to be more of an mainstream car.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 10:15 AM   #10
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vash View Post
No it's not really the model it's just the power. Probably I am getting to old and also spoiled with low insurance rates from no tickets.

Another danger is when GM starts putting bigger engines the sticker goes up. And I don't want to see it like the Vette where it's rich only nowdays. The more simple the offerings the lower the sticker is gonna be. It needs to be more of an mainstream car.
it will be a more mainstream car. pricing it close to it's competitors (mustang, challenger). but a limited run Z28 is what we (z28 enthusiasts) are wanting at the very least. and it looks like most of us are willing to pay the vet price to get it. which 2009 vette's base msrp is 47k. for 436 hp world class performance. . .what more could you want.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 10:42 AM   #11
JEFF2010SSMANUAL
JEFF2010SSMANUAL

Drives: IOM 2SS/RS LS3
I think a 422HP Camaro SS manual is plenty. I prefer having an SS like the old Chevy days. TOO MANY Z28's on the road now. With a better exhaust and intake the SS Camaro will put out 450hp. What more do you want. If you want more speed, BUY A VETTE. Much lighter. I want a MUSCLE CAR which is what the SS Camaro will be. The VETTE is a world class race track car, NOT a muscle car.
JEFF2010SSMANUAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 12:22 PM   #12
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF2010SSMANUAL View Post
I think a 422HP Camaro SS manual is plenty. I prefer having an SS like the old Chevy days. TOO MANY Z28's on the road now. With a better exhaust and intake the SS Camaro will put out 450hp. What more do you want. If you want more speed, BUY A VETTE. Much lighter. I want a MUSCLE CAR which is what the SS Camaro will be. The VETTE is a world class race track car, NOT a muscle car.
too many Z28's. that's your personal opinion. I believe there aren't enough. . .lol.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 12:27 PM   #13
aston70

Drives: Me Nutz!! Arrrrgh...
Right. Too many GTs running around. Not enough, Zs...
aston70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 12:27 PM   #14
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadrcr View Post
you beat me to it...
The Aztec was exciting, train wrecks are always exciting, bad , but exciting!
OMG; that's f'd, LOL! I mean... that's not funny *in my grown-up voice*

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post
too many Z28's. that's your personal opinion. I believe there aren't enough. . .lol.
The more the better. The faster the better. Too much is never enough :seesaw:

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is online now   Reply With Quote