Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 08-30-2009, 04:25 PM   #71
Mohrg Beast
TURBO HUNTER!!!

Drives: 2010 Camaro Lt Vin #1974
yeah, i dont see how you get complaints about you two. i simply post information i get. i do not want to post the names of the companies doing it cause someone could simply harrass them like last time till the decide not to do it. and if you have seen my post before i have posted the name of the companies that talked about it and the ones that dropped out. i dont see how i get "repremanded" for just posting information that is productive and informative.all i said on this site is that i like the concept of the STS turbo kit, others get on here and bash STS all to hell. i said if this other company dont come through with the turbo they want to do after Funfest then im going to talk to STS about doing one for me..then he starts as usual. and then when i try to explain, not to him, but to the others thousands of people that may be reading this thread that im not a liar and all the other accusations that he accuses me of im pulled into the "enough from you two" category. Can i not just give someone common props without being complained too then later repremanded..then even after that he has to get the last word. how does it turn from me saying "hey i like the idea of an STS intake" to feeling like i have to say sorry for nothing.
Mohrg Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 05:41 PM   #72
BigBOSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS, 6M, IBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohrg Beast View Post
well hmm..ive written several post about getting one turbo from Ultimate Performance Parts, then they fell through..then i wrote some post about still looking for one, then i jus wrote a few about finding someone else to do it, someone thats more reputable too. and thats about it..and in all of those post you seem to put your two cents in where nobody cares..yeah they havent got the turning yet..but somebody has to start somewhere..and if a very regonizable company says "hey we will take your car and begin putting a turbo in it, just bring it to the funfest have fun there and well take your car from there" then yeah, im going to be excited about it and post it for the people that i told id post all the information i can while i search for a turbo..now if they dont end up doing it, ill post that as well..and when i find someone else ill post that..its a forum that you post on, thats what you do is post. but im sure youll be searching for any post about a turbo from me so you can talk some more crap about it..so its just a never ending cycle..you ask how many post are you going to post, but youre no better cause you always seem to make an appearance in every thread i post in being negative..dude give it up..youre not bothering me..i told tran that i was going to quit posting on this site altogether and he told me to not quit and to keep posting about my search for a turbo..so i am going to..if you dont like what i say QUIT READING EVERYTHING I WRITE AND POSTING NEGATIVE GARBAGE.
I for one WILL stop reading your posts until you learn some punctuation and grammar. Reading the first two lines hurt my head so I stopped...
BigBOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 05:51 PM   #73
Jericho
Come see me.

Drives: Chevrolet Line-up
Send a message via Yahoo to Jericho
Wow!! It's like the young and the restless in here. Why don't we all just do like Tag suggests for a while and take a good step back. Hell, the Cadi has had this engine for a minute right? An they don't even have a tune for it either yet. So, we wont get one tomorrow unless someone puts in the sweat to make one. So, lets get back on the same page and go find one or find someone to make one for all of us.
Vin#30271
Jericho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 11:16 PM   #74
Mohrg Beast
TURBO HUNTER!!!

funny i thought commas and periods were punctuation..now we are just moaning and crying about nothing..i just posted one post saying how i like the STS turbo idea, and ive gotten wrote up and talked trash to for two days?? this is rediculous.
Old 09-09-2009, 02:22 PM   #75
trudawg660

Drives: 2006 Dodge Charger / 2SS IOM
anything new about being able to tune the V6?
trudawg660 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 09:02 PM   #76
Mohrg Beast
TURBO HUNTER!!!

dont ask its forbidden.
Old 09-10-2009, 12:08 AM   #77
dmack2k7

Drives: 02 mitsubishi Eclipse SpyderGT
i with beast i like there idea also and im pretty sure ill be buyin one for the v-8
dmack2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 12:14 AM   #78
Mohrg Beast
TURBO HUNTER!!!

most of the STS guys ive talked to are very nice..i cant remember the guys name cause i was driving on an unknown road while i was camping and couldnt write his name down..but he was incredibly nice..go to their actual webpage and use their contact info to email them..thats what i did and they called me back within a week. but i called about the v6 if you call about the v8 youre sure to get one soon. just email em.
Old 09-10-2009, 12:28 AM   #79
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Drives: Formerly-Stick
Quote:
Originally Posted by trudawg660 View Post
anything new about being able to tune the V6?
Nothing new as of yet, but, as was said earlier, the tuning companies are finally starting to see the level of demand this car has. The tune will come, because people will pay for it. They didn't take the time to figure it out on the CTS because it wouldn't have been profitable.
- X

2017 1LT/RS A8 Hyper Blue Metallic

Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 01:26 AM   #80
STS Guy
Marketing and Sales

Drives: P-R-O-J-E-C-T-S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanthos View Post
Nothing new as of yet, but, as was said earlier, the tuning companies are finally starting to see the level of demand this car has. The tune will come, because people will pay for it. They didn't take the time to figure it out on the CTS because it wouldn't have been profitable.
- X
I Concur. But the ball is rolling, I promise. I'm looking into my crystal ball and seeing an answer around the first week of November. (SEMA)
STS Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 04:50 AM   #81
ZZcamaro

Drives: 2SS w/ ZZ427 Package!!
Here is the exact quote I just got from STS:

Let the crew know that we have been burning the midnight oil to get this one right.

We at Squires Turbo must thank the Camaro5 family for making the 2010 Camaro system the most successful system we have ever produced. We have not released ANY information to anyone besides this forum and it shows the pure loyalty and love for our products. We are proud to be associated with such a family. Now on to updates.

First runs have been worked over for the third time to make them just right. With the overwhelming demand this kit has produced-nothing short of perfection will leave our facility. I am confident that systems will be shipping in a less than a few weeks!

The issue with the V6 computers is being attacked as diligently as possible. That thing is locked up like Fort Knox. There is always a way and that's what we are working on.

To all those that have systems on order...I am personally working on getting you into the SEMA run.

Thank You Again

They are working pretty hard to get this finished up, and I am sure it will be completed very very soon. With shipping only a few weeks out, we will see the numbers sooner than we think.
ZZcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 09:36 AM   #82
PieNsky

Drives: Victory Red 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBOSS View Post
I for one WILL stop reading your posts until you learn some punctuation and grammar. Reading the first two lines hurt my head so I stopped...
I was going to say something about the Grammar Nazis till I read those two sentences. But seeing how I am a product of the Kentucky education system, I will refrain from ever correcting anyone.
PieNsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 10:04 AM   #83
All-Or-Nothing
Account Suspended

Drives: BMW 6 series Vert
Nothing wrong with remote mount turbos, even the big boys run them.

Tell mike Murrillo he ain't making power.

All-Or-Nothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 02:16 PM   #84
Mohrg Beast
TURBO HUNTER!!!

thats very exciting..lol..cant wait to see some setups..wish it could have been around this time that they were getting it done so i could drive around during the fall with a fresh new turbo kit..but theres always spring. or a quick drive to somewhere warmer