Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 02-10-2017, 01:16 PM   #85
crc91

Drives: '14 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
See you there.

Sounds great! Also sending you a PM on Facebook. I'm more active there then here questions on some aero

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Patiently waiting for my 2023 SS 1LE
crc91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 02:50 PM   #86
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by crc91 View Post
Sounds great! Also sending you a PM on Facebook. I'm more active there then here questions on some aero

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Linking you up...
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 04:51 AM   #87
Inspiro

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
I heve a 2012SS with FE4
Is there a difference between the 1LE & ZL1 rear stabilizer
diameter is the same as per this thread, but according to GMpartsdirect ZL1 is FE5 and 1LE is FE6 and they have different part numbers

Will the ZL1 stabilizer fit(1LE was not released in Dubai, so will be much more expensive)
What other parts do I need to make the swap and get best value for money?
What model year do I need to go(if that makes a difference)?
Inspiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 11:58 AM   #88
JusticePete

1LE and ZL1 are the same
Old 06-08-2017, 03:53 AM   #89
Inspiro

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Quote:
1LE and ZL1 are the same
Thanks
Inspiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 03:58 PM   #90
sehovarter
HomezSS

Drives: 2014 SS/RS Camaro, 2011 Silverado
So, I PM'ed Pete, but have not hear back yet. I have a 2014 vert, so I think my suspension is FE3 (can anyone confirm?). I put 20x10's all around, with 275/40/20's with the 4 square setup, from ALL THAT I HAVE READ - it sounds like I want to keep my front and rear bars close in size - woudl the OEM 1LE's be good enough - I go from 23/24 to 27/28? I am also doing BMR cradle inserts and the swaybars - and then will stop and see how it all feels. wheel hop mods might be next (toe links, etc.....) but i wanted to start with the bushing and the bars - anyone - am I on the right track? don't plan massive HP EVER - stock with borla catbacks and touring mufflers, a CAI intake and a Diablo 91 octane tune - now I just need to tighten up the body a little....... any inputs appreciated - thank you
2014 SS/RS, FR Style 41's, 20x10x4, Borla CatBack with Touring Mufflers w/Magnaflow Glasspacks, Cold Air Inductions Intake, Diablo 91 Octane Tune, Firm Shift, AFM off, BMR cradle inserts, trailing arms and toe links, 1LE/ZL1 Rear Sway Bar, Jannetty Custom Tune for mods noted above (noticable change to how the car drives!!), JL Audio XD700/5 amp and 10 inch Sub, Focal PS 165K's, special wiring kit and amp board, and lots of dynamat (Amazon version) - Sounds GREAT, Runs Even Better!
sehovarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 04:57 PM   #91
JusticePete

It hasn't been 24 hours ��

I vote for a 28mm 1le rear or even better a 32mm JPSS bar. 5th Gen Heaven
Old 07-01-2017, 10:31 PM   #92
sehovarter
HomezSS

Drives: 2014 SS/RS Camaro, 2011 Silverado
Thanks Pete - so maybe I under-estimated the time span - but got your PM's as well - very helpful!!! decision now is if I just try a stock 1LE rear or upgrade both to your Black Magic setup - thinking the thicker bars front and rear will help with the body roll more than keeping the 23mm stock front and just adding the 28MM in the back. the upside is swapping the rear is so simple.... something to think about over the weekend - thanks again and have a great 4th weekend!
2014 SS/RS, FR Style 41's, 20x10x4, Borla CatBack with Touring Mufflers w/Magnaflow Glasspacks, Cold Air Inductions Intake, Diablo 91 Octane Tune, Firm Shift, AFM off, BMR cradle inserts, trailing arms and toe links, 1LE/ZL1 Rear Sway Bar, Jannetty Custom Tune for mods noted above (noticable change to how the car drives!!), JL Audio XD700/5 amp and 10 inch Sub, Focal PS 165K's, special wiring kit and amp board, and lots of dynamat (Amazon version) - Sounds GREAT, Runs Even Better!
sehovarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 12:47 PM   #93
94boosted

Drives: ‘17 1LE, ‘17 BMW 340, ‘18 F-150
Does anyone know if a Z/28 Rear Bar (GM Part # 22812943) will work on a 1LE? Also are the bushings the same sort of design as on the 1LE bar i.e. glued to the bar?
Old 03-07-2018, 02:37 PM   #94
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94boosted View Post
Does anyone know if a Z/28 Rear Bar (GM Part # 22812943) will work on a 1LE? Also are the bushings the same sort of design as on the 1LE bar i.e. glued to the bar?
The Z/28 bar is smaller in diameter than the 1LE bar, but it is dimensionally the same otherwise and will fit. The rubber bushings for the 5th Gen Camaro bars are NOT glued in.

Why are you thinking about a smaller rear bar?
Old 03-07-2018, 05:51 PM   #95
94boosted

Quote:
The Z/28 bar is smaller in diameter than the 1LE bar, but it is dimensionally the same otherwise and will fit. The rubber bushings for the 5th Gen Camaro bars are NOT glued in.

Why are you thinking about a smaller rear bar?
Strange I could have sworn the bushings were glued to the bar effectively adding to the spring rate of the car. So the bar is free to spin within the bushings?

Per auto-x rules in street class we're limited to changing 1 bar (front or rear) so I was going to source a slightly softer rear bar and a slightly stiffer front bar and play around with them (separately) to see what works better. On my C6 vette the winning ticket was a much stiffer front bar with a much softer rear bar.
Old 03-07-2018, 06:03 PM   #96
JusticePete

Quote:
Strange I could have sworn the bushings were glued to the bar effectively adding to the spring rate of the car. So the bar is free to spin within the bushings?

The bushing is a composite with a fiber reinforced plastic base and a ring of spring steel sandwiched in rubber. Pressed into the the strap it is so tight against the bar they work as a single part with the rubber twisting and increasing the rate of the bar.

Per auto-x rules in street class we're limited to changing 1 bar (front or rear) so I was going to source a slightly softer rear bar and a slightly stiffer front bar and play around with them (separately) to see what works better. On my C6 vette the winning ticket was a much stiffer front bar with a much softer rear bar.
Your Vette has a trans-axle and is better balanced than the 5th Gen. The front of the Vette has upper control arms while the Camaro makes do with Virtual Pivot / McStrut. What works on a vette will not work on a 5th Gen. Bar bias, the difference in size between the front and rear bar iss the key on a Camaro. 5mm larger in the rear than the front or more. A V6 bar with a 1LE or ZL1 rear does well. My 32mm rear bar with a stock front is better
Old 03-07-2018, 06:38 PM   #97
94boosted

Quote:
Your Vette has a trans-axle and is better balanced than the 5th Gen. The front of the Vette has upper control arms while the Camaro makes do with Virtual Pivot / McStrut. What works on a vette will not work on a 5th Gen. Bar bias, the difference in size between the front and rear bar iss the key on a Camaro. 5mm larger in the rear than the front or more. A V6 bar with a 1LE or ZL1 rear does well. My 32mm rear bar with a stock front is better
Good point not to mention a better weight distribution, less weight and a lot more front tire haha

Would you happen to have any picture of the factory bushings?

So my concern with going to an aftermarket rear bar is that I'll then loose out on the little bit that the bushings are helping my spring rates which are already quite soft but I can't change.
Old 03-08-2018, 04:39 PM   #98
JusticePete

Quote:
Good point not to mention a better weight distribution, less weight and a lot more front tire haha

Would you happen to have any picture of the factory bushings?

So my concern with going to an aftermarket rear bar is that I'll then loose out on the little bit that the bushings are helping my spring rates which are already quite soft but I can't change.
That is why you want a big rear bar. BIG. JPSS 32mm solid.