Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 05-12-2013, 11:00 PM   #29
Jims Mongoose
Jim

Drives: 2013 Black 2SS 1LE
Oh boy, bad news again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UF4LIFE102SS View Post
It's not the lens it's the inner housing. Good luck with the dealer throwing in the HID's. U will need a hareness to make them work.

Okay now I'm really confused. Are you saying that the Halos come on a different housing and that the dealer cant' just give them to me without changing the harness?

If that's true than damn.

So the only way to get those Halos is with the RS package?

Thanks for the information

Jim
Jims Mongoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 11:03 PM   #30
coreyaustin17
NEC5 C-HOLE CHAMP

Drives: 2013 camaro 2SS/RS 1LE 1 of 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jims Mongoose View Post
So bad@sscamaro, then the High Intensity Discharge lamps are what people are referring to when they say 'Halos', correct. If I get the car the dealer will throw those in or lose the deal.

Is it possible to get the darker lens for the taillights without buying the whole assembly?

Thanks for the links.

Jim
i tried tht one but my dealer wouldnt install aftermarket parts on a brandnew car and the rs package wasnt to much more than buying the lights
Old 05-13-2013, 01:35 AM   #31
Toasty
Custom User Title :D

Drives: 2011 Summit White 2LT/RS
Quote:
Okay now I'm really confused. Are you saying that the Halos come on a different housing and that the dealer cant' just give them to me without changing the harness?

Jim
Right. The halo lights are included in the housing with the HID headlights. It's not just a simple plug and play swap. there's aftermarket harnesses and then the cost of the entire headlight housing assembies.
Old 05-13-2013, 11:18 AM   #32
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Quote:

Jim
It's worth getting the RS package. Don't take the cheap way out.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 01:47 PM   #33
UF4LIFE102SS
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: 2010 2 SS
Quote:

Jim
U will need a hareness if u switched to halos. The housing I was talkind about is the taillights, the lens r the same on rs and non-rs taillights. The inner housing on rs tails are dark inside.
Old 05-13-2013, 05:00 PM   #34
Jims Mongoose
Jim

Drives: 2013 Black 2SS 1LE
Sorry, I didnot mean to Hijack this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by UF4LIFE102SS View Post
U will need a hareness if u switched to halos. The housing I was talkind about is the taillights, the lens r the same on rs and non-rs taillights. The inner housing on rs tails are dark inside.
Apparently by just mentioning the RS Halo lights and that I wanted the dealer to throw in, many of you guys have given me some great information, but in the process it kind of hijacked the thread

Thanks again for all the information

Jim
Jims Mongoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 06:53 PM   #35
JMT

Drives: 2013 1LT
Getting my wrap put on tomorrow!
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 09:19 PM   #36
skipinminn
Chiquita

Drives: 2013 1LE/1SS YELLO1LE 1 of Only 28
I had my Hood Painted for almost the same cost they wanted to rewrap it And Now I can wash it and WAX it I don't care how many birds shit on it
skipinminn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 11:50 PM   #37
markgws6

Drives: 2019 Chevy Equinox Premier AWD
I have some of the dreaded scratches on mine... but I'm hesitating putting anything on it.
Old 05-04-2015, 04:45 PM   #38
JMT

Drives: 2013 1LT
Jim just did mine today and it looks awesome!
Great job at a great price. Drove 1 1/2 hours each way and would do it again, very good work and friendly shop.
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 07:37 PM   #39
Texas_RS

Drives: 2013 1LE/SS
OP, did you contact dealer first for warranty on hood wrap, or called 3m warranty line? I've called the 3m customer service 2 times and left messages with no reply 1 month apart from each call. Maybe I should take to dealer if they get ahold of the warranty guys, cause I have no luck.
Current mods: Stainless Power Long Tube Headers,Cat Delete,CAI Cold Air Intake,Vitesse throttle controller, Muffler/Resonator Delete w/dual tips. ADM Performance Tuned,BMR 1.25 lowering springs,R1 Concept Slotted/Dimpled Rotors.
Texas_RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 09:18 PM   #40
Punisher80

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_RS View Post
OP, did you contact dealer first for warranty on hood wrap, or called 3m warranty line? I've called the 3m customer service 2 times and left messages with no reply 1 month apart from each call. Maybe I should take to dealer if they get ahold of the warranty guys, cause I have no luck.
I went to the dealer and they got it taken care of for me, I also called 3M after the wrap was replaced at the dealership because I thought it was stained again. They answered my emails promptly, even offering to mail me a replacement wrap if the cleaning directions on their website didn't take care of the stain. The dealership was great because they either had 3M cover the install or they paid for it, either way I was no money out of pocket. I do think in the future I will have the wrap removed and the hood painted, the wraps are only suppose to be left on for 3 years according to the 3M website. Good luck and hopefully your dealership will be as good as mine was.
Punisher80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 09:26 PM   #41
Texas_RS

Drives: 2013 1LE/SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher80 View Post
I went to the dealer and they got it taken care of for me, I also called 3M after the wrap was replaced at the dealership because I thought it was stained again. They answered my emails promptly, even offering to mail me a replacement wrap if the cleaning directions on their website didn't take care of the stain. The dealership was great because they either had 3M cover the install or they paid for it, either way I was no money out of pocket. I do think in the future I will have the wrap removed and the hood painted, the wraps are only suppose to be left on for 3 years according to the 3M website. Good luck and hopefully your dealership will be as good as mine was.
Ok thanks, I'll try the dealer out this time and hopefully they do take care of my wrap. Bought the car used, so wrap could be better. Stains here and there looks like oxided bird doo, but it's still under factory warranty, so maybe they can get it done for me. Appreciate the quick response.
Current mods: Stainless Power Long Tube Headers,Cat Delete,CAI Cold Air Intake,Vitesse throttle controller, Muffler/Resonator Delete w/dual tips. ADM Performance Tuned,BMR 1.25 lowering springs,R1 Concept Slotted/Dimpled Rotors.
Texas_RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 12:54 AM   #42
1LE_Track_Star

Drives: 2015 RRM 1SS/RS 1LE NPP Recaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreyaustin17 View Post
thats awesome man you should really start coming to some shows with CT 5th gen and a couple other 1LE guys
Hey Everyone I am a first time poster and, hopefully, will be a first time 1LE owner in the very near future . . . I live in North NJ and my aunt and uncle live in Mystic CT. . . where do you meet and how often? Other NJ guys here ??
1LE_Track_Star is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1le, hood, vinyl wrap