Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 05-18-2013, 06:44 PM   #15
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by bw26ss View Post
affordable to me I guess i should have said, geez
"geez".... I'm sorry if my post came across wrong. I didn't mean anything negative by it.

Darn tone of font....
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 06:46 PM   #16
bw26ss
Banned

Drives: ss camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShnOmac View Post
"geez".... I'm sorry if my post came across wrong. I didn't mean anything negative by it.

Darn tone of font....
no, im really pissed, dam rich people, jk
bw26ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 06:46 PM   #17
ShnOmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by bw26ss View Post
no, im really pissed, dam rich people, jk
Old 05-18-2013, 07:06 PM   #18
BubbaSS
WHAT RED LIGHT?!

Drives: 2011 Black Camaro 2SS/RS M6
You can add some of the 100 lbs back with entertainment and comfort options.
2011 2SS/RS M6 BLACK - VARARAM NO TUNE INTAKE, MODDED AND PORTED TB, PORTED INTAKE MANIFOLD, VITESSE THROTTLE CONTROLLER, DOUG THORLEY LT'S, CATLESS, X-PIPE, 25" STAINLESS WORKS RETRO CHAMBERED MUFFLERS, CUSTOM 2.5" MANDREL BENT EXHAUST, RICHMOND 4.10 GEARS, CUSTOM CAM (231/242 @ 114LSA), MUSTANG DYNO TUNED BY TORQ, 20% CERAMIC TINTS, EIBACH PROKIT SPRINGS 1" DROP, HAWK PERFORMANCE CERAMIC BRAKES, NITTO INVO TIRES, HYDROCARBON TAIL LIGHT AND FOG LIGHT BEZELS BY EMBLEMPROS, METRA DASH KIT, JVC KW-AV71BT, PHOENIX GOLD iAMP GM1, PASSPORT QI45 - 450 RWHP 415 RWTQ
BubbaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 07:45 PM   #19
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShnOmac View Post
It's getting old. Maybe you should just stay in the ZL1 section where you can be happy.

The times will get released when they get released.
Yes very old! And in every thread.
Old 05-18-2013, 07:47 PM   #20
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
The only thing I'll admit to the Z/28 lacking is a few speakers. Easy to fix.
Old 05-18-2013, 08:33 PM   #21
ShnOmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVmyZL1 View Post
A direct competitor.
They way GM designed the Z/28 I think anything that goes to the track is it's competitor.
Old 05-18-2013, 09:16 PM   #22
Wizard1183

Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
It's missing me! That's about it lol.

Seriously, a radio wouldn't be a bad thing it doesn't need a High end system or all the speakers. One in each door would suffice and 8lbs is not that big a deal. Besides that, rear seat should be optional along with the plastic around the side rear windows and rear window.

Life is short, drive it like you stole it!
Wizard1183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 01:24 AM   #23
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Its not the Zedder that I would put in my driveway, but I respect GM's choice for making it more focused (and thereby less accessible) than what many were expecting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightmareZL1 View Post
It's missing the Ring time that it did recently, Why was that spectacular performance, that should cause the public to supposedly salivate, not good enough to brag about?!
I don't know of a single instance where GM announced the 'ring time immediately after they ran a car. They record it, then sit on it for a while, then announce it according to whatever logic they have for determining when the 'right' time is. It will be faster than any other Camaro, and probably surprisingly close to the original C6 Z06 time. Thats all that really matters.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 07:44 AM   #24
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Since they aren't done and haven't announced the final features/numbers yet, it's a bit premature to talk about what's missing because we simply don't know at this point. However for the sake of discussion, from what I'm seeing so far, it's "missing" removable tow-hooks (easy enough for them to add before production), fire extinguisher option, 5-point harness option, harness bar solution for a 5-point harness, integrated transponder that can communicate with track monitoring systems, ability to integrate an iPod touch or iPhone that can marry track software with transponder, front and rear mounting options for either a GoPro camera or better yet, integrated cameras front and rear with an SDX card slot in the dash that can hold the memory cards for the video cameras. Just to name a few...

And if they really want to go all-out...how about a complete turn-key weekend-racer accessory package that includes a color-coordinated Z/28 branded helmet, driving suit, gloves, shoes and kit bag...for the weekend-racer who wants to literally drive it off the showroom floor and go straight to the track ready-to-go.

Oh the possibilities...

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 08:03 AM   #25
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
It's missing the Ring time that it did recently, Why was that spectacular performance, that should cause the public to supposedly salivate, not good enough to brag about?!
You're coming across very poorly here; in fact it looks like you're quite afraid the Z/28 is going to upstage your ZL1 which for some reason seems directly linked to your self-esteem.

They aren't "bragging" yet because Mark Stielow and team aren't done. Take a look at a few links of what he's known for before you decide he's "worried" and afraid he can't deliver:

http://www.lateral-g.net/stielow/

Mark Stielow's 69 Camaro vs a new ZL1:

http://bangshift.com/blog/sema-2012-...-car-ever.html

Don't make yourself look foolish by being condescending, insulting and questioning Stielow's competence, skill, talents and abilities. This new Z/28 is going to be the best track Camaro ever, and maybe even the best track car GM has ever produced.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 08:32 AM   #26
mkorgan

Drives: 1970-1/2 Z-28, 2017 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
You're coming across very poorly here; in fact it looks like you're quite afraid the Z/28 is going to upstage your ZL1 which for some reason seems directly linked to your self-esteem.

They aren't "bragging" yet because Mark Stielow and team aren't done. Take a look at a few links of what he's known for before you decide he's "worried" and afraid he can't deliver:

http://www.lateral-g.net/stielow/

Mark Stielow's 69 Camaro vs a new ZL1:

http://bangshift.com/blog/sema-2012-...-car-ever.html

Don't make yourself look foolish by being condescending, insulting and questioning Stielow's competence, skill, talents and abilities. This new Z/28 is going to be the best track Camaro ever, and maybe even the best track car GM has ever produced.
Just remember, he has about $250K in the Red Devil. If you give me that much money to play with, I could be know for a lot of things as well. I am extremely excited about what the Z/28 is going to deliver and look forward to potentially owning one. I think what Mark did with the 69 is fantastic but he will not have the unlimited budget with the newer car and he will have about 1K more pounds to figure out what to do with when heading into corners.

I think what Mark did with his personal car and what GM may be asking him to do with the Z/28 are apples and oranges. Not as much budget. Not as much flexibility (Government Safety Standards MUST still be met), more weight, less power. I think he has his work cut out for him based on everyone's expectations. With all that said, I hope he hits a home run. Can't wait.

Last edited by mkorgan; 05-19-2013 at 08:43 AM.
mkorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 08:52 AM   #27
IOMZL1

Drives: 2015 Z/28 | 2017 Viper ACR Extreme
Quote:
The time will come and it will be impressive. If you remember pictures of the ZL1 at the ring came long before the times were released.

dougshelbyengineering.com

www.facebook.com/dougshelbyengineering

www.instagram.com/dougshelbyengineering
IOMZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 08:59 AM   #28
Zfatuated

Drives: BAC Mono
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
I posted this thread because of all the comments being thrown around the that the Z/28 is stripped...So what is it missing? And why?
1. Titanium exhaust system w/300 cell cats. Lose about 80lbs, gain hp/tq. Add ~$8000 to the price. Worth every penny.

2. LiON battery. Save approx 40lbs. Add approx $1200 to price

3. VideoVBOX/Racekeeper data logger system with front and rear bullet cams. Driver development, fun video of outrunning ZL1's (just kidding! Better for recording GT3 pointby's). Add approx $2500-3500

Pass through for anti-sub belts in seat bottom cushion for a 6-pt harness to be used with a rear section roll bar (factory option).

I'd pay $75-80k for such a factory built track car and consider it the bargain of the century. Those who are not trackrats, your head is exploding, and that's ok, just relax and enjoy the thread rather than tell us how you would compromise the car...

Potentially that's pretty much it for a 100% complete track package. Hi Mark! Hopefully you are reading this thread
Attached Images

Zfatuated is offline   Reply With Quote