Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 07-11-2016, 07:51 AM   #15
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Correct. If you are in lemon law , it's the first thing a lawyer will tell you is your case is stronger if you stay off all social media.

Also, he may have settled already, the agreement with GM you sign requires you not to discuss details of the agreement on social media.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 08:05 AM   #16
Posaune

Drives: Four wheels and an engine
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvrsatisfied View Post
For one reason, he joined just to post this thread and never came back or responded to any comments. Actions such as this are reviewed as trolling.

If the rear end was grinding and the "entire" rear end was replaced, the noise would be gone. I don't believe the OP.
Because anyone saying anything negative about the 6th Gen is considered trolling to you.
Posaune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 08:13 AM   #17
jimmypop13

Drives: 2016 camaro ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Algeron View Post
I took my car in on 5-31-16 with 1598 miles for the NPP rattle, rear end groan, and paint issues. The car is still there. The time out of service is ridiculous for new car; however, this is the first repair attempt for mine.
Wait, what dude! Something is wrong with your dealer. They've had your car over a month. That makes no sense. They should give you the car back while they are waiting for parts to arrive. If they've been actively working in it daily for over a month, something is definitely wrong with them. You should be able to lemon it is it's been there over a month, I believe
jimmypop13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 01:05 PM   #18
archer1965

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
I took my car in on 5-31-16 with 1598 miles for the NPP rattle, rear end groan, and paint issues. The car is still there. The time out of service is ridiculous for new car; however, this is the first repair attempt for mine.

WTF?!

If it's true the dealership has had your car since basically June 1st, that's something Chevrolet needs to know. Thats flat out ridiculous for any car, let alone a new car.
I'd ask for them to take that one back and give you another one. Of cancel the whole thing and money back.
Old 07-11-2016, 03:31 PM   #19
Algeron

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Convertible, 1998 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmypop13 View Post
Wait, what dude! Something is wrong with your dealer. They've had your car over a month. That makes no sense. They should give you the car back while they are waiting for parts to arrive. If they've been actively working in it daily for over a month, something is definitely wrong with them. You should be able to lemon it is it's been there over a month, I believe
See the bottom comment. Based on SC law, you are correct, it is in lemon status (30 days out of service during 1st year). However, as this was the first run, I am letting it be fixed and maintaining all documentation. If I continue to have issues with it during the next few months, then I will go that route. Being that this is a first run 6th gen vert, it will give me a buffer to get it replaced with a later 2017 model and hope issues are resolved. That is assuming, I don't want to chance another Camaro and go Challenger instead. After buying my 2011 in Jan 2013, these 2 have racked up a combined total of 12.5 months of shop time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by archer1965 View Post

WTF?!

If it's true the dealership has had your car since basically June 1st, that's something Chevrolet needs to know. Thats flat out ridiculous for any car, let alone a new car.
I'd ask for them to take that one back and give you another one. Of cancel the whole thing and money back.
Yes, this is true. I actually went to get it today. I was told that the delay was that it was sent to back to the body shop 4 times to correct the paint issue. Once I looked at it today, I found adhesive all over the rear panel and swirl marks all over the deck lid on the driver side of the car. SO, I drove the Malibu back home, and the car went back to the body shop.

For the record, this is all documented, and I will be calling GM once I finally get the car back in proper condition. Apparently, all the delays have been due to the body shop and their apparent incompetence to fix a paint defect.

As for my other issues, the top rub was being caused by an incorrectly routed cable along the 4th bow. They found the NPP rattle. Epoxy fix did not work, and they had to order a new muffler unit. They did top off the rear differential fluid, and they are not hearing the rear end groan, but they have it documented as a steering issue, so I was to pick it up today, and drive it myself to see if the sound was still present. They did not find any pending recalls (BTW toe link is now marked as full recall, not just a bulletin) or oil leaks, but oil was topped off and documented in case the car continues to lose excessive oil (after 1500 miles, there was no oil on dipstick).
Old 07-11-2016, 05:39 PM   #20
sonnydurden

Drives: ‘16 1SS & ‘19 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awilmes24 View Post
I recently purchased a 2016 camaro 2SS in March and have had alot of issues with the car. In short, it has a very bad grinding noise in the rear of the car. The dealership has attempted to fix the issue 5 times now, including replacing the entire rear end on a brand new car. This did not fix the issue. They also replaced the exhaust due to a broken valve. Has anyone else been experiencing issues like this? The car has now been in the shop 25 days within the 4 months. We have threatened to hire an attorney and pursue a lemon law but the dealership is not cooperating.
I feel your pain! I'm on 21 days in at the dealer for a new engine.. I wish you the best!
sonnydurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 05:44 PM   #21
sonnydurden

Drives: ‘16 1SS & ‘19 1LT
Quote:
See the bottom comment. Based on SC law, you are correct, it is in lemon status (30 days out of service during 1st year). However, as this was the first run, I am letting it be fixed and maintaining all documentation. If I continue to have issues with it during the next few months, then I will go that route. Being that this is a first run 6th gen vert, it will give me a buffer to get it replaced with a later 2017 model and hope issues are resolved. That is assuming, I don't want to chance another Camaro and go Challenger instead. After buying my 2011 in Jan 2013, these 2 have racked up a combined total of 12.5 months of shop time.

Yes, this is true. I actually went to get it today. I was told that the delay was that it was sent to back to the body shop 4 times to correct the paint issue. Once I looked at it today, I found adhesive all over the rear panel and swirl marks all over the deck lid on the driver side of the car. SO, I drove the Malibu back home, and the car went back to the body shop.

For the record, this is all documented, and I will be calling GM once I finally get the car back in proper condition. Apparently, all the delays have been due to the body shop and their apparent incompetence to fix a paint defect.

As for my other issues, the top rub was being caused by an incorrectly routed cable along the 4th bow. They found the NPP rattle. Epoxy fix did not work, and they had to order a new muffler unit. They did top off the rear differential fluid, and they are not hearing the rear end groan, but they have it documented as a steering issue, so I was to pick it up today, and drive it myself to see if the sound was still present. They did not find any pending recalls (BTW toe link is now marked as full recall, not just a bulletin) or oil leaks, but oil was topped off and documented in case the car continues to lose excessive oil (after 1500 miles, there was no oil on dipstick).
I agree if they don't get my Camaro right I'm getting rid of it. It's a shame because I really love this car. But I'm not confident in the build quality.
sonnydurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 06:46 PM   #22
Algeron

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Convertible, 1998 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnydurden View Post
I agree if they don't get my Camaro right I'm getting rid of it. It's a shame because I really love this car. But I'm not confident in the build quality.
Exactly.
Old 08-31-2016, 05:44 PM   #23
tadre1

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Same here ...
tadre1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 11:46 AM   #24
classicrockr
Pills are for Pansies

Drives: 2023 2SS Red Hot Vert Camaro
I'm feeling the same way because of the window fogging issue. But almost afraid of the depreciation hit....
classicrockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 12:11 AM   #25
tadre1

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
I think we should be taking our cars to cadillac dealers ... they know hell lot more about the alpha platform than any chevy mechanic would.
tadre1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 08:12 AM   #26
Whitemaro6

Drives: 16 Summit white, Ceramic white 2SS
My brothers a lawyer and he said any lawyer worth their salt will search online for breaches in attorney client privilege and discussion of ongoing trail is also grounds to get your case thrown out. Just be safe. Tell us how it worked out after the money is in the bank
Whitemaro6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2ss, broke, broken, camaro, lemon