Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 06-30-2010, 08:09 PM   #43
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Days75 View Post
You don't have itunes installed at all or you are needing the latest version of it?
That's right I'm trying to down load it to my new computer ,but I can't even get on the sight.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 08:09 PM   #44
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
I also bought a $37,000 car I don't expect everything to be perfect in it because its a new design.
But every precaution has been taken to ensure quality and reliability, and if problems arise, you aren't just told to "stop driving the car that way."
Old 06-30-2010, 08:10 PM   #45
Days75

Drives: 2010 VR 2SS A6
Crazy! What OS are you running I'll see if I can get you a direct download link
Days75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 08:15 PM   #46
Days75

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
But every precaution has been taken to ensure quality and reliability, and if problems arise, you aren't just told to "stop driving the car that way."
I pretty sure if you were out burning the tires off your car and something broke GM would tell you to stop driving that car that way.

With the iPhone it takes effort to make the bars go down. I live in a shitty part of Arkansas and our cell towers suck, I don't even have 3G and I had trouble getting the bars to go down, and it was not a natural way of holding the phone.

This phone sold 1.7 million units in a week, People are going to hate on it, they are going to find every problem possible with it.

If the EVO had sold that many units then all you would hear about is how the screen is coming detached from the phone.
Old 06-30-2010, 08:23 PM   #47
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
I pretty sure if you were out burning the tires off your car and something broke GM would tell you to stop driving that car that way.

With the iPhone it takes effort to make the bars go down. I live in a shitty part of Arkansas and our cell towers suck, I don't even have 3G and I had trouble getting the bars to go down, and it was not a natural way of holding the phone.

This phone sold 1.7 million units in a week, People are going to hate on it, they are going to find every problem possible with it.

If the EVO had sold that many units then all you would hear about is how the screen is coming detached from the phone.
Big difference between intentionally causing problems and manufacturing/engineering defects.
Old 06-30-2010, 08:26 PM   #48
Days75

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Big difference between intentionally causing problems and manufacturing/engineering defects.
I highly doubt. I could be wrong! Apple did this on purpose...it's most likely going to lead to a class action lawsuit. Something tells me they are rushing to cover their butts. There was a post today on giz and engadget about them hiring more antenna engineers to come up with a solution.
Old 07-06-2010, 06:41 PM   #49
topgun1

Drives: 10 SIM 2SS/RS LS3
must be real iPhone 'madness' now if these things cost hundreds of bucks and apple makes you buy a rubber bumper for your phone for a cool $29.95 to supposedly fix the problem.
VMS Stage 2.5 Comp Cams kit, Cold Air Inductions intake, ADM race scoop, DT 1 3/4" headers, Solo cats, 3" Magnaflow catback, Pypes cutouts, HP tune, H&R SuperSport springs, Eibach sways/spacers, TexasSpeed UD pulley, LSR tensioner pulley, Barton shifter, skip shift eliminator, powder-coated calipers, R1 concept rotors, StopTech pads, Granatelli wires, Lloyds mats, tint, AAC afterburner taillamps, AAC scanner/sidemarkers, SRP pedals, custom engine cover, black bowties, Ridergraphix hood spears....
topgun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 05:49 PM   #50
lee

Drives: 2010 2ss/rs
i have the iphone 3g or whatever the last one was called and i drop alot of calls and have reception issues, is the iphone4 the same or worse as far as reception and dropping calls? is this rubber case yall are talking about bring it up to the same crap signal that i already have? id like to get one but if its worse than what i have i see no reason
lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 08:38 PM   #51
Maa107
Someone give me a Camaro!

Drives: '09HHR
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee View Post
i have the iphone 3g or whatever the last one was called and i drop alot of calls and have reception issues, is the iphone4 the same or worse as far as reception and dropping calls? is this rubber case yall are talking about bring it up to the same crap signal that i already have? id like to get one but if its worse than what i have i see no reason
I think it really depends on where you live, for example I was reading an article a while back that stated New York and San Diego were experiencing major issues with the AT&T network. However, I live in the Chicago land area and have yet to come across any of those issues such as dropped calls. Oh yea and the call quality is great. Regarding the iPhone 4, Apple is about to release a software update to fix the issues of the "Death Grip".
Old 07-10-2010, 08:42 PM   #52
Oddball

Drives: attentively
"Ring tones? Back in my day, we only had one ring tone, and it sounded like THE Phone." Tom Bodett.
Oddball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 09:17 PM   #53
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro
I want the white one already :upset:

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 09:29 PM   #54
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Both mine and Bonnies phones are shattered in the screens. I dont' want to have to get the new iPhone until they are more tested. But I may have to. Of course they are sold out everywhere. May be for a month or so, so maybe it's a good thing. BTW, nobody answered the question I asked earlier.
Quote:

I chose the iPhone a few years ago because it is the best phone for my business. It has a server network that syncs ALL of my devices, Bonnies phone, my phone and our computers at work, without ever having to hook it up to the computer. I can put a number in Bonnies phone in 30 seconds by typing it into my phone. Pics, Appointments, contact info and all. We can literally do all of our scheduling in our phones and 30 seconds later they are already in the PC and each others phone. A business tool that I have yet to find anywhere else.

I love the iPhone because of this and more. AND I HATE having to have an iPhone. Didn't want one. But tell me another phone that can instantly sync together with our computers and devices, instantly over the air. I might get it.
Old 07-11-2010, 01:10 PM   #55
CJ Man
Missing my SS :(

Drives: 2012 Ford Explorer [ :( ]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Both mine and Bonnies phones are shattered in the screens. I dont' want to have to get the new iPhone until they are more tested. But I may have to. Of course they are sold out everywhere. May be for a month or so, so maybe it's a good thing. BTW, nobody answered the question I asked earlier.

Have you tried Directfix.com for your screens? Also all phones can pretty much sync like that now but I feel Iphone is easier. Feel your pain AT&T service sucks.
CJ Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 10:58 PM   #56
GMtothecore
"That Guy"

Drives: Camaro SS...........what else?
Location: OOOOOOOklahoma where the wind comes sweepin' down the plains.
I've been with AT&T for like 9 years now, and I don't see any problems with their service. Plus I have an iPhone 4 and had a big whopping "0" problems with it. I've even tried to replicate the antena "problem", but it just keeps it's bars. I have the bumper on mine too, so there's not gonna be an antena problem.