Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - New England

Old 12-17-2009, 10:29 AM   #15
Slowhawk

Drives: 1999 Trans Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by chappy48 View Post
Unless I'm misunderstanding what you're saying, you just contradicted yourself. If a car has any miles on it at all it's more then likely been heat cycled (unless a car can magically travel 7 miles, as was the case with mine, without the engine heating up). You just said after a heat cycle you will go with some WOT pulls. How is this any different then hammering the car off the lot? Obviously the engine and fluids should be at optimum temp before hammering it, but I don't see how WOT runs on a dyno is any different then WOT runs on the road.
Pretty much yes,the 7 miles you had was from them seating the rings and moving it around.

If you noticed this is my car which already had a broken in tranny and rear end.

The point was that the motor needs a good load to seat.I stand by that enough that my $20k C5R motor will be run hard to break it in.IF my tranny and rear were new I would not do WOT pulls because I've seen what it does to cars with street gears and new Auto tranny's or New clutches.

The difference of street or dyno WOT differs if the dyno is a load dyno or not.A no load dyno will put some strain on the car but not as much as a load dyno.For a stock Camaro I don't think there would be much difference since the power is low.
Slowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 03:15 PM   #16
chappy48

Drives: 2010 Camaro Auto 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowhawk View Post
Pretty much yes,the 7 miles you had was from them seating the rings and moving it around.

If you noticed this is my car which already had a broken in tranny and rear end.

The point was that the motor needs a good load to seat.I stand by that enough that my $20k C5R motor will be run hard to break it in.IF my tranny and rear were new I would not do WOT pulls because I've seen what it does to cars with street gears and new Auto tranny's or New clutches.

The difference of street or dyno WOT differs if the dyno is a load dyno or not.A no load dyno will put some strain on the car but not as much as a load dyno.For a stock Camaro I don't think there would be much difference since the power is low.
Got it. Thanks
TVS2300 Supercharger w/Maggie Max Stage 2, 3.6 Pulley, Innovators West 8 rib conversion, OD rear Cog belt drive.
Jannetty Racing Rough Idle Cam, LS3 Conversion.
Jannetty Racing built 6l80e Trans, Jannetty Racing Custom Converter, Built rear diff w/ 3.45 gears, DSS driveshaft and 1400 hp axles.
ADM Twin Pump Fuel System, ADM CAI, Dynatech 1 7/8" Coated Headers, Borla "S" Catback.
Custom 18" Forgestar F14's, Nitto 305/45-18 DR's
chappy48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 04:23 PM   #17
Slowhawk

Drives: 1999 Trans Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by chappy48 View Post
Got it. Thanks
Sorry,I'm thinking more than typing
Slowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote