Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-13-2012, 04:33 PM   #1
jsully

Drives: 2010 v6 black ls
fighting my drivers side window

sometimes but not always when i shut my car off and when i roll my windows up, buy one full click up so it automaticlly goes up, when the window is about to be closed it stops and gose all the way back down again, and i have to roll my window back up again.... can anyone help!
jsully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 04:45 PM   #2
CamaroJim56
Obsessed

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS RS
happens to me when it is cold. Run it up manually (hold button). Keep it held for 5-10 seconds. Do the same in down position.

Helps usually.
CamaroJim56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 05:01 PM   #3
KIZE
www.gkiser.com

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS, Auto, Summit White. R
Sounds like the window needs to be re-indexed. Search the forum or check the manual for specifics on how to do it. Hopefully that will fix your problem.

Roto-fab CAI, GMPP exhaust with tips, Pistol Grip shifter with paddle switches, 'Chevrolet' aluminum kick plates, Aluminum Bow Ties, ClearBra front bumper/facia + side views + gills + behind door handles. SS floormats. www.gkiser.com
KIZE www.gkiser.com
KIZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 05:35 PM   #4
cmb74656

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM/BLI A6
If the windows are going up in auto mode and the key is turned off, they will roll back down. Make sure they're all the way up before you turn off the key, or roll them up afterwards. You can roll your windows up after turning off the ignition for up to 10 minutes or until you open a door.

MODS: RX Performance catch can, Jegs CAI, ZL1 grille, chrome license plate frame, GM locking gas cap, Defender Worx chrome DRL bezels, GM molded splash guards, Oracle LED side markers, DRLs, tag lights and reverse lamps, Technostalgia Rapid Fire tail lamps, Vitesse shift paddle extenders, MBRP cat back.
FUTURE: long tube headers, front splitter, slotted/drilled rotors, leather console and e-brake handle boot, remote fuel door and rear seat release, sway bars and bushings.
WISH LIST: Edelbrock E-Force SC, LS3 conversion
cmb74656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 06:43 PM   #5
lurker

Drives: 2013 Challenger SXT Redline
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsully View Post
sometimes but not always when i shut my car off and when i roll my windows up, buy one full click up so it automaticlly goes up, when the window is about to be closed it stops and gose all the way back down again, and i have to roll my window back up again.... can anyone help!
My Mustang window does that every so often, but it stops about halfway and goes back down. Probably a dozen times in 2 years... so the dealer would NEVER be able to 'duplicate the problem'.
lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 07:42 AM   #6
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsully View Post

On 1-15 in the owner's manual it states:

Express Window Operation
The front window switches have an express-up or down feature that lowers or raises the window without holding the switch. Pull the switch up or press it down all the way and release it. Stop the window by pressing or pulling the switch.

Express Window Anti-Pinch Feature

When express-up is active, the window will auto-reverse if there is an obstruction or severe icing. The window returns to normal operation after the obstruction or condition is removed.

I hope this was what you were looking for.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 06-14-2012, 08:17 AM   #7
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by KIZE View Post
Sounds like the window needs to be re-indexed. Search the forum or check the manual for specifics on how to do it. Hopefully that will fix your problem.
this.

To reindex your windows:

1) press and hold both window buttons (lowering the windows) until they are all the way down

2) pull up and hold both window buttons (raising the windows) until they are all the way up.

3) continue to hold up on both window buttons for roughly 5 seconds.

4) congrats, your windows are reindexed
Old 06-14-2012, 08:53 AM   #8
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
I've noticed mine does this also, but I've noticed that it only does it when I pull the switch to auto up, and then shut the ignition key off while it's going up, then it will go back down and I can activte the switch again and it will close no problems.

Both sides do it occasionally, but only when I turn the key off while they're in motion... I get the message on the DIC about once every 2-3 months to reindex the drivers side window.

If I get the window closed all the way before I turn the ignition off, or close it with the ignition already off I do not have this problem.
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 11:35 AM   #9
Coyotekiller
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 AGM 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacnJsn95 View Post
I've noticed mine does this also, but I've noticed that it only does it when I pull the switch to auto up, and then shut the ignition key off while it's going up, then it will go back down and I can activte the switch again and it will close no problems.

Both sides do it occasionally, but only when I turn the key off while they're in motion... I get the message on the DIC about once every 2-3 months to reindex the drivers side window.

If I get the window closed all the way before I turn the ignition off, or close it with the ignition already off I do not have this problem.
Mine does that too lol. Kinda a quirk of the car I guess.
Coyotekiller is offline   Reply With Quote